Wednesday, February 19, 2020

Celebrating Friendship

I invited my blog friend Gracie (click here to view her blog) over yesterday for a birthday luncheon.  Look at the wonderful bouquet she brought as a hostess gift!


Chef Dayle made a roasted chicken for us.  Yum!  I used my art deco dishes which was fun.  The vegetables were small potatoes, carrots and sweet potatoes.


He makes a sauce with the drippings which puts the finishing touch to the meal.  Thank you Dayle!


After lunch we retired to the family room to visit and crochet.  Gracie loved the gift I gave her - a WWII Navy Wardroom china with an anchor on it.  Her last name is Saylor so she loves nautical things.  


I wanted to show you this bud vase.  It's brass, vintage and my daughter Amy asked for one of these for her birthday.  I fell in love with it and found one on eBay for myself.  



The base is a bulb with roots and then 3 slim leaves.  Dayle picked two of our daffodils that had bloomed and they just fit in the brass tube.  Fun, huh?



This is a photo of the bulb on the bottom.  The maker is Carnevale and was made in the 1980s.  Gosh, that's 40 years!


I have this by my chair and the aroma of the daffodils is wafting my way right now.  Spring!  How I love thee!


The new paint is everything I'd hoped for!  It's calming, fresh and bright.  The color is called "Sea Glass" which thrills me.  I have a small collection of sea glass.  The dark painter's tape will come off soon.  Then I need to find some new curtains.  Hmm.. pure white or colored?  Floral or ?  What would YOU do?


I can't wait to put all the things back in there, my Princess dresser, artwork on the walls, etc.  This is the East room.



This is the West room.  My Cosmic Cowboy room.  Kristi just arrived to finish the edging paint in this room and she thinks the walls will need two coats of paint.  How nice to have a fresh start upstairs.  I look forward to showing the "reveal".. as they say in home remodeling shows.  LOL!



We're having some sunny days!  This is my view from my easy chair.. see the pretty tablecloth?  Can you see the photo bomber?  :-)


OK.. time to get ready to head off to my annual physical exam.  Ugh.  I hope you have a better thing to do today!!  ((hugs)), Teresa :-)  


15 comments:

  1. I am with you on loving the sea glass colour. I helped my daughter pick it out for her place. She did her dining room in it then did a feature wall in her living room. We both love it so much I doubt she will paint again for a long time. Enjoy reading your blog. Jean from Manitoba Canada

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kristi and Dale are gems! Love the room color. You might want to think of who is going to use the room as far as curtains go. Something gender neutral. Good luck with finding the ones that fit. Love your daffodils.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always see you in comments (especially on Gracie's Blog) and it is my first time over here - can you believe that? Your home is lovely. Jo xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. All the best with your checkup. Hello Gracie nice to see you πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah, my two blog friends together again. I wish I could have been there to take part in Gracie's birthday dinner and Dayle outdid himself with that lunch. It looks delicious. Did he make it in your new cast iron roaster? I think your new bud vase and the paint color are both beautiful. We've had some beautiful sunshine the past few days too and I'm loving it. Especially since I started knitting today on Dennis's new sweater and it's dark, as in navy, blue. I have a hard time seeing the stitches on the dark yarn so the sunshine really helps.
    I hope the doctors appointment went really well and all is fine with you my friend.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like you have been very busy. Love the pretty bud vase;) B x

    ReplyDelete
  7. How wonderful that you and Gracie were able to meet up and celebrate her birthday. The gift you got for her was a delight and I loved the brass bud vase. Hope all goes well at the Doctors.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That bud vase is so cute. The rooms both look lovely, Kristi has done a good job. (Don't suppose she'd pop over the pond to do a bit of decorating here? Ha Ha!) I think, although white curtains would be nice, they'd let in too much light. Maybe a deep blue or green to echo the sea glass theme. Mocha looks like she's licking her lips after a good meal. Hope the annual checkup goes OK. xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your bud vase is so unique - I really like it! Beautiful roses that Gracie brought you. Looks like you two had fun (and ate well!!). That room upstairs is so nice in the sea glass color. I would probably go with white curtains.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you again for the special plate, Teresa! Chef Dayle outdid himself, and I so enjoyed my visit with you! πŸ’žπŸ€—πŸ’ž

    ReplyDelete
  11. It issss lovely to have a husband, who is "Resident Chef"!!!

    I never really loved to cook. And he does like recipes. So when he retired, I said that he was now the Resident Chef! -smile-

    Lovely bud vase!

    We both love our views, from our favorite chairs!!!!

    Gracie's name is Saylor, and she collect nautical things. How cute!

    πŸ”₯πŸ’›πŸ”₯

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a great gift for Gracie! I saw a bunch of really cute crochet patterns you two may like. I'll email the photos to you. Wow. Kristi even tapes. She's amazing. Isn't the sunlight so powerful for our brains? Enjoy your swimming ! Ihavent been since I told you a few weeks ago. I hurt my back and cannot do swimming right now. Boo hoo. But I can walk! and I only need Tylenol at bedtime for helping me sleep. I love all the advice your give me Teresa. You tell it like it is and i LOVE that about you.!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I need a Kristi and a Dayle!!!! What a couple of gems you have in your life. I do love that bud vase. Very unique and I love that. Thank you for taking the time to link up and have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  14. How lovely to have your blogging buddy over for a meal! Love the things you shared with us, that bud vase is awesome :) I think some stripes might look nice over the window.


    Feel free to share at My Corner of the World

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm glad you had a good time with Gracie. The vase is nice with daffodils in it. I had to toss my roses out that Phil gave me for my b-day. Good thing I took photos of them. Glad we're having sunny weather in our area too. Trees are budding already! Repainting rooms are nice. I plan to get someone to repaint our bathroom a different color than purple. Eventually the other one as well. I'm sure your rooms will look nice. Have a good week!! ;-)

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love comments and thank you so much for taking time to leave me a note. :-)