Friday, February 21, 2020

Getting Things Done

Our afternoon of errands yesterday began with a "porch pickup" of some newly made Jadeite measuring cups.  Yep, Facebook Marketplace.  I think they're neat.  What kind of measuring cups do you use?


Next up was to drive to Oregon City to see a pellet stove we were interested in.  I don't think I told you but our old stove "poofed".  We were sitting her last week and we both heard a POP.. and the stove died.  It had served us well for over 25 years and we figured even if we had it repaired all the motors and working parts would be old.  So began the research into a replacement.  This is what we decided upon.  It will be delivered and installed on Monday.  We've really missed the warm radiant heat of a fire.


After placing our order we drove up the Clackamas River to have lunch here at Stone Cliff Inn.  I'd been here before with my sisters but Dayle had never been there.


We love having our early dinner around 3 or 4 pm, before the dinner rush and were able to to get this wonderful table with a great view of the river.



This place is so pretty inside with all the big log beams and walls.



The bar was right behind our table.  


The service was fast!  I got a Kobe beef burger with sweet potato waffle fries, Dayle got a corned beef sandwich.  It was fun to see a fishing boat way down there on the water.



We've been eating very healthy at home, so an occasional splurge is okay.. right?  :-)



The soaring ceiling and river rock fireplace is something.



When we walked to the car I followed a path to the edge of the railing and snapped this photo.



Since it was rush hour traffic on the I-205 freeway we took the back roads home.  With one last stop at the grocery store.. we pulled into our driveway right as the last rays of the sun lit up the sky.



A day well spent.  We are having several lovely, sunny days.  Oh.. I got a clean bill of health from the doctor.  I just have to have a "procedure" done that entails a thorough cleanse.. which I'm not looking forward to.  Anyway.. I have a newsletter to finish today which I will begin once I hit "publish" on this blog post!  I hope you have a wonderful day.
((hugs)), Teresa :-)  

11 comments:

  1. Lovely measuring cups. I have an old battered set that my mother's Bermudian friend gave to her and I treasure them very much. I'm very glad to know you got a clean bill of health and I hope the procedure goes well. The restaurant you visited looks wonderful, I'm always blown away by the beauty of the area you live in. CJ xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks like you and Dayle had a very productive day. The jadeite measuring cups are very pretty. I just have some old Tupperware ones I've had for over 40 years. I recently saw some Pioneer Woman ones online that I've thought about ordering. We'll see.
    You chose a very nice looking pellet stove. I love sitting by our gas fireplace in the evenings while we watch TV and I knit/crochet.
    What a pretty restaurant and the food looks delicious. I've never heard of it before, but oh my goodness it has a very nice view.
    I hope you two have a lovely weekend.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  3. You two have accomplished a lot since I saw you on Tuesday :-) I use stainless steel or glass pyrex measuring cups and hope you enjoy using your new pretty Jadeite set. The stove you ordered will be a beautiful way to heat your house. The cozy cabin-like restaurant is sure in a lovely setting and your meal looked delicious...a place I think would be fun to visit as well. Thanks for posting, letting us know you are well, and sharing the gorgeous sunset. I'm glad you have been out and about enjoying the sunshine, too. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic re health Teresa ❤ those thorough cleanses are fun....not lol Hey love your stove and what a beautiful outing you both had....eat away...I will be for 2 months while away 😀😀😀😀

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay for a new pellet stove! The measuring cups are beautiful. I just use plain old stainless steel ones. And that restaurant...beautiful! I'm a big fan of early supper, too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a pretty place to have lunch! So glad you got a clean bill of health... good luck with your procedure. I use a set of white plastic measuring cups that belonged to my mom. Your new stove is very pretty, I'm sure you will enjoy watching the fire through the window.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the stove, very homely. What a beautiful place to stop for lunch, that looked good too. I totally agree a treat is needed now and again.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad you know what kind of a new stove, you want to get. I'm sure that the heat of a stove, is lovely.

    Hooray for the clean bill of health!!!!!

    What kind of Cleanse, I wonder? There are many, wonder which, he recommended...?

    *•.¸💛¸.•*

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds like a wonderful day. Isn't it nice that the two of you enjoy spending the day together doing the same things! That's not always the case! Pete and I go out most Saturdays for an early dinner - 3:30 or 4:00 before the crowds arrive. I've got one of those procedures planned at the beginning of next month too. Not fun, but at least the one I'm having is only every 10 years. Hope all goes well!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You did have a busy day and what a wonderful way to end it with a lovely meal at that gorgeous Inn. The views are amazing! xx Susan

    ReplyDelete
  11. Pretty new stove Teresa! And that restaurant looks like a fun place. I actually need a new set of measuring cups (my 1/3 C measure has been missing for a month or more!). Mine are the stainless steel type. Glad your Dr. visit had good news attached to it!

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love comments and thank you so much for taking time to leave me a note. :-)