Friday, April 10, 2020

Making the Most of Home

Hello my friends.  How are you doing with staying home and staying safe?  We're trying to adapt to the new normal and make the best of things.  This single tulip has brought visual joy to the garden.


The yellow ones opened and I got a closeup of this one.


We decided to support a local business - the Historic Springdale Pub - and ordered a pizza.  You just drive up and they hand it to you through the window.  It was good and we're going to order one every few weeks.


We're having a FABULOUS weather week.  Sunny and warm.  Each day we spend time outside and enjoying our little slice of paradise.  I took this shot on my iPhone on the camera setting .5.  It encompasses much more than the #1 setting.


This is from the same place only on setting #1.


Our little Cairn Terrier Mocha has gotten quite bossy and wants to go outside many times a day.  Most times just to enjoy the outside and keep an eye on the squirrels.  This is how they spend a lot of time.  :-D


Hey.. kissy sounds.. look at mommy!


The 4th of July rose is putting out leaves and it's fun to see the rose hips on there, too.


The .5 setting captures all the way to the tops of the 75 foot Douglas Firs!


Normal setting.  Hey, one has to keep oneself occupied, right?


When we're spending time inside.. this one has adopted our guest chair as hers.  :-)  I put my little crocheted cat on that chair and she seems to be enjoying the company.


A pair of Blue Jays visited our feeders.  Not the best photo, the iPhone does fall short on the zoom feature.. very pixilated.  

The Steller's jay (Cyanocitta stelleri) is a jay native to western North America, closely related to the blue jay found in the rest of the continent, but with a black head and upper body. It is also known as the long-crested jay, mountain jay, and pine jay. It is the only crested jay west of the Rocky Mountains.


My blog friend, Lucy at Attic24, designed a Spring garland of flowers and leaves - go check it out.  So, I decided it would be neat to make one to string across our TV cabinet.  


So far I have 4 flowers with leaves done.  Only 16 more to go!  Plus, she puts a little flower between these larger flowers.  This will be pretty in the Spring and also the Summer.


We've also been looking for an outdoor fireplace for a long time and finally found one - it's also a pizza oven and has a grill on top for BBQing burgers, hotdogs and steaks.  It arrived yesterday in a wooden crate.  Dayle has his work cut out for him to put it together.  We're going to build a brick base to put it on next to the deck... actually right behind where it's sitting.


This is what it will look like when built.  The pizza oven door is where the sun is.  I'm sure looking forward to using this during the summer.


 The Bleeding Heart is blooming, I just love these.


Our big Koi, our last remaining fish, the Blue Heron wiped us out.  I'm so happy this guy is still with us.  We are looking at getting a few new ones for his company.


My big Lumix camera battery was dead on the night of the full moon - the pink moon.  I was not pleased.  And the battery charger decided to die.  But I found a fully charged battery the next day and so I got this photo the night after the full moon.  I like it!


And so.. that's my latest.. :-D  How are YOU keeping yourself occupied and safe?  ((hugs)), Teresa :-)  

❀.•❤•.✿.•❤•.❀ Happy Easter! ❀.•❤•.✿.•❤•.❀

10 comments:

  1. Hi Teresa and a very Happy Easter to you and Dayle. I am way behind with your posts/ my blog. Of late I have been making a lot of cards and crochet hearts to send to the hospital where my son is working. Worrying times. I also made some to send to the care home where mum is.
    I like the rock art, I remember the crochet ones.
    The photographs of your place are great and I have a better picture in my mind now.
    I would like some raised beds for veg. Will now have to wait to get anything like that as we not going out and a lot of places are shut down.
    Times to seemshave passed quite quickly - a lot of crafting, a little gardening and planning food supplies and meals. We have also managed a few walks Hugs Anne X

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your Mocha pictures, I love your koi, I love your flowers and oh that MOON!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful seeing all around your garden and yes photos are a great entertainment. You know me and all my Woody pics 🤣🤣 What is in the sachets with the yummy pizza? Rainy and cold here xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I enjoyed seeing your latest projects and latest blooms...the garland flowers you have completed thus far are pretty. My biggest project today was going to Freddie’s for groceries. For the first time I wore a cloth mask a friend had dropped off yesterday afternoon. Have spent time participating in online Good Friday Services today. One was in Grimsby, England in the area some of my ancestors are from. May the Lord bless your weekend Teresa, Dayle and Mocha ❤️❤️❤️

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely to see the jays on your feeder, what amazing feathers they have. The weather here has been glorious as well so I've been in the gardening doing lots of jobs. Glad you are safe and well. That pizza looks amazing! Look after yourself my friend. CJ xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your property is really beautiful - you are lucky to have such lovely nature surrounding you. Thanks for sharing your sweet photos with us! Happy Easter, Teresa!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That fireplace/oven is going to be fantastic! And it will give Dayle a nice project to do during these tough times. Stay safe and well Teresa, you are always in my thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great Moon picture and love your new outdoor fireplace. Can't wait to see the pizzas you make!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your moon shot is beautiful, Teresa! I'm sure you will enjoy more outdoor time after Dayle puts together that handsome fireplace. We spend a lot of time outside on our patio now, also. We've been putting down rich compost and enjoying the sunny weather. Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  10. We're doing well. Enjoyed another walk outdoors. Why not? Nice photos of what's going in your spot in Oregon. Need to go thru stuff we pulled out of a room that has water damage from a leaking shower. It's fixed but didn't know it was bad tilMegan found some mold. Have a good week! X-------X :-}

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love comments and thank you so much for taking time to leave me a note. :-)