Wednesday, May 13, 2020

Flowers and Japanese Fishing Floats

Greetings my friends!  How is your week going?  We're just ambling by the days, doing this and that.  Hanging in there.  I used my big Lumix camera to zoom in on this beautiful orange Azalea.  Isn't it something?


I'd always wanted one of these so Kristi planted these for us.



The big pink Rhodies.



The Goldfinches have been flocking to our feeders!  How many do you count?  I got 39!


I have a big lantern that is fun to put different things in and I thought.. hmm.. it would be fun to put some of my collection of antique glass Japanese fishing floats in there.  These are just the smaller ones.  I really need to show you my BIG ones.  Someday.  The ones with nets are how they looked before someone cut off the net or else it rotted off.  They used these to attach to the fishing nets to float them.



It's fun to see through them.  


History of the glass float can be found HERE.



Kristi inherited several glass floats from her grandfather who acquired them while he was stationed in Guam in the service and also he found several on the Oregon Coast.  She gave them to me to add to my collection.  This is one of the medium sized one still in its original netting.  They recycled brown glass, probably from beer bottles.



Dayle brought in roses that have bloomed.. you should smell these Double Delight roses!



Roses already, isn't that something?



:-)



I found a recipe for a copycat for Starbucks pumpkin bread and got out all the ingredients and Dayle stirred it together and baked it.  It turned out great!



Chef Dayle also made a chicken tenderloin alfredo pasta for dinner with peas and grated some cheddar cheese on top.  Yum!



The night of the full moon I went out and decided to quickly snap an image before that band of clouds covered it.



And then zooming in for the money shot.  :-)



And lastly, I was the lucky winner in my blog friend KathyB's contest for a gift certificate at her LYS (local yarn store).  I worked via text with the owner to decide on which yarn I'd get and came up with this wonderful Queensland Collection TIDE yarn which is: 
40% Cotton30% Viscose15% Alpaca10% Polyamide5% wool.
I'm going to make a 2nd Sunday Shawl, with that luscious dark purple as the base and the lacy edging will be multi-colored.  More on that in upcoming posts.  Thank you, KathyB!!  Her blog is HERE.


I hope you're staying safe and doing well.  Thanks for the visit.
((hugs)), Teresa :-)  

13 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing the beauty around you, Teresa...so many wonderful photos...the closeup of the orange Azalea...and the moon...WOW! I first counted 34 then 40 birdies :-) How lovely to win yarn from Kathy B's blog, to make another Sunday shawl! I knit another inch on a baby blanket this morning. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great choice Teresa. I love queensland for summer shawls and such. I love all of your flower photos!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The fishing floats are so pretty, I've never seen them before. The roses are gorgeous... I gave up trying to grow roses years ago. Dinner and the bread look delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Japanese fishing floats are great, Teresa! Love that big one Kristi gave you. As always your flowers are lovely. Congratulations on the win! I'm sure you will make a lovely shawl. Roses have been lovely here in my garden this year. They love all the rain we've been getting.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely fishing floats and food and plants.....I could just go on and on lol
    Here baby visit done so cute

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your flowers are all so pretty, especially the roses. I enjoyed seeing your fishing floats again. I have the one you gave me on display all year long along with some shells from the Oregon coast. They are all on a table under a picture a friend painted for me of the coastline in France where he grew up. It looks much like Oregon!
    I really like the yarn you got from the contest. It will make a beautiful shawl. I started a new shawl today with the yarn from Meredith. It will take me awhile because it's knitted.
    And finally, I wish I had come to dinner with you tonight. Chicken alfredo is one of my favorite foods!
    Wishing you and Dayle a great Thursday. Take care and wash your hands!
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  7. More lovely photos. Those fishing floats are fascinating. We inherited a large green one which sits on our tiny pond. Enjoy your day:) B x

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a joy to visit and see the Japanese glass floats they are so beautiful. Looking forward to seeing more of your collection. The chicken alfredo looks delicious, I wish I lived closer so that I could sit awhile and take a slice of pumpkin bread. Take care and stay safe.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome photos, Teresa! I especially love the flower shots. Your Kristi is so kind and thoughtful. So often you comment on something sweet she has done for you. You are a loving person and so is she! So nice to read about your family. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What lovely photos!
    For some reason Blogger won't let me sign in under my own blog anymore. I used to have a wedding blog for my daughter and it's the only one it recognizes. I always have to explain who I am when I go visiting in blogland. It's such a pain.
    It's me.
    Araignee!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love how you displayed your glass ball collection.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh I love that lantern Teresa and what a great way to show some of your smaller floats - gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. You were indeed lucky to get flowers and that beautiful yarn. Love your moon shot Teresa.

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love comments and thank you so much for taking time to leave me a note. :-)