Wednesday, December 30, 2020

Bead Jewelry Making

I got out my jewelry making tray and re-strung my 2 bracelets and also re-imagined my Christmas tree earrings.  They only had 3 Swarovski crystal flower shaped beads so the trees were rather small.  I had ordered 2 bigger beads and made a pendant, and decided the earrings needed to be bigger too, so here is the final result.  


The beads are flower shaped and are called "Marguerite Lochrose" shape and come in several colors.  You just stack them up to make a tree!


I also made the gold hoops by bending gold wire into a circle, making a small loop on one end and bending up the other end and filing it smooth.  All the earrings I wear hang on these hoops.  I wear smaller hoops 24/7.  I wear the bigger hoops when I go out.  LOL!  Which means not much for the last 10 months!


Here is my jewelry making tray.  The wooden needle case covered in peyote stitch beads is also one of my creations.  


The small abalone shell where I keep bits and pieces was found by Dayle when he was scuba diving in ice cold water off the Northern end of Vancouver Island, BC, Canada.  :-)


I absolutely love this shell because Dayle found it at the bottom of the sea.  :-)


I had to order the center stones to finish stringing my Sleeping Beauty mine turquoise bracelet, when it broke the beads went down into the recliner in the living room and we never found enough of them to re-string.  But I kind of like the graduated bigger beads in the center.  I think turquoise might be my spirit stone as I am gobsmacked by the color.

Turquoise Associations

Chakras - Heart Chakra, Throat Chakra, Third Eye Chakra
Birthstone - December (Blue Turquoise)
Zodiac - Scorpio, Sagittarius, Aquarius, Pisces
Planet - Venus & Neptune
Element - Earth/Air/Fire
Vibration - Number 1
Typical colors - turquoise, blue, green, yellow-green
 

Healing with Turquoise

♥ Purification ♥ Serenity ♥ Protection ♥ Wisdom ♥ Balance ♥ Strength ♥ Friendship ♥ Love ♥ Positive thinking ♥ Sensitivity

Turquoise is a purification stone.  It dispels negative energy and can be worn to protect against outside influences or pollutants in the atmosphere.  Turquoise balances and aligns all the chakras, stabilizing mood swings and instilling inner calm.  It is excellent for depression and exhaustion, it also has the power to prevent panic attacks.  Turquoise promotes self-realization and assists creative problem solving.  It is a symbol of friendship, and stimulates romantic love.

Turquoise aids in the absorption of nutrients, enhances the immune system, stimulates the regeneration of tissue, and heals the whole body.  It contains anti-inflammatory and detoxifying effects, and alleviates cramps and pain.  Turquoise purifies lungs, soothes and clears sore throats, and heals the eyes, including cataracts.  It neutralizes over-acidity, benefits rheumatism, gout, stomach problems, and viral infections.



The second bracelet repair was this one, it's Larimar, also called "Stefilia's Stone", and is a rare blue variety of the silicate mineral pectolite found only in the Dominican Republic, in the Caribbean. Its coloration varies from white, light-blue, green-blue to deep blue.  (This is not a good photo, sorry.)


Now I'm back in business with my 2 repaired bracelets that I wear 24/7.  


Are you a bracelet wearer?  What is your favorite gemstone?


My sister Denise called me and told me to be sure and get a photo of the moon as it was big and full and bright.  I went out 3 times only to find it behind our tall trees in our woods.. finally just before midnight I went out to find it straight up in the heavens above me.  It was a little difficult to get the shot holding the camera straight up!!  But here is the result.


It's cold and rainy here today but we're warm and cozy in our little nest with the fire burning beside us.  How are you doing this week?  Any excitement?  I'm in hibernation so all is well.  I think I'm part bear.

((hugs)), Teresa :-)  

*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*

  *H*A*P*P*Y* *N*E*W* *Y*E*A*R*!*

*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*


 


15 comments:

  1. Gorgeous bracelets. Making jewellery is something I'd love to have a go at one day. The Christmas trees are lovely, such a clever idea. And I really love the gemstone bracelets. There are some really beautiful stones out there, aren't there. CJ xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful pieces. It's been years since I've done any beading, but plan to pull it all out of storage and start again in the New Year. Thank you for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such pretty jewelry! I've made those trees before but I can't remember why. I don't have any here so I guess they were a gift of some sort. Araignee

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your jewelry is so pretty Teresa. I especially like your renewed Christmas tree earrings. The bracelets I recognize as ones you wear. My favorite stone is amethyst. It's my birthstone and purple and you know me and purples! :-)
    We ended up with about 12 1/2 inches of snow today. It's supposed to start snowing again around midnight. Bleh. I shoveled four times today and Dennis went out after dinner and cleaned my car off and shoveled again. We have had a garage for so long that we're not used to this anymore!
    I didn't go anywhere today and I'm sure I'll stay home tomorrow too. That's okay. I'm happy as a clam here.
    Take care my friend and Happy New Years! Do you have big plans to stay up until midnight?
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Goodness, you have so many talents, Teresa! Lovely jewelry! I imagine that there isn't much you cannot do!
    Best wishes for a happy, healthy 2021!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the sweet little Christmas tree ear rings! Happy New Year to you and yours x

    ReplyDelete
  7. what a terrific photo of the moon! I love your abalone shell, its a beauty, and your Christmas tree earrings are just so cute!
    Wishing you and all your family a very happy and peaceful New Year, Jillxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Teresa, Wonderful jewelry. Where did you get the infornamtion on panic and healing with torquoise. Id love to check it out more and Amber

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your bead bracelets, especially the devine blue Stefilia's Stone beads. I wear slim rigid bangles 24/7, but have a great weakness for green jade beads and dark opals. What a stunning moon shot... we live in a semi rural area with little light pollution and just lately moonrise has been spectacular. Wishing all good things for you and your loved ones.....Blwyddyn Newydd Dda (Happy New Year) for 2021, from Wales, UK. Val E.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy New Year Teresa. You bracelets are so gorgeous. As my beading days are over I am a bit jealous of your gorgeous work. I hope you had a wonderful week and as we ease into a new year with hope, I wish you the very best. Hugs and stay safe.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for sharing the story of how you got the abalone shell...so special that Dayle ventured into the sea to find it! I admire your beautiful beadwork and the wonderful moon photo as well. ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely jewellery Teresa. I don't often where bracelets coz I end up with rashes

    ReplyDelete
  13. I LOVE turquoise and have a small collection of old pawn bracelets. I think I need more :) I admire your talent I and still wear the earrings you sent me years ago. I get many compliments on them. Happy New Year and thanks for linking up!!

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love comments and thank you so much for taking time to leave me a note. :-)