Friday, December 4, 2020

Cards, Surprise Gift and Tree Update

I've been hand-addressing envelopes, drawing little holly berries and leaves in each corner, filling out the cards inside, using 2 colors of ink, and folding and adding newsletters to far flung family and friends.  I photoshopped my address out but it's in the stamp that was a gift to me from fellow blogger Gracie a few years ago. I'd admired hers so she surprised me with it.  :-)


I keep a list of the cards I send and then put a check by people who send us one.  Over time I cross off the people who don't reciprocate.  Do you do that?


I got a package today.  I told Dayle it was a surprise for him!  I told him I got these for us to have eggnog together over the holidays.  He said.. "How did you know that I always wanted one of those?"  :-D  


Now we need some eggnog!  And a splash of whiskey!  And fresh grated nutmeg!  Cheers!


What a cute Santa!


This is the tree we've been waiting for.  I just got an email from Home Depot saying it will be delayed another week.  GAHHHH!  I will never order another thing from their website.  I asked Dayle to just go ahead and put up our old tree.  ::pouty face::


This photo was just shared on Facebook.  I thought you'd enjoy seeing Vista House with the Columbia River Gorge with the city of Portland, Oregon in the western distance. Not my photo.  For new readers, I was one of the founders of The Friends of Vista House and was their Executive Director for 15 years.


Well.. back to filling out cards.  The end is in sight.  Then back to more decorating.  ((hugs)), Teresa :-)  

*********************************************
 *H*A*P*P*Y* * *H*O*L*I*D*A*Y*S*!*!*!*
*********************************************
 


13 comments:

  1. Sorry about your tree but your old one is lovely!
    I've been thinking a lot about eggnog lately and wonder if I can get some in an order. It won't be Christmas without it. I've even got my bottle of whiskey hidden away. The way The Mister's been going through it lately if I didn't hide a bottle I'd never have any when I wanted it-which is isn't very often but when you need some, you need some. Araignee

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool Pen Teresa! Sorry about your tree issues. Im nervous everything will be delayed so we are packing and sending tomorrow . As much as we can. I don't think I'm sending cards this year Teresa. Sorry. Zach has not been able to see us and it is one this Christmas. It would break my heart to do a card without their photos together with us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Teresa, I'm sorry about your tree. I think there are going to be a lot of delivery issues this year for lots of things. That's why I mailed packages a few days ago trying to beat the big rush.
    I have done that with cards for years, although there are people who have never ever sent us a card and I still mail one to them, especially relatives.
    Those jadeite Santa cups are so cute. It's a good thing Dayle wanted them isn't it? :-)
    Take care my dear friend. Our numbers are still going up, up, up over here and we know several people who have had it or are sick now. Scary days.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the egg nog glasses, they’re so sweet. What a shame about your tree but it sounds like it will arrive before Christmas. Fingers crossed. What an amazing photo of Vista house. Have a lovely weekend. B x

    ReplyDelete
  5. So sorry about the tree. Those Jadeite Santa cups are a delight, what an amazing collection you are building up. I have a Christmas book and keep a list of cards I send along with gift lists and menus. The to do list is also part of the book and is a great help. Have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your Dayle sounds like such a sweetie! Those cups are so cute. That view of your Vista House is awesome! The lights and sky really frame the building so magically!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh! The Vista House looks stunning! And I feel even more thankful for the visit we made to Portland, that we stopped at the Vista House, and hiked several falls in the Gorge... now, it almost feels like I have met you! And, I can thank you for your good work. We loved our visit there. I am sorry about your tree... this is no time for frustration and disappointment; we've all had our fill this year! Keep it up with all things merry and bright!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I know I don't comment very often Teresa, but I really enjoy reading your blog posts and see your photos. Sorry your new tree is still not there. You have a very amazing collection of Jadeite the pieces are so pretty. I hope you have a very pleasant coming week.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh shame about tree 🎄🎄 but will be great when you get it for next year. This is not a good year 🙃🙃 Fun here still with april and cooper xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  10. My Christmas card list of recipients has dwindled over the years. Some years I have sent cards just to those who last sent to me. I'm glad Dayle always wanted a cute Santa cup :-) but I am sorry for the disappointing slowness of your tree's arrival. Thanks for a beautiful new Vista House view! Have a Happy Weekend! xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. I hope your new tree arrives in time for Christmas x

    ReplyDelete
  12. No cards for me this year, my first time ever! I am just not feeling it as there is just too much on my mind these days. I hope I will be forgiven by family and friends. take care my dear friend. Stay safe.

    ReplyDelete
  13. So sorry about the tree. Another beautiful view of the Vista House and lights in the distance. I wasn't really aware of any habitation near when we visited, Stay safe. CN x

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love comments and thank you so much for taking time to leave me a note. :-)