Wednesday, December 2, 2020

Writing Christmas Cards

I got my cards from the printer on Monday and have been addressing envelopes and filling out the inside of the cards since then.  I used a photo from last Christmas on the cover and hand-write the inside.  


But first.. I need to clean the old ink out of my fountain pens and refill them with fresh ink.  The water is for squeezing the old ink into and then I turn the converter to fill it with clean water and repeat many times until the water runs clear.  Then you take a paper towel and put the nib on it to draw out all the water.  Then shake the ink well and fill the ink into the converter.  Clean excess ink off and you're ready to go.


I use J. Herbin inks.  The 1670 Collection celebrates the rich life and adventures of Herbin, an enterprising French sailor of the mid-17th century. While he was in the employ of the Compagnie des Indes Orientales, he made a number of voyages to India, collecting ingredients and formulas for his sealing wax and inks.


I am writing my first card to YOU, my dear blog friends.  :-)  Your friendship and lovely comments on my posts have been extra special to me during this time of social isolation. 
*T*H*A*N*K* * *Y*O*U*!*!*!* 


I had this idea - if you would like to play along - click on the card cover, print it up and then the card inside and tape them together and place them where you display your cards.  Then take a photo and share it on your blog if you're a blogger, and I will share a link to all blogs who participate.  What do you think?  And if you're not a blogger please print this up as my card to you.  Just click on the card image below, print it and fold it in half.  It would bring me such joy to know my card is with my readers around the world.  :-)  

Print this part for the inside :-)


Remember the neat little jadeite candleholders I got recently?  I found the bowl that goes with them and it arrived on Monday.  I'm thrilled with them.


They are made by Fenton Glass Co. I put some of my hand-crocheted ornaments in it to take a photo.  The little stocking is Dayle's.


My snowman wanted in the act.  LOL!


I am having fun with red and green.  


And the lid for my "grease jar" arrived and now my tulip topped set is complete!  The late afternoon sun illuminated these and I love how they glow.


Mocha wanted to say "woof".  She is very vocal and makes the cutest little "meow" sound.  We get a kick out of that.  The toy is a gift from Kristi.. after she fell in love with it when we took her to their house for Thanksgiving.  :-)


Did you guess that my new Christmas tree did not get delivered on Monday?  I called and lambasted a poor lady from Home Depot and apparently that very day it was shipped.  2 weeks after I ordered it.  2 weeks after the money was taken from our account for it.  At one point she told me they were out of stock.  I raised my voice to inquire why wasn't I notified?  I told her I do not blame HER but I want to speak with her supervisor.  I think they were too frightened as I never got past her.  I will let you know what happens.  ((hugs)), Teresa :-)  

*********************************************
 *H*A*P*P*Y* * *H*O*L*I*D*A*Y*S*!*!*!*
*********************************************
 


17 comments:

  1. Hope your tree arrives very soon. Love your Christmas card idea such a happy idea. Mocha looks so sweet:) B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Even without the tree things are looking lovely in your home! I enjoyed learning more about your Christmas card sending process and it would be great fun to participate in printing your card and sharing it. I started out today trying to figure out why my printer has a question mark on the screen and will not air print from any of my devices although the printer prints.... Now at the end of a busy day I still have not figured out but have not given up! Thanks for another beautiful post dear Teresa. Please give sweet Mocha some love pats from me. 🤗❤️🎄

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sending xmas tree wishes your way Teresa. Mocha so cute and woof back xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. We have no wireless here so I can't print anything. I never realized how much I printed until I didn't have the capability. But...I spy an envelope with our name on it! May I print that one when it arrives? How fun to see the card on everyones blogs.
    I just love that cute snowman that hopped into the new bowl. And I adore the grease jar set. I just use a coffee cup! There is nothing like bacon grease to fry an egg or pancake in. (Shhh! Don't tell Weight Watchers) :-)
    You go to so much effort to write in your cards so beautifully. My Mom only used fountain pens and she had the most beautiful handwriting I've ever seen. It's becoming a lost art.
    Mocha is such a sweetie. She looks like she's telling all of us hello. Tell Dayle hello from us. I so look forward to visiting with you two again. I'm going to be first in line when we can get a vaccine so I can see people again!
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a great idea, I will print off a copy of your beautiful card and display it with pride. Gerard always uses a fountain pen and is a fan of vintage pens, he has a small collection.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You made card sending an art form!!! I love those pens and inks.
    It sounds like you had the same issue with your tree as I had with my dryer. It took me 3 weeks and 2 tries to get one here. And people wonder why the kitchen remodel is on hold. Until I can get into the stores it's not happening. Delivery has been sketchy at best.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope your tree arrives soon. Things like that are so frustrating! I love seeing Mocha. She looks like the sweetest, little thing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. My very clever and festive friend: Better New Year! yes!
    I have a photo of Jadeite someone is selling. Email me if you want the photo!!!
    Happy December 3rd. Less than 50 days now until Joe Biden takes OVER

    ReplyDelete
  9. Mocha is so cute!! Hope your tree arrives soon. I don't have a color printer at home, so not printing your card for me. But it is so pretty. You are so creative Teresa!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you for the lovely card! Merry Christmas to you and Dayle!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Theresa, just catching up on blogs and yours got my attention as you have so much festive cheer going on. Your hand crochet is colourful. I like your Christmas card idea, I don't have a printer but wish you lots of fun with the idea :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a pretty card and how clever to figure out how to give one to all of us! Thanks for sharing! Merry Christmas to you too!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your house is fabulous. Your Anchor Hocking grease jar got my attention when I saw the tulip lids. Since I have been using my salt and pepper shakers with tulip lids since 1959, you gave me a nudge to do some traveling down memory. Thanks. Your jadeite collection is growing beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lots of Christmassy eye candy here...absolutely wonderful!! Please give Mocha a hug from me! She looks so cute in this photo as if she is saying "come and play" ! Brilliant card idea! My first Christmas card this year!! Thank you to you both from Sr P and me xx. I have your card printed out backed with some card so it will stand up and I added a little extra bling. I just have to take a photo now and add to my latest post which I will upload this morning.The way you have prepared the actual card writing makes it all so extra special!! keep well Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such a pretty card and a great idea to have your blog friends print it. Now if only my printer was in working order. :/ I can't even connect to the internet on our home computer anymore and that's where I used to do all my blogging before I started using laptops. I have the yellow Christmas light you sent me hanging out on my bookshelf year round. :) Kisses for Mocha. She sure is cute.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I just love your Christmas table and your crochet ornaments Teresa. The snowman so so cute and what a great idea with the card to print, also your message....a better new year....we all wish for that.
    Jacquie xx

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love comments and thank you so much for taking time to leave me a note. :-)