Friday, January 29, 2021

September Morn

I'd like to introduce you to a new member of the family.  She is called a Fenton September Morn Nymph.  What shall we name her?  I had been searching for a jadeite green one to go in my lotus bowl, I had recently acquired the jadeite green "frog" which hold flowers, the frogs have a bigger hole in the center for a candle.  Fenton made her in the 1920s in many different colors - she has a base that fits in the candle part of the frog.  At any rate, I could not find a green one.. but I did find an opalescent pink one and I thought she would look pretty with the green bowl.  


This is the painting that inspired Fenton to make their nymph.  It's called "September Morn" by French painter Paul Chabas in 1912.  Read the fascinating story about it HERE.


A close photo of my 100 year old girl.


Side view.


Back.  What would you name her?  


This is the green one which I may never find.


Dayle installed the glass doors, he found some old windows in our barn we saved when we had new windows put in our 114 year old farmhouse.  He took them to the glass shop and they took it out of the old windows, cut it to fit and put it in the doors.  They are properly old and wavy and I love them!  Here is Dayle nailing some small brads to hold the wood panels in which were coming out.  Mocha is offering her support, actually she's extremely nosy.


He had to glue a part that was split and will screw in the bottom door in a bit.  She's not ready for a full photo shoot.. lol.


A guy in Jadeite Junkies was selling several things so I adopted a few of them.  I know.. I know.. don't say it.  I needed a cookie jar, darn it.  Right?


I finally got my last custard cup to fill my rack.


This is Fenton and is called a "Macaroon" cookie jar.


My first canister - some collectors have a whole set of these.  


And the small mixing bowl that came with old 1930's Sunbeam Mixmaster mixers.  My mom had one!  We will get lots of good use out of this bowl.


I will have more progress on my Meadow blanket to show you on my Monday blog post.   I hope you have a great weekend!  
((hugs)), Teresa :-)  


20 comments:

  1. You have some lovely things and it's so nice to see the cabinet being restored. I'm sure my mother had a similar mixing bowl in white, you have reminded me about it. I hope you have a lovely weekend. CJ xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. How about Eudora the name of a sea mymph from Greek mythology? :-) The original painting is lovely ..beautiful subtle colours and how he captured the fragility and shyness of the nymph (his model). Your nymph is beautiful! Quite an unusual pink lustre to her. I have been following the restoration of your your cabinet over several posts. Amazing the difference the glass makes. I shall look forward to your full photo shoot. All these green beauties such a fabulous collection. keep well Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the glass in your cabinet! It looks great. And all of your jadeite is really something. The new old bowl really speaks to me as I have an obsession with bowls. The sea nymph is really beautiful and lustrous. Take care and stay well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So fun to see the glass in the cabinet. At our old house, the detached garage had wonderful wavy old glass . Okay , I'd name her Paulette or Paulina , is that too obvious.
    I LOVE YOUR COLLECTIONS and Im glad mocha is nosey because I love all posts that feature her....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your rainbow looking nymph is very pretty in the Jadeite bowl. I like the cupboard you have as well.I have got a few things done while at home now. Always something to do. Have a good weekend and warm and cozy!! Becky x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your sea nymph is a graceful sprite, you could call her Lily, which suits where she is standing. Some lilies are water lilies. Your jadeite pieces seem to glow.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Okay my dear friend, I do believe you are obsessed with a certain green material! lol. Seriously, your new pieces are lovely. I'm willing to guess that you will have al of the canisters before long and I'm glad you filled the custard cup racks.
    Your new/old cabinet has cleaned up beautifully. Mocha supervises Dayle very well and it's a good thing. Who knows what he would miss without her there! I can't wait to be able to have my hoosier cabinet out again. Mandy says it will fit very well in the kitchen on the one empty wall. It will be like having an old friend around again.
    Your nymph is lovely. I had never heard of the painting before, but I'm not into art very much. I wonder where the original is? I remember when I saw the Mona Lisa, I was surprised at how small it is. I expected a much bigger painting. I wonder if this one is the same?
    I hope you and Dayle have a great weekend. If it's not too cold we're going to work in the storage unit a little bit. We've ordered a "POD" for our move in September. It's exciting.
    Blessings and love,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mocha looks curious about the cabinet restoration process, and I am enjoying learning more about it as well as your family prepares the cabinet to hold some of your jadeite collection. I hope you all have a happy weekend, also ❤️❤️

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! You are finding lots of wonderful additions to your collection. Always interesting to learn the history of items and objects. Mocha surely is a cutie. The cupboard is gonna look great! Happy Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Jade ... as a stone is very noble.
    Nice color.
    The nymph is breathtaking.
    Greetings to you. Have a wonderful weekend ... I think I'll bake a cake :-))
    Hug Viola

    ReplyDelete
  11. Impressive cabinet, it looks amazing. As does your additions to your jadeite collection, such a wonderful find. Love the rainbow nymph, she looks good in the jadeite bowl. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your cookie jar rang a bell in my brain when I saw it. My grandmother had one similar and I never knew what it was. I do now. I have no idea what happened to it. Your collection is amazing as is the cabinet restoration. I can hardly believe it's the same piece. Araignee

    ReplyDelete
  13. Dear Teresa, it looks like your beautifull restored cabinet finished just in time for your lovely, growing jadeite collection! :-) It all fitts so wonderfully well in your farm house! The shops are still closed down here, but you can buy tullips and daffodils in the supermarket, so my house is full of that! At the moment I do help out schoolchildren with there homework, celebrate retirement a bit and sort out the house of being a kindergartnerin for 44 years. I will be in class in februari. In my free time I dress up tiny vintage dolls with ribbon, lace and crocheting. And I sew a lot of cotton face masks! No need to get bored! The peace in the Netherlands returned, so we are gratefull for that! Lots of love! Janneke.

    ReplyDelete
  14. That cabinet will make a lovely home for all of your Jadeite purchases! You have an amazing collection and if you keep going you may have to add on to your home to make room! (Just teasing!)
    What an interesting story about the September morn painting!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I think you should call her Ruby, she is brilliant and colorful and oh so gorgeous! Stay safe Teresa.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your Jadeite collection is growing by leaps and bounds! Seraphina came to mind as a name for your nymph. I don't know where it came from and I didn't know what it meant so I looked it up. It means "ardent, fiery". So, then I didn't know what ardent meant so I had to look that up! It means "burning, glowing". And I said to myself, "That fits." :-) Hope you are having a good weekend...

    ReplyDelete
  17. Teresa your collections are fabulous 😀😀 As for Fenton thats me so Wendy lol or Alice as I like that name 😁😁

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love all your collection ! So very homely . A name for the nymph ..she looks cold....Chilly Milly ? lol ! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  19. The cabinet is coming along nicely. I think Amelia. Keep warm. CN x

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love comments and thank you so much for taking time to leave me a note. :-)