Monday, February 1, 2021

Blanket Progress and Daffodils

Hello friends, did you have a good weekend?  We didn't do anything exciting, except one outing for a drive-thru dinner for our grandson Caleb and picked up a few things from the store.  It was cold and rainy so we enjoyed some movies and I crocheted by the fire.  Good winter endeavors.  Four more colors, 8 rows.  


It's getting big enough to warm my lap and that is nice.


Yesterday something scared Mocha and she jumped up in the middle of things and climbed right up on my chest.  Darling girl.


We found some old windows with old wavy glass in our barn from old windows we had in the house and had replaced with new ones - so Dayle took them to the glass shop and they cut it and installed it in the old blue cabinet.  You can't see the waves in these photos but trust me, it's wavy.


Meet our new rooster, I got him to live with my hen on a nest my friend Bev found at a yard sale last summer.  I think I will name him after my dad Wally who was born and raised on the farm where the cabinet came from.  


A valentine for you.  :-)


Look at our daffodils!  I hope we don't have a freeze or snow come in.


I can't wait to pick a bouquet of yellow jonquils.


And look.. we have Snowdrops in bloom!!


And the Irises and Star of Bethlehem are up.  


Dayle made a baked ham, fried potato and corn dinner.  Nummmm.


And Caleb requested Mexican food so Dayle and I worked together to make burritos.  So easy, just saute hamburger, when cooked add salsa, heat up re-fried beans and grate cheese, we got these neat tortillas that are half flour and half corn.  Put a layer of hot beans, sprinkle grated cheese, we used Tillamook Cheddar, spoon over the meat and sauce, roll up and put on some sour cream and sliced olives.  Our topping that we used is Uncle Dan's Ranch dressing seasoning mixed with sour cream and mayo.  It's garlicky and herb-y and totally makes this meal.


My daughter Amy took Paige (L) and Jenna to the hairdresser.  Don't they look cute?  They are having quite the snowstorm there in Ohio.  They are back to in-school learning.  I sure do with they lived close enough to spend time with us.  We haven't seen them for a year and a half.  Wah.


Dayle and I watched this movie on Saturday.  It was extremely well-done.  I highly recommend it.  They were making plans to put her image on our $20 bill but Trump refused to allow it.  Our new president, Joe Biden, has gotten the project back on line.  She deserves it.  What a life she lived.  I hope you are able to watch it.


I named my September Morn Nymph - Lily - as she's in a lotus bowl which is a water lily.  Thanks Terra for the name!

So.. how was your weekend?  Do you have any fun plans for the week?  I plan to crochet and do some tidying and get the blue cabinet moved into it's "place".  More on that later.
((hugs)), Teresa :-)  


14 comments:

  1. Your grand girls look so cute. I know you miss them. Mocha looks like the sweetest little thing. Nothing like a small dog to cuddle with. We have had some snow and cold temps today. We are back to in person learning, but had a virtual day due to the weather. Stay well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are having the snow that your granddaughters are having. They look great...and I need to get to a salon for a major haircut! Your blanket is really coming along nicely Teresa. Thanks for the reminder of Harriet - I've been meaning to watch it...will make a note.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful progress on your blanket! Thanks to your good stitching and the colors and I feel warmed looking at it. Lovely to see your happy Grand girls. It's wonderful you were able to rescue the cabinet and help it become a good home for your new rooster and other pretty dishes. When I was out walking in our neighborhood yesterday I noticed some Daffodils sprouting up around here, too, but no Snow Drops. ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  4. Its been cold and rainy here too Teresa - crazy summer weather !!! Doesn't time fly - Paige and Jenna look so grown up and I love the colour of their hair. Our schools went back today after the Christmas/New Year holidays. The place is so quiet without Oliver at home. He starts Year 1 in primary school today and was so nervous about going but was ok when he saw all his friends there. Your blanket is looking lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love seeing the progress on your colorful blanket. I hope to watch Harriet soon. I'm sure it was good! Your food looks yummy and I'm sure it made your grand happy. The grandgirlies are darling. I know you miss them. Hopefully we'll all get vaccinated and our lives will return to some normalcy. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those girls are beautiful Teresa but you know this 😀 Yum food and amazing cabinet. Went for a swim in the pool hpere on holiday just us 2.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So much to love in this post Teresa. Your new rooster looks right at home in your beautiful cabinet next to the hen. I was looking at jadeite last night on our fb marketplace and was surprised how much there was. It's all so pretty.
    Your blanket is coming right along and Mocha looks perfect laying in the middle of it all. She's so sweet and cuddly isn't she?
    I can't believe how grown up Paige and Jenna are. I do believe I see a definite resemblence to you.
    Can you believe it was 52 degrees here today? God definitely gave me a beautiful day for my b-day. I don't think it's been that warm here in several months.
    Remember on my blog I said I ordered a small cake for us? Well, they substituted a full size cake for the same price! Then twice while I was out walking Chloe friends dropped off chocolate cakes and cards on our trailer steps. So now I had three, count 'em, THREE full size chocolate cakes when all I wanted was a piece. I gave one to the family in the space next door. The kids were thrilled! Another I took to the maintenance guy and his family. That still leaves one for Dennis and I but I guess I'll sacrifice and we'll eat it! :-). Please tell Dayle hi for us.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great progress on the blanket, loving the colours merging into each other it is beautiful. The ham meal looked so tasty yummy. The cabinet is looking wonderful and I love the new addition. You are blessed with beautiful grandaughters, hopefully you will get to see them soon. Thank the Lord for technology so that we get to visit albeit virtually. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello Teresa,

    Wonderful to see glimpses into your life and to know that all is well in your corner of the world.

    Making the best of things seems the best thing to do in these strange and difficult times and there is, as you show, so much delight to be found in projects close to home.

    The rainbow blanket looks wonderful in its many colours and all so neatly crocheted. And, we are fascinated by the rooster which appears to be milk glass. Such items can be quite collectable these days and yours looks a wonderful example.

    We have been away for too long but it has been fun connecting with you again. Take care and stay safe.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really like Harriet too and I am so glad she's finally going to get on that bill. Your blanket is looking great. I do love Lucy's projects and her color choices. I can't believe how that cabinet is turning out. What a treasure! My daffodil sprouts are now under snow so I am very worried as we had a hard freeze right before. It might be a bloomless spring here. I have no idea why they would have popped up so early. Poor confused things.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well done on reusing your wavy glass. Your cupboard is lovely. I’m missing not having a blanket to crochet to keep you warm. Yours is looking perfect. B x

    ReplyDelete
  12. dear teresa ,dayle and mocha
    well done on the blanket, the cabinet, the lap jumping (and being cute), and the delicious burritos!
    i have many daffodils budding as well and it's strange to see them! my maple leaf is showing signs of new life as well. the sun is setting later and later and spring is in the air!
    love from pdx,
    melissa

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh Mocha knows her momma will keep her safe. How cute is your story!!!???

    I want that ham. Oh my goodness Dayle is great!

    As is your crocheting. What a lovely colorful joy it is to behold. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  14. Pretty girls with beautiful smiles! I also agree with Betsy's comment I definitely see a resemblance to you! I have seen the film Harriet too and I thought it was a really good production very interesting story...brave,strong woman! Gorgeous snapshot of Mocha! Your blanket is looking wonderful! keep well Amanda x

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love comments and thank you so much for taking time to leave me a note. :-)