Friday, September 29, 2017

Card Shark and Deck Stained

Do you make your own greeting cards?  So many people do when they can.. stamping.. stickers.. me, I do Sumi ink painting that I learned in a college class taught by a master, Wing K. Leong.  I bought his book, you can still find it on Amazon.  Step-by-step Sumi Ink Painting.


Here is the bamboo one I made for my brother.. you load your brush full of golden yellow watercolor paint and then put the tip of it in green paint to give the shading.. you use the brush on it's side to do the sections of the bamboo.  I created my own stylized signature of my initials.  :-)


Then I made an iris in blue, I dipped the point of the brush in purple to shade the lower petals.


An iris with fuchsia color.



When I got out my travel easel paint box I found this painting I did last year when Gracie and I went on a day trip to Cannon Beach and each did a painting of Haystack Rock.


The deck needed to be sanded before they applied the linseed oil stain.. what a process!  I like the color we used.


Our son Shawn ran the sander and Travis applied the stain/sealer.  What good sons!


And.. just in time!  It began to rain this morning.  See the skeleton hanging behind the pillar?  Dayle brought that home from Home Depot yesterday for me.  LOL!  It's eyes light up and blink red.



I'm off soon for lunch at a place I've wanted to go to for a long time.. I'll take photos.  We're celebrating my elder siblings birthday as well as Shirley's!  Have a wonderful day!  ((hugs)), Teresa :-) 

21 comments:

  1. Oh yours cards are so beautiful. You are very talented :) B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful job on the cards and your deck has turned out wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your cards are beautiful Teresa, I love to make my own cards but yours are in a league of their own!
    Your deck looks fab!
    Have a lovely weekend,
    Jillxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your cards are gorgeous and I like the color of the deck, too! I hope you had a great lunch. I went to a meeting yesterday morning and then spent the afternoon servicing the car: smog test, new stickers, oil change, filled gas tank, then had tires checked at the tire store and found I had FOUR nails in a small space on the right rear tire. I think I got them in NE which means it is a miracle Carolyn and I made it home without trouble! I thought the right rear tire looked a little softer on the way home, but did not have it checked until now. Happy Weekend! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. You make beautiful cards Teresa ♥ alas I am no good at artwork lol Oh my I want that skeleton ☺☺ And you have wonderful sons ♥ Enjoy your outing and weekend xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the cards you made Teresa. I have tried my hand at it but just have no imagination or talent for it. The deck stain is perfect and it was so good of the boys to do so a hard job for you. Hope your lunch was a good one. I had dinner at Applebee's with my sister tonight. Just the two of us. We haven't done that it years and I enjoyed it so much. I'm having a great time with my girls. Piper is so tall now and she turned 5 today. Enjoy the weekend.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Like the decks new coat of color.
    Loving the rain we're having. It is so needed, hope the hills hold up to the rain. Saw Multnomah Falls Lodge on the evening news. They showed how lose the fire came to the lodge by flying a drone over the area. So glad they saved that old treasure.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your paintings are amazing; I love your stylized initials. The new deck came out beautiful. It's such a large area that will be great for entertaining. You've done do much work on your lovely home. It's really a beautiful sanctuary. Hugs, Pat

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those cards are amazing, works of art. Gifts in themselves not just a card. The boys really have done a great job on the deck. Have a wonderful meal out.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are very talented, I do love your cards and also the beach painting. Me, I can't draw or paint and generally am no good with paper craft and I have to buy all my cards. I do buy them from local artists and friends mostly. The stained deck looks really good, I like the golden shine to it. x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your cards are beautiful and the deck looks fantastic!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful painting- you are very talented. I like your deck stain- and how lucky to have help from your sons! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love your cards and want to give it a try myself. Your deck is lovely too!

    ReplyDelete
  14. You are very talented. I think my favourite is the bamboo card, though I like all of them.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love your notecards. I love a real notecard hand made. You have remembered a great technique Teresa. Boo on you! Love all things Halloween

    ReplyDelete
  16. They are such beautiful cards Teresa.As you well know I make cards galore and sell them in Dotty's tea rooms!The decking is looking fab.Enjoy your weekend xxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your sumi ink painting is beautiful and your deck's pretty looks fab!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I found some cards for kristi yesterday - popping them into the mail tomorrow. When you get them - see if you can do something similar with your haystack rock watercolor.

    ReplyDelete
  19. your watercolors are stunning! I really love the bamboo one, and how you did your signature. Just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Your cards are lovely Teresa! I especially like the bamboo one! The decking is looking good and I see you are getting ready for Halloween with your new scary acquisition! Have a happy October xox

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi Teresa, I am just catching up with you and your lovely family. So many beautiful photographs. The leopard is stunning. Raspberry jam so yummy. Love the photos from Hawaii. Kristi looked so happy. Gorgeous Autumn hues here as well. Life has been very hectic and emotionally draining but I am managing a little rest now. However the calm before the storm I fear. Hugs Anne x

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love comments and thank you so much for taking time to leave me a note. :-)