Friday, June 15, 2018

Attic Update

Before I show you the attic improvement.. I had to show you the wild cherries on our big tree.  Does anyone recognize what variety these are?  Or are they just plain wild cherries?


OK.. now the attic tour.  Remember the raw wood across the door?  Voila!  I mentioned to Richard the builder that I'd love to see some bead board across it and look!  So much nicer!  I wonder if it would be too much to ask him to repaint the back of that door and the door jamb?  I'm not above doing so.  :-)


See the wood doors?  He built them from boards!  And see the enclosure he made for the stove pipe?  Don't worry, it's a super safe insulated pipe.


And all the places where the walls come together are trimmed out and painted!


The window is trimmed out and painted, too.


Standing near the window looking back.


The window looks so nice now.  I'm so pleased with how it's coming along.


Today they are installing the faux oak laminate flooring.  I can't wait to see how that looks!


I'm thinking of all the things we can use the storage areas for!


I need to ask him if he's going to trim out the stove pipe surround.  


Now I'm thinking of what to hang ON the surround.. like some pictures.  LOL!


A last snapshot of the room from the door.  I can't wait to see it after the floor work today.


Kristi is cleaning the chicken coop today, what a good girl.  I'm off to the pool in a few hours.  Then a nice weekend and celebrating Father's Day on Sunday.  I have a surprise for Dayle.  :-)  Do you have any fun weekend plans?  ((hugs)), Teresa :-) 

15 comments:

  1. Your attic is already awesome and not even finished!! Happy Father's Day to Dayle... curious why your surprise is. Glad you saw the turtle on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the attic! so many possibilities. Men that are handy with tools are so valuable! have a great weekend with Dayle:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That attic is an awesome space! I would claim it as my own! Put a desk/computer up there with some chairs.....

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the use of the bead board in your attic renovation, Teresa. Your contractor is doing a great job. Thanks for sharing the progress. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. How I wish I had an attic - especially one like yours. The refurb is amazing. Funny how Fathers Day is different all over the world - last weekend it was in Europe, this weekend in the US and ours here in Australia isn't until September. I think Mothers Day is the same everywhere ?? Hope Dayle has a great day. Wonder what you have in store for him?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh boy! I’m loving that attic space. I could fill it up quickly. It would make such a nice retreat from the hustle and bustle of a big family! I adore bead board.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  7. The cherries look like Rainier Cherries and the attic looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Queen Anne cherries is my guess. The beautiful attic transformation is fun to watch. Bravo for Kristi's industry. Hope you had a good swim and that you and yours have a Happy Father's Day celebration...especially Dayle, Shaun, and Travis!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW,wish I had that space,our house is sooo small and hardly any storage for all my Craft Stuff.Cherries are so beautiful but don't know what they are,be lovely to paint them or do an embroidery.Hope you enjoyed your swim,used to Love swimming.I now have the scarf and wrist warmers on my blog.happy weekend.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. It looks incredible! I think the boys should pop their beds in there and have it as a super cool bedroom.

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's coming along beautifully Teresa, I shall look forward to seeing the flooring, that will transform it I think. Hope you had a good swim. No fun plans for tomorrow really, but I did go to hear a local writer talk this afternoon which was a bit of a luxury and very inspirational. Tomorrow it's back to chores , walking the dog and running the children about the place. All good though. CJ xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. I just came across your blog and have been going through several posts. Your photos are absolutely gorgeous!!! I am still trying to figure out how to get my pictures to look half that good!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy fathers day to Dayle. That attic is just wonderful and hmmm wonder what you will store in those cupboards. Here just had April and Cooper and now tired lol

    ReplyDelete
  14. Have a fab time celebrating father's day today. My hubs is golfing so I get to sew all day. Your attic is looking amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  15. It's looking great Teresa, I have just got home from my holiday on Majorca..fun times! Hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love comments and thank you so much for taking time to leave me a note. :-)