Friday, June 1, 2018

Piano Recital and New Deck Chair

Hello!  Thanks for dropping by for a visit!  Last night was the piano recital for our grandson Caleb.  It was conveniently held at the church a half a mile from our house.  Caleb performed his 2 songs flawlessly!  I was so proud of him.  Kristi bought him a new outfit to wear, slacks, shirt and tie, and he looked so handsome!  


They performed in the order of their age, it was so cute to see little girls in their pretty dresses and their feet didn't even touch the floor.  I was so impressed with how they all did.  One boy even performed a song he'd written and it was amazing! 



23 kids performed and 2 adults played duets with their child or grandchild and also some siblings also played duets.


My sweet grandson.  



At the end all of the participants received a certificate and made a group bow.  A nice evening for all.


After swimming on Wednesday I went in search of a new rattan chair for me to use on the deck.  I found this at Pier 1 Imports.  It's so comfortable!  There was 4 colors to choose from, Seafoam blue, Parchment off-white, Chestnut brown and Denim Blue (dark blue).  I fell in love with the aqua blue.  Then to pick out cushions.. there were so many choices!  But I went with the most colorful as you know.. I'm all about color now!  Plus, it's so green out there I might as well bring in some color.  


I'm all set for a summer of deck relaxing!  :-)



Care to join me for a glass of iced tea?  :-)



I had to show you a photo I found on Facebook - this photographer does some amazing images.


It's a swim day so that's on the docket pretty soon. No big weekend plans, other than to break in that chair properly.  I hope you have a weekend doing whatever is your heart's desire.  ((hugs)), Teresa :-) 

16 comments:

  1. I love your chair... it looks so comfortable. I'm sure it will bring you hours of enjoyment this summer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your chair, it looks so comfortable. I'm sure it will bring you hours of enjoyment this summer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Caleb is so handsome sitting there at the piano. He's a very talented young man. I love your new chair; I would have picked the exact colors! Have a wonderful weekend, Pat

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my loved seeing Caleb playing the piano, go Caleb gorgeous boy. That chair I want lol......need it in our lounge as would be so comfy. We have a big leather lounge which does not help my tail bone issue. That is a beautiful photo at the end of your post ♥♥ May you enjoy your weekend too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations to Caleb on his recital! He's learning a skill that he will take into adulthood. I love your new chair and its cushion. I'm sure you will be enjoying it on your lovely deck and viewing your pretty gardens. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay Caleb! I think it’s wonderful he had a recital. I remember going to them for Mandy years ago. I loved hearing everyone play. And...your new deck chair and cushions are beautiful. So cheerful and summery. Enjoy the weekend sitting in it and sipping ice tea while crocheting! :-)
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  7. You must be so proud of your grandson. He is incredibly brave to perform in front of an audience. Love your new chair. It looks really comfortable. Have a great weekend. B x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations Caleb - you look amazing - wish Grandma would video you playing a piece or two to share with us. Love your new chair Teresa. Enjoy your weekend - I won't be venturing outside as its not only cold here but windy and wet.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So glad you enjoyed handsome Caleb’s recital and I can imagine I would have, too! Yay for your swimming and your pretty and comfy looking chair. Today should be a gorgeous day to enjoy being outside on your deck. While weeding this week I was excited to see a blue heron swoop down into the pond and I had fun trying to get a photo of one of the little bees that are enjoying our flowers. Friday we worked on taking the flooring out of one of the bedrooms and some of the new flooring is installed...steady progress! Happy Weekend! xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh well done to Caleb, how proud you must be Teresa, he looks so grown up. I really love your chair, great choice. Enjoy your weekend, hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love piano recitals. Caleb looks so grown-up in his performance clothes.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello Teresa - I noticed your comment on Sue's blog 'cottage at the end of the lane' and that you were having problems with your blog. I have been having many problems since blogger upgraded itself and finding it difficult to write posts and also comments not arriving in my email but only on the blog. I notice that you have 4 different posts showing on your home 'main' page and I had the same. Previously it used to show just the latest but I had not noticed that it had changed. I have been reading about slow blogs and if you show more than one post it apparently does slow it down, and especially if you show lots of photos, which you and I both do.
    If you go to desktop - settings - Posts, comments etc it shows under Post the amount of posts on the main page. If yours says 4 it is best to change it to 1 as it makes a big difference. Hope this helps. It has caused me to spend lots of money with a computer man as I thought it was my computer.

    ReplyDelete
  13. How wonderful to have musical grandchildren. Mine used to play the cello but didn't enjoy it much. I hope you had a wonderful Sunday enjoying your comfortable deckchair. x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congratulations to Caleb! I remember my piano recitals...always so nervous.

    Love your new chair! Hoping you have put it to good use this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I LOVE Your new chair and cushions. Excellent beautiful choices. I think Caleb looks serious and like a great piano player. How wonderful to have a setting like that ...so professional. Love the windows

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your post brought happy memories of going to listen to our eldest play the piano and later trombone in local youth orchestra.
    Love the chair!!!! Hugs Anne x

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love comments and thank you so much for taking time to leave me a note. :-)