Wednesday, July 25, 2018

Flower Garden and English Tea

Hi there, welcome to my garden walk.  :-)  I will show you what is blooming here on Kasner acres.. first off is the most amazing flower, the Stargazer Lily.  They are special to me and were in my wedding bouquet.. and they smell amazing!  Not only that but our beloved sailboat was named Stargazer.. by me.. as there was a star embossed on the top of the rudder.  


The geraniums that Dayle has wintered over for at least 10 years.  It's pretty neat that he does this.


Most of them are my favorite color, magenta, but there are a few other varieties, such as this two tone pink one.



And two of the pots are this lovely salmon orange.


Our little pots of Lantana went barren of flowers for a bit but now are coming back.


And our wintered over Bonfire Begonia has performed amazingly this year, growing the biggest ever.. we've had it for 5 years.  


Dayle is working hard to keep the two flower baskets watered enough during this heat wave.  The Jasmine is flowering nicely and scenting the air on the deck.


Our pink Hydrangea, we need to get this in the ground.  But where to put it to best advantage.. I must decide soon.



The red banana plant I got for Dayle is growing nicely, but they do not survive our winters, sadly.



The other basket and jasmine by the pond.



I have decided that the hydrangea is a very valuable shrub, the flowers come on in early summer and last all the way to winter.  I need more!  :-)



The pink Mandevilla is thriving and I just love it.



It's a vine, actually.. but our season is not long enough for it to vine much.  :-)



The Stargazer lilies fell over so Dayle had to stake them.. lol.


The "New Vintage Violet color Yarrow - Achillea millefolium.



The Crocosmia, Lucifer.   


These thrive at our beaches here in Oregon.


I'm so happy to finally have a patch of these doing well by our garden shed.  :-)


Kristi's friend Jody gave her this tin of tea.  I'm looking forward to trying some of them.  :-)


Which tea bag would you suggest I try first?  Which would be your favorite?


It's a swim day today.  Friday is going to be exciting.  Sue Perez from the blog Mr. Micawber's Recipe for Happiness - will be in Portland for the Crochet Guild of America conference and Gracie, her sister and I are going to meet her there.  I will take photos!!  ((hugs)), Teresa :-) 

17 comments:

  1. Your garden and flowers are just beautiful. Wish I was coming with you, will look forward to the pics.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I would try either Superberries or Lemongrass, Ginger and Citris. Let us know your reviews?

    ReplyDelete
  3. First of all how fun to be meeting Sue! I have read her blog for a long time. Your garden is absolutely gorgeous with the flowers blooming so profusely. What a wonderful thing to be able to look out your windows and see such beauty every day. And finally the tea. Of course I would choose the chocolate tea. Have a lovely afternoon and I hope you had fun swimming.
    Blessings, Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Earl Grey would be my first choice. May I say that I'm a little green with envy that you are getting to meet Sue. Tell her Quaker City Knits says a big hello!!!

    Your purple hydrangea is AMAZING. We settle on our new house next Tuesday. Hydrangeas will be the first to be planted. (The gardens are pretty established --- might already HAVE some.)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely photos Teresa, your garden is looking stunning. I can imagine the smell of that jasmine in the evening. Have a wonderful holiday. B x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Everything is looking so wonderful in your garden Teresa. I have been trying to keep all my pots watered but the rest of the garden is looking very scorched and sad. There may be some rain and cooler conditions at the weekend, I do hope so. Oh and for me it would be English Breakfast Tea - I am not keen on other sorts of tea. Have a super holiday. Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your flowers are so lovely from my computer perch here. WOW. Sue was my swap buddy. im jealous you get to meet her first! hoooray. You two will have a wonderful time

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your garden is just stunning! So many flowers and so much color. I love it all!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Maybe you should try the super berries tea in honor of the berry season...I would try it, I think :-)
    Looking forward to Friday! xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Teresa, you have a gardener's paradise. So many different varieties and all blooming so profusely. Your hydrangeas are beautiful--Yes, plant more, they like your place!
    I'll have Earl Grey. I drink a pot everyday! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  11. You and I think alike! I was just thinking this week that I need more hydrangeas. Maybe some of those big mop-heads. I have an ice-cream sundae type that is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your flowers are so pretty. Stargazer lilies best outside as they make me sneeze. I have two hydrangeas. Nice tea. The chocolate rooibos vanilla tea sounds interesting! Roobis tea is good for many things the body especially the stomach. I've bought some at world market and even though it 90 degrees right now, 8 p.m. I'll probably have some when its cooler. English breakfast is one of my day teas. We've been watering our flowers and lawn everyday. Hope ya had a good swim! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love earl grey tea and should drink it more often. Love herbal teas of all types. Oh my that garden of yours ♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your flowers are all doing so well and are a real credit to both you and Dayle. They looks so pretty in spite of the heat wave, I can only imagine the hard work keeping them watered. How wonderful to be meeting up with a fellow blogger.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Teresa, I'm just blown away every time you post pictures of your flowers - they are gorgeous! I love Earl Grey tea (also Lady Grey tea), but from the choices above, I would pick Lemongrass, Ginger and Citrus - yum!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. You and Gracie and Sue are probably together right this second and I so hope you are having fun. Your flowers are gorgeous and so are you Teresa. Give those two a hug from me.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh I absolutely LOVE all your flowers and plants,sooooo Beautiful in every way.I suffer from Hayfever so cannot smell flowers but I can look at their beauty.I only like strong Tea,so The Breakfast Tea would be my choice,I like our Cornish Tea,which is actually made in Cornwall.Enjoy tasting them all.hugs xx

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love comments and thank you so much for taking time to leave me a note. :-)