Wednesday, July 18, 2018

Summer Heat

Hello!  We're having more repairs done around the farm.  Dayle built the barn and had found this big multi-paned window and installed it some 33 years ago.  Recently Kristi found a window pane on the ground below the window, can you believe it was unbroken?  Apparently the caulking around the pane had fallen out and the window blew out.  SO.. I asked our handyman/painter/fix it guy if he'd replace it and some broken windows in the door end of the barn.  He found that a lot of the caulking was gone so we gave him the go-ahead to re-do all of them and paint it.  He's working on it now.  Now I'd like him to install 3 more windows on the lower level for more light and air in the barn.  We have the windows.


Yes, it's been a hot week.  Thank goodness we have 4 window AC units in our house to make it bearable.


Dayle has been doing extra duty watering our garden around the back deck and pond.


The flowers on the deck are making our view out of the dining room windows very colorful.  


The Hollyhock has bloomed almost to the end, it's a very tall plant this year, almost 6 feet high!


The boy's tomato plant is producing a few big ones but have yet to turn red.


My blog friend Kathy b is knitting some mittens, so I told her I'd show the mittens I knitted from my own natural colored Alpaca that I spun into yarn on my spinning wheel.  I made up the color pattern as I went.  I made them for Dayle but he never wore them, telling me they were too good to wear.  LOL!


I have a good friend named Steve Terrill who is a well-known photographer here in the Portland area.  We're friends on Facebook.  He just posted this amazing photo of a sunset in the gorge with Vista House and I asked him if I could share it.  Pretty, huh?


This was posted on Facebook in our Corbett Area group, I thought it was hilarious.   


I need to start a packing list for what I'm going to take on my trip to Ohio to see my daughter's family.  I picked up a few new summer tee tops yesterday, one is lime green!  I'm off to swim again.  Thanks for visiting!!  ((hugs)), Teresa :-) 

14 comments:

  1. I'm thinking clean up the inside of that VW and you have the perfect stitching spot!

    Happy travels!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That "studio apartment" is hilarious!!! Love those mittens you made Teresa. Very pretty. That sunset picture is gorgeous! Any plans for the barn once it is cleaned up? I'm thinking you should start throwing some pottery again.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is it nicer there today? It cooled off in Eugene around 8pm last night, and there was nice marine air this morning. It's in mid 80s which feels quite cool!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So much to catch up on Teresa. I love the finds from the barn and am excited your handyman is getting so much work done for your farm. The letter from your grandfather is priceless. He sounds like he was a lovely man. I am so thrilled you are going to Ohio! Lake Erie is where my dad had a sailboat, Toledo Beach Marina if I remember correctly. We used to explore the beach area where an old dance hall had fallen apart, park of the grand piano was still there. By the way your felted sheep are still safe, no dogs have attacked them yet. I keep putting them up higher and higher. Sending you love.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your husband has a great spot to water from! My husband has been watering the plants out front that we can't reach with the hose. Your hot weather is topping our's! It's now a little less humid, thank goodness! Your barn is so pretty. I can see why you'd like more windows in it. Also nice to have a handy man! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's wonderful the windows in the barn are being repaired and that you are also having more windows installed! It is a beautiful structure. The mittens you made for Dayle are lovely and I enjoy knowing their history. Thanks for sharing the beautiful photos...and the rental property one :-) xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love that barn of yours and yes would love to see for real. One day maybe lol Lovely mittens and all your colourful plants. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. The last photo would be hilarious if it weren't so close to the truth. Housing in Multnomah County and now Clackamas County have become ridiculously expensive.
    Love the barn Dayle built!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your garden is looking wonderful despite the heat. Lots of watering here too to keep the plants alive. No rain for weeks. Love the gorgeous sunset, you live in such a beautiful part of the world. Bet you’re excited about your trip away. Have a good time. B x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the mittens Teresa. I’m sure they mean a lot to Dayle and so he cherishes them. Also love the photo of the Gorge and the apt.! I know when Mandy was renting before they bought their house in Clackamas, rents were high. I can only imagine what they are now.
    I can tell how excited you are to see your girls and I’m sure they’re the same. I’ve never seen a Great Lake either. I can’t wait the hear your impressions.
    It’s supposed to be cooler tomorrow here. I sure hope so.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm a big fan of lime green, well done you. Steve's photo is amazing, the colours are absolutely stunning, what an image. I hope you had a good swim, that is some seriously hot weather you're having. CJ xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh those mittens are just gorgeous!!!!!!! Thank you Teresa. I want them!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. The photo of the gorge was sheer bliss, what an amazing sight stunning! Love the rental, made me smile. Lime green sounds wonderful for a holiday top.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gosh that is hot Teresa...we're in the early 30ocs here and that's plenty hot enough. Glad to see you are getting your barn sorted out. Enjoy your shopping for your hols,so excited for you to see you girls. Daisy Jane is coming to stay with us next week ;0) Hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love comments and thank you so much for taking time to leave me a note. :-)