Monday, August 20, 2018

Waldo Lake Family Reunion 2018

We're home from our 6 day trip to Waldo Lake.  The air cleared up a fair bit after the beginning of our visit.  We spent time on the lakeside visiting with family while enjoying the view of the lake and of the family and other's enjoying the water.


We carried our folding camp chairs and my crochet project and just relaxed and enjoyed the view.. it is really beautiful.



I zoomed in and didn't realize until I downloaded the photos onto my computer - but it's my own SIL D'Ann out on the island with one of her grandsons.. exploring the rock fort and the rocky shore.



Down on the beach my brother's daughter and DILs had set up "camp" on the beach with a shade umbrella and chairs and all while they kept eagle eyes on their children as they played in the sand and swam.


It was such an odd year for us as we usually have our 32 foot trailer set up, but this year commuted from our hotel in Oakridge each day.  I had taken my swim gear up with me but to be honest I could not convince myself to dress down for swimming and then dry off and get re-dressed in the public outhouse!  So... I watched from the sidelines.  



It was fun to see people trying to learn to use paddle-boards.  :-)



Someone had gone to great trouble to build this rock tower sculpture on the edge of the island.  I'm pleased that no child felt the urge to topple it.  I wonder if it will last through the winter?



Looking up from our perch to admire the long needle pine branches and pinecones.



A wispy evergreen.. I'm not sure what variety it is.  Ideas?



An old branch sticking up out of the water's edge.. I daydreamed that it was the Waldo Lake monster.



My nephew Josh took his two little daughters out for a kayak ride and they learned how to paddle.


Josh is such a good daddy!  They have 3 girls, the youngest was with her mommy on the beach.


I worked on the little blanket I'm making for my brother's youngest daughter's month old baby boy.  She now lives in Indianapolis so could not join us this year. 



Two of the grandchildren were frog catching.  


Found one!



So, this was our year of visiting around camp and on the lakeside.  :-)


One of my nephew's sons asked me which was my favorite Star Wars characters and I told him Princess Leia - and soon he handed me a finger puppet he'd drawn and made for me.  Sweet!


My little grandniece tossing pinecones into the fire.  :-)



An impromptu "kids on a log" occurred, so camera's were grabbed and photos taken.


This young lady is a natural born organizer.  :-)



All the kids at camp minus two older brothers who were elsewhere.



Such a great bunch of kids!



A birthday celebration happened.. a handmade Death Star pinata was filled with candy and ready to hang.. and Josh had written a story in Star Wars fashion to be read.. balloons and banners were hung.



I hope you can read this, it's so clever and cute.  You can click on the image to get a bigger version if you can't read it.



My job is to organize a family group photo each year.  I take it very seriously and much gathering of extended family is accomplished.  TA-DAH!


Then it was time to head down the mountain for the last time of the week.  I traditionally take a photo of Diamond Peak on the last drive down.  





My brother's daughter's husband Andrew took the photo below - it's sunset from the viewpoint on the east side of the bay and he manages to get the island in the shot.  Isn't it wonderful?


We spent a last night in the hotel, then packed up and headed home.  I'm glad we could spend time with my older sister and brother and many of my brother's kids and grandkids.  This has been a busy month for me!  Autumn will be here before you know it.  Have a happy week.  ((hugs)), Teresa :-) 

Click HERE to see photo journals of our family reunion campouts over the years.

15 comments:

  1. Looks like it was a wonderful week. Happy birthday to Jojo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet times! I am so glad you were able to go and enjoy such a beautiful place with some of your family. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I met someone in Pacific City yesterday who was on his way to Waldo to meet up with a bunch of people and I said "oh, are you meeting Teresa Kasner?" and he said "no but if I see her I'll tell her you said hello." I think you passed one another on the highway.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks like you all had a wonderful time. Things change don’t they? I’m sure it felt odd not to have your home away from home with you. But staying in a hotel isn’t all bad! The children all look like they have a wonderful time together. Such sweet memories are being made. Blessings, Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kids on a log. HOW ADORABLE . I wouldnt have wanted to change out of my swim suit there every time either. Your family gathering photos will be long treasured!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yippee, Teresa! I was eagerly awaiting your photos so I can print them up and fill up another Waldo photo book. YOU DID G-O-O-D!!! ThanX! Sis Roberta

    ReplyDelete
  7. Darling family, Teresa! How special for all of you to spend this precious time together! Love the photo of the kids on the log-so cute. And the last photo of Diamond Peak-beautiful. What a gorgeous spot. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a wonderful time all together and family group pics are what we love to look back on ♥ The weather looked great and so much water activity fun. Can understand you being reluctant to get into bathers and yes have to dry off again for car trip back. Lovely Teresa xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a wonderful place to go camping and with so many family having a wonderful time together too. I'm so glad you enjoyed it although I can't believe how quickly 6 days seemed to go. I love the Star Wars story too. Quite brilliant! xx Susan

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks like you had an absolutely wonderful time!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a beautiful place for your family gathering. Looks like a fun filled time for everyone, creating so many wonderful memories.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the idea of a big family camping holiday (but possibly with someone else's family). What an amazing place to while a few days away. We are going camping soon, I can't wait. We'll be camping with friends. x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful photos Teresa and what a fabulous time everyone had. Love the kids on a log photo and that island! I want to go there. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What lovely photos of your wonderful family get together Teresa. So many memories for you all. Hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. what a fun getaway and with family. Love the children too! I'm going to a cousin reunion next month near the coast and looking forward to that as well. Bummer that Phil won't be going with me...work! Bleah! :,p

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love comments and thank you so much for taking time to leave me a note. :-)