Wednesday, September 19, 2018

Big Yellow Mum

I like to add a new blown glass pumpkin to my collection each year, this time it's this crackle glass blue and brown one I had been eying for the last few years at Pier 1 Imports.  


I just put a few of my velvet, glass and crocheted pumpkins on the table and put orange candles in my barley twist candlesticks.  I so enjoy seasonal things on our table.  Now I just need a bouquet of sunflowers!


I have not found ALL of them.. lol


Kristi brought home this neat pumpkin with a battery operated candle in it and I turn it on every evening to brighten the increasingly early dark evenings.


Dayle surprised me with this big yellow chrysanthemum last week, now all I need is a few pumpkins by it.


We'll plant this in the ground when it's spent.


My lace leaf Japanese maple is sending out several bright red new shoots.  I'm happy to see it growing taller, it's dwarfed by my daffodils in the Spring and I feel sorry for the tree, it must be embarrassed.  :-)


My big hydrangea brings visual joy for so many months.  Even dried up it turns grape purple.


I thought these 3 blooms looked like a heart.  


Well.. time to pack the swim bag and head to the pool.  Happily it's a sunny day and I think Gracie will be there today so we can chat and swim which is fun.  Have a super "hump day"!  ((hugs)), Teresa :-) 

13 comments:

  1. I enjoyed seeing the pretty colors of Fall around you and am looking forward to chatting while we swim!xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your new pumpkin! So pretty! I love mums... they are so colorful and they last such a long time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You looks so ready for fall. I haven't even begun to decorate! Yikes, I am so behind!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your pumpkin collection, especially your new one. I love the thought of celebrating the seasons and may have to look at how I can incorporate it more into our lives. Our seasons are more wet and dry and hot and cool. There's not much in between but that doesn't mean the other seasons can't be celebrated can it? xx Susan

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your pumpkin display and those hydrangeas are gorgeous. I think I like them later in the season when they are slightly faded. B x

    ReplyDelete
  6. The new pumpkin is fantastic. I'll have to see if MY Pier 1 store has those. Here's to FALL!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pretty pumpkins on that nice sunflower tablecloth, Teresa. I really like the new glass pumpkin---such a nice blue color. I love how you photographed the three hydrangea blossoms to reveal a heart! You are all ready for Autumn. I still need to bring up a few things to finish decorating. Have a nice evening. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pretty pumpkins and mum. I never think to buy them but Mandy gets some BIG ones at Costco every year. My geraniums are still doing well, so they are my fall color on the porch. :-) are you going to the Fiber Festival this year?
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the new addition, it is a joy to visit and admire your Autumn decor.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yay for Fall and seasonal decor!! Love that new pumpkin. Your table always looks so pretty Teresa!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love seeing your collections Teresa! That's a cool Pumpkin from pIer one

    ReplyDelete
  12. Dont you just love Fall colours.. its so pretty this time of year. Your 'mum' is just gorgeous
    I love your pumpkin collection...especially your new blue one. How pretty!
    Phoebe x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love Autumn and all its colours and glory. Love seeing your Autumn decorations. Hugs Anne x

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love comments and thank you so much for taking time to leave me a note. :-)