Wednesday, September 26, 2018

Rock-A-Bye-Baby

When I gave away my collection of little houses I admit.. I kept my favorite one.  I mean.. when a little girl comes to visit, I will be able to bring this out for her to play with.  Right?  And maybe someday I'll have great granddaughters!  This little house is called the General Store.  When you press on the door mat the porch light comes on, the lantern in the window lights up and a fire flickers in the pot belly stove.  AND.. crickets and birds sing.  


The shopkeeper has a soda fountain where she makes milkshakes and ice cream sundaes.  :-)


I also kept the post office.. :-)


And the Merry-Go-Round and refreshment stand and a little table, chairs and tray of goodies.


And they all fit nicely in a covered basket which is stowed in the "office"/"craft studio"/episode of "hoarders" room.  :-)


Remember when I said we were going to get a couple of rockers for the porch?  They arrived on Monday.  Travis and Kristi put one together and Dayle put the second together yesterday.  Here he is following directions and assembling it.  We got them from Cracker Barrel restaurant website.


They are very comfortable and I could have easily kept these by the pond, but we did get them for the front porch.


A neat addition to our outdoor living.


I love how the light comes slanting in this time of year.  It makes the dining room glow.


Kristi has worked for 3 days to paint oil based stain and sealer between the cracks of the boards.  Next up is to roll the finish onto all the boards. When I snapped this photo she goes.. "Really?".  LOL!


I asked my son Travis to carry the chairs around to the front porch.  I took a couple of my living room pillows out and will leave them on these chairs.  It's time for new ones for the living room.  


The front porch faces the road and beyond it is a big flower garden that is planted and cared for by a group of Laotian families who sell the flowers at Portland area farmer's markets.


Now I need to figure out a little table to put between the chairs, don't you agree?  An antique-y table?  White or wood tone?  


I captured the Harvest Moon a few nights ago.  :-)


I have to tell you we've had a frightening 24 hours here in Corbett.  School was closed due to a man who broke into a home across from school and stabbed a woman.  We saw the SWAT vehicles go by our house, many MANY police cars swarmed into our little town and roads were blocked as a man-hunt was underway.  All of us had our homes locked and kept our children inside.  He could be anywhere, in any of our barns or outbuildings.  Police dogs were looking.  After a day and night of this he was found and arrested this morning.  What possesses a man to do such things to an innocent woman?

Anyway.. thanks for visiting and thanks to those who take the time to comment on my posts.  I can't tell you how much it means to me to know you're reading my stories and enjoying my photos.  ((hugs)), Teresa :-) 

16 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, that sounds like a scary time for everyone. The porch looks so welcoming, you must be so pleased with it. Kristi never seems to stop! She is a Godsend to you.
    Thank you for all your wonderful posts, I so enjoy catching up with your news.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The little buildings do look like they would be fun to play with, and I can imagine folks enjoying the new rockers as well. I am glad you and yours are safe and I continue to pray the Lord will deliver man from evil. The moon in your lovely photo and so much in nature around us is beautiful and I am so grateful to be able to enjoy beauty in the Lord’s creation! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun to face someones flower garden!! !WOW Show us!!
    your tiny house is darling and magical. I keep 4 puppets upstairs for children who visit.
    They mostly want to find the cats and hold them though.
    SO sorry your community was under siege. Ugh. That's scary.
    Oh and your moon photo: amazing

    ReplyDelete
  4. How terrifying to know that someone like that is in your neighbourhood. I hope the woman involved is ok. Scary times. Your new rocking chairs are just my cup of tea and look great on your porch. Love the look on Kristi's face, it says it all. She's a hard working girl.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Everything looks picture perfect at your house. Kristi is a GEM! Wow, that chick can get some stuff done...

    ReplyDelete
  6. My goodness, Teresa, I'm so glad the man was found and you are safe! So many crazy things happening these days!
    Your porch is absolutely beautiful! I love the red and white. We gave our daughter one of those Cracker Barrel rockers when her son was born 23 years ago! It's still in great condition!
    The darling toys surely wanted to stay with you--so cute! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your cozy porch and Afghan and pillows on your chairs. May just need to come by sometime and sit in one and visit with you! Sorry to read of the upheaval in your little town. Thank goodness the man was found and sorry a woman was hurt. Hope she's ok! Congrats on winning the shawl from mereknits! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those doll houses are gorgeous and the chairs are a perfect match for your porch swing. The blanket looked perfect on them when they were out by the pond. How frightening for you and how anxious your community must have been recently. Good to hear they have caught the man. Hugs, thoughts and blessings. xx Susan

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such fun to see the little house and accessories, do you have a little play with it now and again? I know I would. What a wonderful relationship you must have with Kristi, she is such a help to you. It saddened me to read about the siege in your little town, what possess's someone to do these things? Glad all is well in the end.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good morning Teresa! What a sweet little group of buildings. And yes, you definitely needed to keep those for future great grand children to play with. :-) I love your new rockers. They look exactly like mine. We bought it at Cracker Barrel over 10 years ago in Missoula Montana when we stopped for dinner on the way home from Jamie’s. It’s on our back deck. It has held up very well.
    Kristi is working hard. Does that girl ever stop? I’m so sorry about the scare you had. That man definitely needs prayer. I’m so glad all of you are all right and I hope the woman wasn’t hurt too bad.
    Many blessings, Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  11. So relieved to hear they caught this crazy guy! How I'd love to come and sit in your new rockers and have a chat with you. They look like a delightful place to spend the afternoon. Enjoy, Pat

    ReplyDelete
  12. I don't often comment, but I read regularly. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. You were right to keep just a few of your favourite buildings! They will be fun for small visitors! I really love your rocking chairs and porch swing .....they look perfect! Wishing you a wonderful weekend dear Teresa xox

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hello Teresa !
    Fabulous sharing with this beautiful photo report. So nice (as usual I must say).
    Bravo for all this outdoor embellishment !!
    (white for the outdoor table would be pretty)
    You were right to keep this beautiful dollhouse and all its objects.
    I'm really sorry for the assaulted lady and the fear for everyone after that.
    I never get tired of seeing the moon in photo, yes it's true.
    All the best for the whole family.
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the purple pot-bellied stove in the little store!

    The rockers look perfect on your porch. I vote for a white side table.

    What a scary thing thing to have happen in your little town. I'm glad they caught the guy.

    Your moon photos are always amazing and this one is no exception!

    ReplyDelete
  16. The little house is really cute. The photos you take of the moon are wonderful, I don't think I could ever manage anything like that. What an awful thing to happen and so close. Yes it is hard to understand why some people act the way they do. x

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love comments and thank you so much for taking time to leave me a note. :-)