Wednesday, October 3, 2018

Feathering the Nest

I've been trying to figure out how to make the teal table work better on the front porch, we had a second Amish hex sign that my daughter sent to me as a gift with a similar color in it, so Dayle just hung it up for me.  :-)  Then I put a little doily on the table, a few pumpkins and my "Flowers in the Snow" blanket and I think it looks more homey.


It's kind of fun to have a new place to decorate!  LOL!


It was a bit cold out there during our photo shoot.. but it's a sunny day and should warm up nicely.  


Bringing in more colors that have teal in them definitely makes the little table belong there better.  :-)


We had a girl's birthday lunch yesterday.  We celebrated my older sister Roberta's (again) and Shirley's birthdays (my best friend from 7th grade).  I gave them both a bracelet from 4Ocean. This is the organization that sells bracelets made from recycled glass and fishing lines cleaned up from the ocean - and for each bracelet you buy they will clean 1 pound of trash from the sea.  I told them that I hope they wear them all the time like Denise (my younger sister) and I do.  AND.. that they will be our "sister" bracelets.  I'm nothing if not dramatic.  :-)


I just got a photo from my daughter Amy in Ohio - an updated photo of their first dog, Honey.  So cute!


We have sun today which is nice when it's a swim day.  Have a super week and thank you for the nice comments.  ((hugs)), Teresa :-) 

9 comments:

  1. The table looks great for that spot now. It’s perfect for the porch and the Amish hex looks great there too. How fun to share lunch with the girls. The bracelets are a great gift and good for the environment too. I hope your swim was good and the sun stays out.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you decided to keep your table that lovely teal color, Teresa. I really like the lovely accents you have chosen to pick up teal from your blanket to the hex sign. I really need to order one of those bracelets---what a lovely gift for your girlfriends! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. The table is perfect! A place to put your tea when you are rocking on the porch! My sisters, my mom and I used to wear matching bracelets that said "Be Brave" that we got when my mom became ill. It's a lovely gift.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the bracelets made from rubbish - clever idea.
    Your table etc all looking good

    ReplyDelete
  5. The table really does look right at hoe there, you have made the perfect haven. Love the bracelets and what they symbolise. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Somehow I missed this post, but enjoyed reading it now. We showed the house five times last week...I think...life seems in a whirl. Your porch looks cozy indeed. Honey is growing and still looks so sweet. So glad you had a good sisters' luncheon. I am nearly packed to leave tomorrow morning to be with my sisters :) Hope you and yours are well. xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Teresa, I am trying to catch up with all my friends in Blogland. Honey is gorgeous! I like the idea behind the bracelets. Hugs Anne x

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love comments and thank you so much for taking time to leave me a note. :-)