Monday, October 1, 2018

Porch Table and 55 Chevy

Hello, welcome!  Pull up a rocker and sit a spell.  Now that I've added a table between the rockers we'll have a place to put a platter of warm cookies and some hot tea, perhaps a book or a ball of yarn.  :-)


Feel free to pet the big fluffy German Shepherd, Meeka.



I found the funky little wooden table on Facebook Marketplace - for just $20!  Do you like it this color or would you put a whitewash over it?  Yes, I have to fix the seat cushions, they are different on each side and the ones on the right are upside down.  LOL!



I've never seen a table quite like this, it's got little carvings on each corner.  I would call it's color teal.


Dayle pulled his 1955 Chevy Bel Air out of the barn and gave her a good bath on Saturday and then he took me and Hayden out for a ride.  :-)


Off we go for a ride.


How long has it been since you've seen a dashboard that looks like this?  Dayle is going to find a replacement radio, apparently it was stolen out of the car when it was fairly new.


Hayden totally enjoyed his ride with his grandparents in the old Chevy.  Caleb wasn't here or he would have joined us.


When I arose this morning I looked out into the forest and noticed that the vine Maple was turning colors so I went out to snap a photo for this blog post.


It should get even more colorful in the next week.



Kristi inherited her Dad's cedar chest and it's near the back door ready to be brought into their bedroom upstairs.  I've never seen such a pretty one.  



I wanted to show you the "After" photo of the deck.  They power washed it then applied an oil finish and then returned all the tables and chairs and plants.  It looks so much nicer out there now.



I was talking to a photographer while volunteering at Multnomah Falls and I complained about the clarity of my moon photos.  He suggested that I take photos when the moon was going in or out of totality and it would show the craters better.  So, here is my attempt, what do you think?


Thanks for all the nice comments about my Mom's afghan to those of you who searched for the name of the pattern.  It's called "Apache's Tears".  I remembered that's what my mother called it when she showed it to me.  The patterns you shared all used a double crochet drop down to the lower row, but on the one Mom made it's a long single crochet down.  I might do some experimenting to replicate my Mom's design.

Swimming is on the docket today.  Then I have to put the finishing touches on the Friends of Multnomah Falls Fall Issue of the newsletter for which I'm editor.  Then to get it printed and distributed.  

Life is busy, isn't it?  Have a wonderful week!  ((hugs)), Teresa :-) 

14 comments:

  1. Dayle looks so happy sitting on the porch. You have made it such a cozy place to be. I think I would put a white wash on it but then again, I’m not much of a decorator. Ha! The back deck looks wonderful too. Kristi did a good job with that stain. How fun to take a ride in the old car.
    Is it getting as cold there as it is here? Almost all of our leaves are turning already. There was snow falling not far away from us Saturday night. I am so not ready for this.
    Blessings, Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely love your porch and your deck, such a lovely place to sit. I imagine it's great on the porch when it's raining but not cold - somewhere to sit and watch the rain streaming down. You've made a beautiful job of it. That car is amazing, how wonderful to be able to go out for a ride in it. I bet everyone turns to look. I can see it is well loved. Hope you enjoyed your swim. CJ xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everything at your home looks so festive and inviting. All the beautiful colors and textures in your yard and on your porch and deck are just charming. Such a wonderful refinishing job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I enjoyed seeing the '55 Chevy, Teresa! Had to show it to my hubby. How nice to be able to take a spin in her. I love seeing that big ole steering wheel.
    The teal table is very nice and quite a bargain! I would keep that color if it were mine. Your deck and porch gives you two great spots to enjoy the outdoors this Autumn! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is a joy to visit your blog today and enjoy the fruits of the Kasner's labor :) The porch and deck are lovely. I like the contrast of the pretty teal table with the red and white nearby. So glad you had fun going for a ride in the Chevy. The dashboards today really are different! Teresa, you know I admire all your photography, but the latest moon shot is exceptionally "out of this world"! :) xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can picture you driving around in the old Chevy, I bet you had fun. Your table looks great between your chairs, what a find that was. xx Susan

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your porch is looking great now after all the hard work. How amazing to have such a lovely old car. Bet your grandson loved his ride. Those colours of the maple and hydrangeas are wonderful, such a gorgeous time of year. Have a good week. B x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really love your porch and decking - in my next life, this is what I want for my house :-) It must so nice being able to sit outside but sheltered from the elements. Dayle's 1955 Chevy Bel Air reminds me of my honeymoon in Cuba (back in 2000). It looks in good shape! x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm not much into cars but do love the vintage ones and that one is a beauty. Such a gorgeous color and a great dashboard. You have a fantastic porch. I could sit there all day.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the car!! love it even more because you can ride in it!!! I would change the table color, but that's just me. And you asked :) . Your flower photos are so lovely Teresa!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. My goodness I would love to come and sit with you on your cosy porch. I love the table, such a great find. The old car is a wow what fun to take a drive around in it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your porch looks really stunning Teresa. The table is lovely and personally yes I would match it to your chairs. The moon photo is brilliant, I must try that idea out. Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the porch Teresa. The car is great, great colour. Hugs Anne x

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love comments and thank you so much for taking time to leave me a note. :-)