Friday, October 19, 2018

Spooky Decor and VOTE!

Hello my dear readers!  Thanks for stopping by!  I got a new Halloween paper lantern, my old one had seen better days.  This one is fun and bright, I also got some new lights, little lighted pumpkins with witches hats on.  :-)


Kristi got this one a few years back.


Here is my ghost bride, her veil is off, I need to attach it to her head again.  :-)


And my full-sized skeleton Dayle brought home for me a few years ago.  I thought he might look fun in our new rocking chairs on the front porch.  :-)


My small girl skeleton wearing a pretty purple party frock.


When I returned home after swimming on Wednesday, I had the sun-roof open and I just sat there for a bit and admired the red leaves appearing on the Pin Oak tree.


And yellow leaves on the weeping Birch trees.


Yesterday I volunteered at Multnomah Falls and Dayle picked me up at 5 pm, then we headed East up the Columbia River Gorge to find somewhere to have dinner.  


The sun was low in the sky.


We decided on Clark & Lewie's which is right on the river in Stevenson, Washington.


There was live music and beautiful rosy colored mountains across the river in Oregon.


The musicians took a break, they were pretty good!


There are photos of this place on the wall from a LONG time ago, so this place has quite a long history.


Our ballot has arrived for the midterm elections.  I *LOVE* voting by mail!  You can really study who you're voting for, googling for information so you're making a good choice.  We need more balance in Washington DC, please vote!!


We are electing our governor - it's hotly contested - millions of dollars have been spent on tv ads.  We can't wait for this to be over, we hope our candidate wins and we are sick of the attack ads.


I wanted to show you my two stems of cotton bolls in an old crockery jug that Kristi inherited from her father, I think it's a perfect place for them.


I think of my mom and her family picking cotton - not that it was fun or easy as mom told terrible stories of how the prickles would hurt her hands and they'd be bleeding from it - but having these reminds of of how poor and struggling my family was in those years.


We have been having an infestation of "boxelder or stink bugs" during the warm weather and this is the side of our house right now.  Isn't it awful?  Do you have anything like this at your house?


OK.. off I go to swim, thankfully it's a gloriously sunny day again.  ((hugs)), Teresa :-) 

21 comments:

  1. I'm not sure we're infested down south in Eugene but we have an awful lot of them for this late in the season. Still have those effin' hornets too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It has been a glorious week here too. I’m enjoying every day of it. We don’t have those stinkbugs here, at least that I know of. And I think I’m glad. Ha! We’re also still waiting on our ballots to arrive. I’m a bit surprised they haven’t come in the mail yet. Beautiful views of the Gorge. Thank you for sharing them with us. I think you found the perfect spot for the cotton balls. I really do think it’s good to remember where we’ve come from.
    Blessings, Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do they stink at all? We don't have them in Britain.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't really smell them but my sense of smell isn't super great. :-)

      Delete
  4. Autumn looks so beautiful where you are Teresa. Love your decorations, you know I LOVE Halloween. Our mail in ballots have come, my middle son and husband fill them out. I vote in person because I don't want to risk my vote being lost in the mail. I'll even take off time at work if need be, this election is very important.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've seen a couple of stink bugs on our screen window in the kitchen, but nothing like THOSE numbers.

    I know what you mean about the attack ads. They really ARE disgusting. I'll be out voting on election day and of course, I hope my candidates win, but we'll just have to wait and see how it all plays out.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh nooooo! We have had a swarm of boxelder bugs here too...sprayed twice so far and there is some improvement. They are mainly on the outside wall of my bedroom and the front bedroom. YUCK!!! I have squished a few and thankfully not noticed a smell. Your pin oak photos and river photos are especially lovely and pleasantly reminded me of our trips to that side of the river and that restaurant. Happy Weekend! xxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Teresa
    I have been trying to catch up with all the posts I missed. Need to get back to blogging as well. Had such a lot going on here!
    Love the new lantern. All the decorations are fun though would scare me to death at night! Lol
    Autumn is beautiful here as well. Yesterday was a beautiful day and I enjoyed lunch out with two other ladies.
    We had a wasp nest earlier in year, in our loft ! We have also had a lot of little white flies :-( Have a great weekend. Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a wonderful meal you enjoyed Teresa, such delightful surroundings. Your house is looking very festive...but those bugs...yuk! We don't have them here thank goodness. Have a lovely weekend, hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Urgh don’t like the look of those bugs. Hopefully your Halloween decorations will scare them off. More lovely scenic photos. Have a lovely weekend. B x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such beautiful Autumn colors all around you. Great spot for dinner! No stinkbugs here but I have been dealing with ant invasions for months. So hard to get rid of those little buggers. My Colorado boy has been doing door-to-door canvassing for the CO Dem Party for the past couple of weeks. :) Happy weekend! P.S. Love the Halloween lantern

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have never come across that type of bug before, they are certainly prolific so I am happy not to have them here. Your Halloween decor is a joy, what fun. Beautiful setting to sit and enjoy a meal, stunning views.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Here in Saskatchewan we call those bugs Halloween beetles and right now they are awful on the south side of our house. Ugh.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Another restaurant to try out. The sun has brought out the boxelders. No worries as the rain is returning and those bugs will move along.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Scary hanginy things! All I have is a pumpkin. Haha...the witch is in sign is funny! Peppermint is something stink bugs don't like. Might want to check that out or Raid...kill them bugs dead!�� enjoy your weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a beautiful spot for a meal. I do love all your Halloween decorations, they look like such fun. xx Susan

    ReplyDelete
  16. Teresa I LOVE YOUR LANTERN!!!! Wow. The whole yard is cute. We have tons of those bugs and elder beetles.. yuck. I always enjoy your photography.

    ReplyDelete
  17. UGH to those stink bugs! We get them (though not that many in one place, thank goodness).

    Your Halloween decorations are so great Teresa! Love your lantern and all the skeletons and witches. What fun.

    I am finally back from traveling and staying put for awhile! Trying to catch up on some blog reading. Hope your weekend is going well.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful autumn colours and scenes Teresa. Looks like you are all ready for Halloween there :) Love the new lantern! Hope you can get rid of those bugs...I don't think we have them here (luckily!) Enjoy the rest of your week! XxX

    ReplyDelete
  19. oh how wonderful...i love to see how other countries celebrate the seasons with things like halloween and christmas. love the lanterns and witches legs hehe. hope you have a wonderful time with family and friends x

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love comments and thank you so much for taking time to leave me a note. :-)