Wednesday, November 14, 2018

One More Chicken.. Or Two

Hello.. thanks for stopping by!  I have found a new way to pass a few moments.. when I'm on Facebook they have a fairly new thing called Marketplace.  You click on it and can browse through all kinds of things for sale, and the prices can be very reasonable.  There is a section for antiques and collectibles.  :-)  This little Westmoreland glass Hen on Nest candy bowl caught my eye.  A quick message to the seller and a meeting was set.  On Saturday Dayle and I went to pick it up.  Isn't it cute?  There is a bit of opal white glass on the comb, beak and tail which is really pretty.


The seller said she had a few more, did I want to see?  Well.. ok.  So she brought out 3 more.. and the root beer colored one told me that it would like to come home with me too.  LOL!


So, my little collection of 4 Hens on a Nest bowls grew to 6.  I think that's all I need.. right?  


The other night seven of us were all hanging out in the family room, and all three dogs were in the middle of the room so I snapped a photo.  Our power had gone out so we'd lit the candles for light.  Dayle had the generator going to keep the pellet stove running to heat the house.  And one lamp, too.  Our son's family will be moving within the next few weeks.  Kristi has been packing for the move.  Soon we'll go from 8 people living here to 4.  The boys will still go to school here, so they'll ride the bus home here where Kristi will pick them up.  I'm glad we'll still get to see them often.


I plan to head to the pool today.  But it's going to take some mental fortitude to make myself head out on this cold gray day.  I'm sure I will do it.. right?  Right.  What are you forcing yourself to do today?  LOL!  ((hugs)), Teresa :-) 

13 comments:

  1. Your glass hens are so cute - I like that they are all different colors. I'm not sure I would go out to swim on a cold, grey day. I'd be more apt to take a nap - lol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I could so bring your green glass hen home, it's beautiful, but I love coloured glass as long as it's old. I'm forcing myself out for an hour of speedy walking with the pooches, which will be quite enough for me xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not forcing myself to do anything today Teresa. It’s cold and gray here today too, so I’m staying inside. Your house is going to be so quiet. I know you will miss everything that Kristi and Travis do to help you around the farm too. Thankfully they won’t be far away.
    I like your hen collection. You have so many collections I can’t keep up with them all! Ha ha Ha! They are very pretty though.
    Your room looks cozy with everybody there. A perfect night to bring out a boardgame.
    Blessings always, Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have that same root beer colored chicken. It belonged to my mother. I have no idea how old it is or where she got it. I've seen several in antique stores and the prices vary widely. Maybe if I find a reasonably priced one, I'll add to my flock too. Your chickens are BEAUTIFUL!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your new hens are beautiful, Theresa! Love all the different colors. I know you are going to miss having a house full, but I bet you will enjoy it as well. I went outside today to empty all the pots of flowers that had been zapped by the freeze we had Saturday night. It looks kind of sad outside now...I love Autumn, but not when it freezes and all the flowers are gone. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. Forced myself to go to work. So cold I wanted to stay home! lol Now we are having freezing rain. Love the hens and you know more is always better :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello there sure love your chicken collection. Great family time pic too. Here I have just done a 75sec plank and about to do 55 squats lol xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your chicken collection is beautiful. How quiet it will seem at your home when they move but at least not too far away and you will see the boys each day.
    I have a lot to do today but must sort out our small spare room as my granddaughters are stopping over tomorrow evening while their Mumm and dad go out with our eldest son and D.I.L. who are coming down for the night. X

    ReplyDelete
  9. that just gave me a memory of my mother having one of these in the dining room when i was a little girl...i will have to ask her. Such a beautiful collection of hens~ i can see why it was hard not to buy more! ;) x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Let me see what I should force myself to do: drink tea, read a good book, stitch away on a patchwork quilt. Such hard, horrible jobs, but I will force myself. [wink]

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your new flock of hens is very pretty, and I enjoyed seeing much of your family together in your family room. As for what I forced myself to do on Wednesday...I can't remember! A stitching friend ended up in the hospital with a mild heart attack and I was preoccupied with wondering how she was doing while I was trying to keep on track with moving related activities. xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. My aunt had two of those hens, one was blue and I think the other one was clear. She kept candy in them.

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love comments and thank you so much for taking time to leave me a note. :-)