Wednesday, November 21, 2018

Spices and Donuts

Hello!  I thought I'd share with you what we were doing while our son and grandson were fishing and crabbing.  Caleb could not go as he has a cast on his arm from a fractured finger due to brotherly roughhousing.  So, we took him along with us on an outing.  First up was lunch at La Costita, a really good Mexican restaurant.  Then we went to Penzeys Spices for me to get a few things for gifts and some for me.  While I was looking around, Dayle took Caleb for a haircut nearby.  I used this seasoned salt on my crab salad and I'm a convert!


The store I visited had this charming mid-century style kitchen in the corner which served as a lovely showcase for their spices.



They had cinnamons from many different countries, cocoas with mint or cinnamon, whole peppercorns also from many places and so many things!


Have you heard of Penzeys?  You can buy online here: Penzeys



There is something wonderful about knowing you're getting fresh spices.  I look forward to going back.



On our way to find the spice shop we passed this place.. and made a mental note to stop in on our way out of Portland back to the Columbia River Gorge where we live.  :-)


Here is Caleb with his new haircut, close on the sides and fluffy on top.. it was his first visit to KKD and he loved it!



We got a dozen of their glazed donuts to bring home for the eight of us.  Hayden and Ayden enjoyed some of these when they got home from crabbing.



This place is fun as you can watch the donuts being made through a big plate glass window.  The raw donuts come out on this machine, then drop into hot oil, then they all get flipped over and move on to the glazing part.. done!  


It's fun for kids especially to see how they are made.



This is the table display before we had to clear the table for the crab feed.. lol.  The tablecloth is in the laundry and will be put back on today so I can begin setting the table for Thanksgiving dinner.


I took the car through the car wash the other day as a bird had pooped on my windshield.. I always enjoy the colored lights when the foamy soap gets squirted on.. I think of the light shows during the 60s.  :-)  Far out, man.  Groovy.


I want to take this time to wish you a...

*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*:._.:*~*:._.:*
*H*A*P*P*Y* *T*H*A*N*K*S*G*I*V*I*N*G*!*!*
*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*:._.:*~*:._.:*

To those who celebrate this holiday.  No matter where you are in the world, I invite you to join with me to give thanks for all you have, your home, friends and family and it's always a good time for a feast!!  ((hugs)), Teresa :-) 

15 comments:

  1. Very groovy man :-) The other day my granddaughters were asking me about Flower Power and was I a Hippy :-) I said not really but I did paint flowers on my face
    I would enjoy a visit to Penzey's Have a wonderful Celebration Teresa. Hugs anne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Krispey Creme makes everything better

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Thanksgiving Teresa. After all the floods, hurricanes and fires we are indeed lucky to have homes, family, friends and food. Have a wonderful time with your family.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Penzey's store display is nostalgic and the Krispy Kreme production line is interesting. I'm glad you and Dayle had a good outing with Caleb! More positive steps taken in the housing process for us today. I thank the Lord for His loving provision and hope you and yours have a Happy Thanksgiving celebration! xxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Penzey's is so much fun. I love the samplers! That kitchen brings me back to my childhood as we had a kitchen just like that with the tilt out bins and a big farmers sink. Oh those were the days!
    I was first introduced to Krispy Kreme donuts in San Diego. They're best when fresh out of the fryer. It's fun to have a show with your donuts. Did you know that they make a scaled down version of that donut maker for home use. I saw one being used at the Del Mar Fair a while back. Too much fun!
    Sending good wishes to you & yours for a great Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wishing you a very happy Thanksgiving too!!! Enjoy all the spicy goodies!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Loved this interesting post! Wishing you and your lovely family a very Happy Thanksgiving dear Teresa XxX

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wishing you and your family a happy Thanksgiving. xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wishing you a Happy Thanksgiving, we certainly have a lot to be Thankful for.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  11. That spice shop looks like a place I could spend a lot of time in! Happy thanksgiving to you and your family. xx Susan

    ReplyDelete
  12. Feliz Dia de Accion de Gracias, querida amiga, nosotros aca en Costa Rica no lo celebramos, pero si estamos concientes de la importacia de este dia para muchas personas.Saludos Pura Vida ¡¡¡¡¡

    ReplyDelete
  13. We had a good time with our family on Thanksgiving. Sorry your grandson broke his finger....not good but he had a fun time with his grandparents, though, right? Interesting spice shop. Not heard of that place. I'll check it out online sometime. I'm not going to the outlet mall even though Megan asked when we were going to go....jokingly! I have a friend that had to work 6-midnite! AH! I don't think I'll black friday shop unless online. Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hope you had a great thanksgiving. I can almost smell that wonderful spice shop fro here :) B x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yes belated happy thanksgiving from me. We go through a car wash like that lol xoxo

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love comments and thank you so much for taking time to leave me a note. :-)