Friday, November 23, 2018

Thanksgiving 2018

Hello, I'm glad to have you stop by for a visit.  We had a very nice Thanksgiving day here at the old farmhouse.  The first thing I did was spread my autumn inspired tablecloth on the table and start getting the special thanksgiving china out of the cabinet above the fridge.  Kristi and Michael got those down for me.  Then the goblets from the china cabinet and the napkins and silverware.  New candles in the candelabra and we're all set.


Dinner was arranged for 5-6 pm so our youngest son would be home from work.  He cannot pass up the triple-time he makes on holidays.  :-)  Dayle made the dressing and stuffed the bird and got it in the oven in the morning.  Here it is right out of the oven.  He puts butter, fresh sage and rosemary under the skin before he roasts it.


While the turkey was roasting we put together the side dishes to put in the oven when the turkey was done.  Michael did yam and potato peeling duty and cubed them to boil.  I taught him how to prepare them for next time.  We also made green bean casserole, corn casserole and homemade cranberry orange sauce.  We had scissor rolls hot out of the oven and sparkling cider.  I made the gravy and had lots of help with stirring.


And here is the happy family with a feast.  We went around and said what we were thankful for.  We all got a giggle when Shawn said he was grateful for..... gravy.  :-)


And my friends, it was gooooood!  The only thing I don't have in my picture is the cranberry sauce.  Yum!


Oh you should have seen the kitchen after dinner!!  LOL!  Kristi ran one load of dishes and I hand washed the silverware using one of my cotton knitted dishcloths.  Then I hand-dried them all and put them back in their box.  We had a wonderful day.

Today is moving day for the kids, I'm heading out to follow them to the new house to see it then will bring them back here for more packing.  So.. I better get going!
((hugs)), Teresa :-) 

18 comments:

  1. What an amazing meal. I'm glad you all had a lovely day together. I hope the move goes well, and have a good weekend Teresa. CJ xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful family feast you have had. I would be thankful for gravy too, it's one of my favourite comfort foods! Good luck with the move. xx Susan

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks delicious! My husband cooked and I was on clean up duty, yikes I washed a ton of pots, pans and dishes, but it was worth it. Enjoy your weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad you had a good celebration and hope the move is going well! We had a similar menu yesterday but carrot casserole and corn pudding instead of yams :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your menu was much like ours! ! My sister stuffed with rosemary and thyme. Im thankful for so much this year. I try to maintain a sense of daily gratitude, but am extra thankful On THanksgiving when I can be with family!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How wonderful to enjoy a wonderful meal of gratitude with your family. I love your Thanksgiving china and silver. Everything looks delicious. My, what a beautifully baked turkey. I hope your family has an easy move. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy holidays! Your Thanksgiving table looks great. Just read through several of your posts. Love the rosemaling candelabra. Congrats to your son and his family on finding a house.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like you had a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow all looks beautiful not only the food but the table too. The house will seem quiet for a little while once your son and his family move out.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It looks like a fab celebration Teresa. A belated very Happy Thanksgiving. I hope the move goes well.....times are changing. Hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, this is a fantastic spread! I am so glad you all had a wonderful time. xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh by the way, I love your new holiday header. So warm So inviting. Just perfect

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a delicious meal for your thanksgiving. Glad you had a good time with your family! We had fun as well and delicious food. Have a good week! x--x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fabulous Teresa and looks so yummy and great seeing you all together ♥ Exciting time with the move xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  15. It looked wonderful Teresa, so pleased you had such a great day. Hope the move went well and that they will all be very happy in their new home. Hugs Anne xxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your Thanksgiving dinner looks like it was DELICIOUS!!!! Does your house feel a little empty now with the kids (and grandkids) moved out?

    Echoing Kathy B - your header pic is just so lovely. I want to be there!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Bonita familia, querida Teresa, felicitaciones

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love comments and thank you so much for taking time to leave me a note. :-)