Friday, December 14, 2018

Lighted Lodge, Advent Surprises and Scheepjes Yarn

Season's Greeting, my friends!  I snapped this photo of Multnomah Falls Lodge yesterday after volunteering in the Visitors Center with my sister Denise for the afternoon.  It's all lit up and the smoke is rising from the big stone fireplace in the dining hall.


We always have lunch before our shift and we enjoyed the holiday decorations and the tree in the big dining room.


This is the View Room.. you can actually see the falls here while you dine, but the glare on the window blocked out the view for this picture.


This is the waiting lounge by the bar and the dining room which we use, the Wahkeena Room, which also has a fireplace.



This man had a 5 week old puppy with him, it's part Chihuahua and part Pomeranian.. a Pom-a-wah-wah?  :-)



I love this model of Multnomah Falls Lodge on display in the dining room.



We had some really interesting visitors.. a lot of people admired the Woodland Blanket (by Lucy of Attic24 blog) that I was crocheting on.  I always give her blog for people to google and find her.  One group told me of their dollhouse her dad made for her daughter and so I pulled up some photos of my dollhouse and they ohhed and ahhhed over the inlaid wood floor.  That was fun.


Denise picked me up on the way and Dayle came to get me up at the end of our shift.  On the Bridal Veil entrance to the freeway I-84, we stopped to get a photo of the sunset over the Columbia River towards Portland, Oregon.



My yarn came for the Sunday Shawl I want to make, but I have to say I was very surprised by how FINE this yarn is!  :-(  I don't know whether to persevere and crochet it or do something else with it.  What do YOU think?



I do love the colors in this.. like a starburst.


Here is the progress on my Advent cowl - design by Alicia Paulson of Posie Gets Cozy blog fame.  :-)  I was worried that I was doing something wrong where the increases are, but looking at the pattern, this is how it's supposed to be.  The pink part will be the back, the rest of the color changes will be the width of the purple section.



My surprise from yesterday...


Tea!  Made in Spokane, Washington.  I look forward to a cup of this.


I wonder what the beige bits are?


And just now this one...



Another speckled pink skein of yarn!  :-)



I thought you might enjoy this image I found on Facebook.. :-)  Wouldn't this be the ultimate yard decoration this time of year?


I've accomplished some of my gift appropriation, just a few more things to find.  I'm enjoying this season.  I hope you are too.  Are you all set?  

****************************************
 *M*E*R*R*Y* * *C*H*R*I*S*T*M*A*S*!*
**************************************** 

((hugs)), Teresa :-) 

15 comments:

  1. oh goodness ,,, Scheepje's Whirl is an absolute joy to work with ... works up beautifully and drapes well too- enjoy-
    I so love all your pics- my oldest daughter is a 'northwest dweller' (she's near Seattle) and your ability to capture things through the camera lens gives me glimpses into 'her' part of the country-
    I wish you and yours a wonderful holiday from deep in the piney woods of East Texas-
    Regards- barb in texas

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice to meet you,visiting your blog has been a pleasure!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The lodge looks so pretty. I always enjoy stopping there when we're in the area. Yesterday I work my new MF sweatshirt with a MF t-shirt under it...both purple! Kept me warm. Nice new yarn you've got. I've sent my gifts out today and now work on cards and decor. Quite the windstorm that howled thru this afternoon...interesting colors in the sky. Mt Hood was beautiful this morning! In love your photo of the river! Wow! Merry Christmas my friend! X--X
    https://grandmabeckyl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Falls area is certainly beautiful with the lovely lodge. Thanks for showing the lovely dining area. I can imagine it is a lovely spot to enjoy lunch. We are wrapping and wrapping and wrapping. It's a wonderful time of the year! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. The lodge really is so lovely and fits into its surroundings beautifully. It must be a joy to be there all the time. I chuckled at Pom-a-wah-wah. :) There was a time when thin yarns were really all we could get here and I really didn't like them because making anything took forever, especially after being used to yarn available in the States. But over the years, the shops have started importing more varieties so I can find thicker yarns now which I prefer to work with.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Merry Christmas Teresa (and family)!
    I plan on driving out your way in January.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The Falls photos are beautiful and I must visit the restaurant next time we are visiting. As to the yarn, it does seem thin and you could add another color like black and create a marled effect by holding the two yarns together.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Teresa, as always I always enjoy seeing the photos of the Lodge. I would love to cozy up next to one of those huge fire places and crochet or knit the afternoon away. How fun to meet all of your interesting guests.
    I was very interested in the tea from Alicia. I didn’t know we had a place that made tea in Spokane. I need to check that out. Alex has been after me to drink more tea instead of my one Diet Coke a day.
    I hope you have a lovely weekend planned.
    Blessings always, Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  9. love your cowl...the knitting is very neat.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love seeing the Lodge especially with the snow falling and the falls too ♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think you should go for it with the Sunday Shawl pattern and that yarn. IT will be a beautiful shawl , just lighter weight but so gorgeous. I am loving seeing all your special surprises.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh I love the VW van light up!!! I always love your Lodge photos.
    I have lots to wrap but the shopping is done. Some just in the st. nick of time . One present may be a day late....for Fireman. but worth the wait!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your cowl is really coming along! It will be done in no time! Love that new yarn, very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love your Lodge photos - always great! That yarn is gorgeous Teresa...I would give the Sunday shawl a try. I wonder if the little bits in the tea could be orange peel?

    ReplyDelete
  15. Enjoyed all the post...I understand not being a fan of thin yarn, but I think Mere is right that you will love the drape of the shawl if you hang in there and stitch it. You can do it! :-) xx

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love comments and thank you so much for taking time to leave me a note. :-)