Wednesday, December 12, 2018

Sisters Christmas Luncheon

There is nothing more useful for finishing my decorating than the deadline of a social event in our house.  :-)  That event was yesterday.  My sisters, Roberta the elder and Denise the younger - and Shirley my best friend since 7th grade who is now an honorary sister - arrived for our annual Christmas luncheon that I host each and every year.  


Everything arranged just so, Dayle laid and lit a log fire in the hearth, a ham in the oven... the girls brought colorfully wrapped presents, and some surprises for Kristi and the boys.


We prepared the ham and baked potatoes, Shirley brought a broccoli salad, Roberta a loaf of sourdough bread, Denise made bread pudding for dessert.  Yum!



After a chatty and enjoyable luncheon, we retired to the living room by the fire and the tree.. Shirley, Denise and Roberta posed for a photo for me.  :-)



My old oak coffee table with candles aglow and my Jim Shore Santa in his sleigh which is lit and has a music box playing We Wish You a Merry Christmas.  The quilted centerpiece was a gift from my sister Denise several years ago.


Oh how I enjoy the lighted tree full of a lifetime collection of ornaments that each mean something special.


Even the toys in Santas bag are cute, a doll, teddy bear, toy soldier and jack in the box, his sleigh is soaring over the clouds.



My other Jim Shore Santa in his sleigh and 4 reindeer on the mantel.



We got a new wreath this year.. the old one finally had to be retired due to.. I didn't like it anymore... LOL!


This darling little knitted ornament flew in from across the country from a very dear friend who I adore.  Thank you, my friend!



Roberta gave us each a card she made, cute cover of 4 ladies taking a selfie.


And inside a poem she wrote herself!



Denise gave us all some new salt and pepper grinders, I gave everyone some India Tellicherry peppercorns and pink Himalayan salt for the grinders, Shirley gave us a fun tartan plaid initial mug and Kristi gave us all some Ambrosia Honey Co. honey!  Roberta gave us all a scarf.


I am looking forward to using this on my morning English muffin.  :-)  Thanks, ladies!!


I got a box from my blog friend Betsy, she had found a vintage set of S&P shakers and got them for me.  Thanks, Betsy!



Are you ready for advent calendar item #11?


Look at this luscious baby blue yarn!!  More for my cowl project.


And just now I opened this... 


The cutest little jar of locally produced creamed honey!  Oh my!


We're off soon to do some errands.  How is your week going?  Do share with us!!

************************************
 *M*E*R*R*Y* * *C*H*R*I*S*T*M*A*S*!*
************************************

((hugs)), Teresa :-) 

19 comments:

  1. Lovely xmas post Teresa and so lovely you sisters can all get together like this. Have not seen one of my sisters since Mum's funeral over 2years ago. But here we are getting things all wrapped ready to go back to the city xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your house looks very cozy and always lovely to get together with family and sisters especially.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your decorated room is wonderfully inviting. Thanks for sharing it. Are all the other rooms in your house equally decorated?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have the dining room decorated, I'll show some photos of it soon. I have some things in the family room too... but not as much. :-)

      Delete
  4. So glad you had a good time together! Over here I have been making trips to the condo, getting keys made, planning some spiffing up projects for the condo... making lists! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like a wonderful time was had by all and that yarn is simply BEAUTIFUL!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Teresa. What a fun post. I love the way you decorate your living room. I have some fond memories there myself. What a great poem Roberta wrote. I see that creative talent runs in the family. Two jars of honey in one post! It’s a good thing you like honey isn’t it? That yarn is absolutely amazing. I can almost feel the softness just looking at the picture. I’m glad you like the salt and pepper shakers. They called out to me, “Teresa needs these!” from across the antique store. :-) Blessings always, Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  7. How cosy and festive everything looks Teresa. Your sisters'lunch looked perfect, what wonderful memories to make together. We managed to wrap the presents last night...the list is getting ticked! Hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad you had fun with your sisters .I'm slowly getting things done for Christmas. Bought another box of Christmas cards on my home from work. Behind this year. A branch came off our heritage birch tree Wed and I'm going to use it for my ornaments from Ann Voskamp book "Unwrapping the Greatest Gift". We had a windstorm with rain Tues. Take care×× I got birds from Betsy too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a lovely tradition. Your home is so cozy and festive. Such a gorgeous tree filled with so many treasures. Cute little knitted ornmanet. :) And I love the shakers Betsy sent you. Happy Thursday!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such fun! I love seeing pictures from your Sisters Christmas luncheon each year. Your house looks so cozy and inviting Teresa. The salt & pepper shakers from Betsy are just darling and your advent gifts continue to be wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a lovely tradition to get together with your sisters each year. School has just finished for the year so we're about to crank up the festivities around here. xx Susan

    ReplyDelete
  12. #1 I am SO proud of your knitting a cowl!!!!!!! Your house is a wonderland. I want to just sit in it and listen to carols and knit. I Love a good ham. My kids don't so we don't get it often. Then I make bean soup with the bone. I m trying to find buckwheat honey for Fireman. He's wanted some for awhile and I cannot get it at our farmers markets this year. I went on line...and WALMART? carries it. What do you thinK of that?

    ReplyDelete
  13. You and your sisters seem so close. I love this tradition you all have created. your home is perfect!! Cozy and festive... I would love to start something like this how fun

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your house looks so pretty and inviting. I love your decorations. What a wonderful tradition with your sisters. Hubby is visiting his mother today so I've been sitting at the sewing machine finishing up some Christmas gifts.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your sister's luncheon looks so fun, Teresa! Your home is so warm and inviting all dressed up for Christmas. Your Jim Shore pieces are so sweet. And your tree is beautiful! What a wonderful tradition you all have. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wonderful post Teresa. Today we visited a National Trust property, Tyntesfield, near Bristol in the UK. Whilst walking around I thought of the photos and description that you would share. It is a large Victorian House and estate, this week featuring " A Victorian Christmas". Jacki

    ReplyDelete
  17. Good morning.
    It is currently morning of Japan time 14th.
    Christmas As "Chapproached, the town became gorgeous".
    Christmas song flows, and a roadside tree is displayed with gorgeous neon.
    I am excited just to walk the town. "
    Ryoma.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Merry xmas to you all, although think I already commented but disappeared lol
    Gorgeous photos to admire as usual xoxo

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love comments and thank you so much for taking time to leave me a note. :-)