Monday, December 24, 2018

The Stockings are Hung by the Chimney with Care

All the gifts are wrapped and 2 beef roasts are going into the oven as I type.. our son and his family will be arriving right before dinner and then we'll retire to the living room, light the fire and open gifts and enjoy a very merry Christmas.  There will be eight of us around the table and then by the hearth.  


Stockings for the 3 grandsons are hung by the fire.  



A bit of excitement, I am going to crochet a new blanket in Lucy at Attic24 "Crochet-A-Long" (CAL).  I fell in love with the pretty colors in her Sweet Pea Trellis project.  


I ordered the color pack from Wool Warehouse in England and it arrived 3 days ago.  The CAL starts on January 4th, 2019.



The colors she selected perfectly match sweet pea flowers and the greens are the vines and leaves.


Aren't these gorgeous colors?


This is my "Lucy Bag".. she has inspired literally thousands of people all around the globe to crochet using bright and happy colors in blankets, cushions, ornaments and many things.


This is my nearly finished Lucy designed Woodland blanket.  It's very autumn colored, the new one will be very spring-y.


Advent calendar gift #22.


A pretty pale yellow and white speckled yarn.  


#23 (I guess.. the dog opened it..) :-)


I waited until today to open this.. a pretty snowflake lotion bar!!  The name of the aroma is "Pomander" with beeswax,  coconut oil, shea butter, lanolin, essential oils of orange, clove and Siberian fir needle.  It smells wonderful!


#24 (I think, the dog opened it and messed up the dried flowers on it.. ) an ornament!  :-)


I finally got all my Dept 56 North Pole Village houses lit up and added a few more pieces.  This makes me so happy! 



New this year is my tree lot.. it has a battery power street light.. I just love this.


A new piece.. I have to blame my sister Denise.. who's just this year and last started a collection of Dicken's Village pieces.. she got a lighthouse and the light circles like a real one and encouraged me to get one too.. WELL.. so I googled North Pole lighthouse and sure enough, they had this one called "Light the Way - Santa's Beacon".. it was a retired piece but I found one on Amazon.. isn't it cool?



And then because Dayle was a railroad engineer for 34 years I just had to get the Northern Lights Express train and tracks.


I got this "Selfie Elf" a few years ago and have him on the edge of the skating pond.. imagine the skaters moving as they actually do.. with magnets moving under the "ice".



Also new last year is the "Canine Couriers Dog Sled".



Cute, huh?



The Caboose Cafe and Northwind Knitters shop.



A comment was left recently asking if I decorate other rooms and yes I do!  Here are the things on the new entry cabinet.


All set.. the kids are on their way over.. the fire is laid but not lit yet.. soon the energy level will rise.. LOL!


A quick snap of Buddy asked me if he can sit on my lap.. well come on up my little beloved dog!!  Hurry, a new puppy will arrive soon.  :-)



And so my dear beloved readers, I am wishing for you a happy and contented Christmas.. and if you don't celebrate I still wish for you a happy new year and love in your life.

************************************
 *M*E*R*R*Y* * *C*H*R*I*S*T*M*A*S*!*
************************************

((hugs)), Teresa :-) 

12 comments:

  1. Teresa, I love all of your decorations. Especially the knitters village. Your new blanket kit looks wonderful. I can’t wait to watch you make progress on it. Dennis and I wish you and Dayle and your family a wonderful, wonderful Christmas.

    Blessings, Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your house looks lovely.Really festive.I am also doing the Sweet Pea blanket.Happy Christmas.love Barbarax

    ReplyDelete
  3. Merry Christmas! Your home looks so warm and cozy, and Christmas y too!
    Have a wonderful time with your family and a great New year!
    Love your crochet pieces, they are lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh those decorations are awesome and know you will behaving a fabulous evening together 💖💖

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your decorations are a fantasy land . . . so beautiful! Love your little pup.

    Merry Christmas, Teresa. I'm so glad I found your blog this year.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The yarn colors are nice colors. I pulled out the turkey from the freezer and will cook it tomorrow for our dinner for 3. Megan works til 5 at Safeway which is when they close. Open gifts in a.m. Your house looks so pretty with all the decor. Nice lighthouse too! ***MERRY CHRISTMAS***Enjoy your family gathering!!***🎄🍰

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your Christmas village. The lighthouse is perfect! I'm sure it was a wonderful Christmas Eve. The colors in your upcoming CAL are so pretty ... January 4th is my husband's birthday -- he's in disbelief that he's turning 60. :) Wishing you and yours a very merry Christmas day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Merry Christmas, Teresa, and may your 2019 be a year of blessings! I stumbled onto your blog when you were blogging Vancouver Island awhile back. We get there two or three times as year as our daughter often works a the Festival Theater in Chemainus. Although I don't knit or crochet, I feel we have lots in common with keeping a pretty home, decorating for Christmas, loving family, loving pets. I wanted to mention on a previous post that I love how you wrap packages. I never, ever put gifts in Dollarama bags and say "done." I love buying beautiful two sided paper from England, but I admit, it's used for people who I know care about things like that. I hope you are having a terrific day with family.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Merry Christmas, Teresa! Your house looks beautiful as always at this time of year. What pretty colours for the CAL, and how exciting to get yarn from England!

    Hope you all had a lovely day together. Best wishes for a happy and healthy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks like you were all ready for a wonderful and festive time with your family. I love the colors of that blanket and yet again I have to say I am jealous of the Advent gifts from Alicia. So glad you are my friend Teresa. Much love is being sent your way.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm sorry I'm a little late but know I was wishing you a very merry Christmas. Anne X

    ReplyDelete
  12. The colors of your new blanket are gorgeous! So glad you are making so many good memories with your family in this season....except for the Shredder! xx

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love comments and thank you so much for taking time to leave me a note. :-)