Wednesday, January 30, 2019

Lilies and Snowdrops

Is there anything more transfixing than a sunlit Stargazer Lily?  And you would not believe the exotic perfume emanating from these flowers.


These flowers have lasted so well!


This little table is part of my "nest".  It's where I put my laptop, iPad, phone and other accoutrement.  Many people who are on the "Moorland and More" (blanket by Lucy) Facebook page are getting metal trolleys for their crochet.. I am seriously thinking of getting one too.  I have a stash of dry roasted peanuts for me and treats for Mocha, a jar of my collection of vintage faux tortoise shell knitting needles, a candle holder, Jim Shore sailboat.. AND.. 5 new skeins of baby alpaca I ordered from KnitPicks for making a fair isle knitted winter beret.  


I am in love with these wintery colors.. what do you think?  Would you have added the dark green also available?



I ordered this acrylic remote control organizer and affixed it to my cabinet, this is where I keep my silver crochet hooks,  scissors, magnifying glass, pens, pencils, nail file, etc.  I love this thing!


This is a photo of Meeka and Mocha having a face-off.  They chase each other around the closet that is in the center of the house, it's rather comical. 



Mocha is doing fine, she does have an issue with barking at each little noise, but we realize that she is still getting used to the sounds in our house.  What is funny if someone knocks on the door on TV she goes nuts.  LOL!  Another challenge is we have our meals in our easy chairs while watching tv and she jumps up on my lap and tries to get at my Bagel or whatever.  But we're working with her on that.  Here she is saying hello to me.



Miss Mocha in her usual spot.  Keeping an eye on us.  :-)


We've had two sunny days which is nice as the forecast is for rain and maybe even snow.  This is my view as I type to you.



And look!  Our Snowdrops are blooming!  We have patches of them all over our farm yard.


I am not falling for this.. winter is far from over.. but I do adore these little darlings.



I had to snap a photo of miss Meeka yesterday, she looked so fetching.  The boys have had to move her food upstairs as the puppy can't eat her kibble and she can't eat the puppy meals and we had to put up a gate to keep them apart at times.  



It's a swim day.. I'm so glad the sun is shining.  Then a little visit to Michael's to look at their trolleys.  Shhh.. don't tell Dayle.. he has informed me that "You don't need one of those."  And my friends, that's all I needed for encouragement.  LOL!

((hugs)), Teresa :-) 

14 comments:

  1. I love your little "nest". Will the trolley take its place or is it going somewhere else? (See? I know you are going to get one!!) Mocha is such a sweetie... it takes some time for them to adjust and settle in. I have a Stargazer in my flower garden, I think it's my favorite flower!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The colors of yarn are pretty together. I don't think I would have added green.

    Meeka is gorgeous! I'm betting Mocha will learn her manners right quick.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL poor Dayle, but I await to just see that trolley lol My stuff is all over our couch but then there is just us 2 here. Love that the doggies have fun together. Enjoy that swimming Teresa I admire your determination. Here we do go on a walk everyday weather permitting xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are so funny, Teresa! I'm pretty sure we're going to see a trolley on this blog soon! Little Mocha is darling and Meeka is being helpful in the training--Such a pretty German Shephard. I love your snowdrops--I don't have any and I must do something about that! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your yarn colors are lovely - I see them as ocean or nautical colors that remind me of the rocky shore, sandy beach and ever changing seas at our condo at Otter crest. I love seeing things you create and collect - you exude happiness!!! And the pups - both totally adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Teresa!

    I’m writing this comment on my new MacBook Air! I think I have it pretty much set up and ready to go. I keep trying to scroll up and down by touching the screen like you do on the iPad and iPhone and our other laptop computer. It is a lot different than the other laptop, but I know it will just take some getting used to. I am enjoying it, although for some reason, I still can’t comment on several different blogs, yours being one of them. Who knows!

    Anyway, I did enjoy your post today and I’m pretty sure I know what those little carts are that you’re talking about. Michaels had them 50% off the first couple weeks of January. I don’t know if they’re still on sale or not. I have also seen them at IKEA. I’m seeing those in a lot of blogs and podcasts too. I enjoyed seeing the little glimpse of your nest. I have one too and Dennis makes fun of it all of the time. He says I make nests everywhere I go. In the summertime I have one next to my chair in the trailer.

    I also enjoyed seeing all the photos of Meeka and Mocha. I have the same problem with Frannie the cat jumping up in my lap while I’m eating. Chloe wouldn’t dream of it, but the cat has no such qualms. I push her off the chair and she jumps back up and sticks her nose right in my plate and I push her off again, rinse and repeat! Ha!

    I think your new yarn from Knitpicks is beautiful. I think I like the five colors you chose without the dark green. I also really like your remote control organizer. I have all of that kind of stuff just stuck in with my knitting needles in a cup with the grandkids pictures on it on my table. But it’s way too much stuff in one cup I just don’t have anywhere to put an organizer like that. But it is a great idea.

    I hope you’re having a great day and you had a good swim. We had an absolutely amazing sunny day yesterday but today the fog has rolled back in again. It’s been the strangest winter. My sister texted this morning and is going to try to come out for a visit in March. She’s the one who just lost her husband last summer after a 20 year battle with his liver. She’s been going through a rough time after 40 years of marriage. They got married when she was just 16 years old. I’m looking forward to seeing her and there’s a possibility we may be coming over to the coast because she’s only been there once and just for one day. We’ll have to see. I think she only has a week off of work.
    Talk to you soon my friend.

    Blessings, Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely little nest and I love the yarn colours as they are with no green added but then I am a huge fan of seaside colours. I think the beret will look glorious.

    Mocha and Meeka are both so cute.
    Hugs-x-

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your yarn colors for your beret. I would not have added green. Those dogs - so cute. I know you must be so happy to have Mocha now. And your Stargazer blooms are gorgeous. the fragrance is nice...but sometimes over-powering for me.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stargazer lover here! GS dogs are so smart. Glad new pup is fitting in well!!! LUCKY DOG.
    I had to look up the crochet trolleys. IF it makes you happy and organized then go for it. im looking at a suitcase like little yarn /project keeper right now. Im ready to press the buy button

    ReplyDelete
  10. They are both adorable furry friends, I am sure they bring you so much joy. I did smile...I am sure there is going to be a trolley on your blog very soon. Loved the wonderful colours of yarn that you chose.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Mocha is settling in so well...lovely photos and great to see your snowdrops in flower. Hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. I’m loving your new puppy Mocha. Must be lovely to have a new dog. Those lilies are gorgeous. Have a good weekend. B x

    ReplyDelete
  13. If someone told me I didn't need something you know I would go and get it just to do it, but I think dear Dayle was kidding. Love the photos of the dogs, Mocha is a doll. My dogs don't beg but they do jump right on me and the sofa all at the same time. It can be a bit painful at times, but I love them so much.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Snow Drops are so pretty and encouraging as they bravely bloom in defiance of winter! I think the hat colors are pretty without the green. I am enjoying organizing my nest and watching you organize yours 🤗

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love comments and thank you so much for taking time to leave me a note. :-)