Wednesday, January 16, 2019

Little Houses and Sweet Pea Growing

Hello!  I posted a photo of my little painted house, the Florist shop on Monday.  I used to have them on the window ledge in our dining room but when we got new windows installed I had to take everything down and stow it.  So, I went into our "office/craft studio/episode-of-hoarders" room and found the box and dug around and rescued all my houses to share with you and they will go back on display.  This is my Christmas house with a fire in the hearth, a mantel hung with stockings, lighted candles and a wreath - and of course a lighted tree!  


I cleaned them all up and noticed that I signed and dated one of them.. I made them in 1990!  I have the florist, cafe, house and log cabin.



My cafe is decidedly Italian.. with red and white checked curtains and tablecloths, with candles burning in old chianti wine bottles and a chandelier.  :-)



This is my patriotic log cabin.  I had my woodworker friend Gary make me a dozen more 2x4 block houses and a dozen chimneys.  So, I'm getting the urge to paint more houses.  Guess what sprang to mind for the next one?  A yarn shop!!  :-)  I'm open for suggestions on other shops or houses.. what would you recommend?


This was me last evening.. a bit chilly so I spread my flowers in the snow blanket across my legs and feet while I crocheted on my Sweet Pea Trellis blanket.  I have 3 more rows of color to complete by Friday to keep up with the CAL (crochet-a-long) by Lucy at Attic24 blog.



This is where I am at the moment - this is folded over once, so it's twice as wide from what you see here.  I'm doing my own thing as far as organizing the colors but loosely following Lucy's color sample design.  She came up with 3 different designs for us to follow.  I think the design is brilliant, see the upright trellis designs.. then the little flowers?  I love it!


So.. what are you doing to keep yourself busy this fine January day?  I'm off to swim again.  They are predicting snow and ice here so this will be interesting.  Have a good one!  ((hugs)), Teresa :-) 

26 comments:

  1. Your little houses are adorable! I love the Italian cafe. That blanket you're making looks like such a fun project. Lovely colors. Stay warm. Pat ❄️❄️🎀❄️❄️

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your blanket Teresa. A few ladies at knit & natter are crocheting that blanket too. It's very pretty. Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your house are just darling! Love each of them♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your colorful blanket, Teresa. The little houses are darling. They each have a unique personality. Today I've been washing all of my depression glass and the cabinet in which they live. Big job, but done now! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. The houses are gorgeous Teresa, I hadn't seen them before. How about a bookshop? Winter is the best time for crocheting blankets I think, especially when they get big enough to keep you warm. Stay safe in the snow and ice. CJ xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the artistic style of your little houses, a yarn shop or haberdashery would be a wonderful addition. Enjoy your swim.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your houses and their stories are so special - thanks for sharing. We have gotten up to snow the last two mornings. Now it is misting rain but just 31 degrees, so ice might be on the menu for tonight around here.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the houses - they're so charming. I vote for a bakery! And a bookshop is a wonderful idea. Can't believe how quickly the blanket is coming along.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your little houses what a great idea what about a bakery and toy shop. Heather

    ReplyDelete
  10. So beautiful and colourful that blanket is Teresa and I love all of your little houses. Clever you painting them all.....here still hot and guess what? Yes have April and Cooper this saturday back in the city lol xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love those little houses. I have a collection of those somewhere around here..... Also love seeing your crochet work. Stay safe in the snow and ice. We might get some, but I would be surprised if it did happen.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think you need a butcher shop and a bakery. Maybe a post office too.

    ReplyDelete
  13. A yarn shop would be perfect! And I like the ideas of a bookstore and a bakery too. They are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I really like your block houses. A yarn shop will be a perfect addition. What about a bakery and a library? Your color choices look great on the blanket. I’m sitting here wrapped up in my crocheted shawl and two crocheted blankets on my lap along with a fire going! It seems like a damp chill that goes straight through you. I hope your swim was good and you got home before the snow.

    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  15. So enjoy admiring your artistry! I would like you to make a yarn shop and a bookstore and a bakery and an antique store. I knit some rows on a baby blanket today and got some chores done and am headed to bed early to catch up on some sleep! Hope you had a good swim :) xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Always good to look through old stuff - your little houses are cute. How about a chemist shop and a butcher shop? You could also do a bank, library and police station. The sweet pea blanket is lovely and those colours are amazing. Did you buy the kit - what is the yarn please? I'm currently loving Stylecraft DK. Too hot here for any big crochet projects - temp at the moment is 41degC which is 105.8F according to Siri. Thank goodness for air conditioning.

    ReplyDelete
  17. A yarn shop, bakery, bookshop, butcher, chemist and a greengrocer and a little house for me to move in please! They are lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I have a 'thing' for little houses and I absolutely love your hand painted ones.

    The blanket is looking beautiful.
    Hugs-x-

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your houses are super Teresa, you will get a whole town there. How about a Tea shop like Dotty's tea house! It's turned very chilly here. Enjoy your crochet. Hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh Teresa - such darling little houses. I agree with others: a yarn shop (for sure), a bakery, a library and/or book store and a butcher shop. You must show us as you make them. Meanwhile, your blanket(s) are so pretty - great way to keep warm in this chilly weather. I plan to cast on a new project at lunch today!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Your houses are gorgeous and you should add a book shop or a library. They reminded me that I have a few little houses about the size of yours that I bought years ago. There are little trees with them. I will have to dig to find them and then I'll put them on a window sill. Today I am reading. I can't keep my nose out of an incredible book "Wildwood" by Canadian author Elinor Florence.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Great houses. GREAT BLANKETS. Well this morning I am doing what I love. Slow wake up after feeding cats and finding Fezzik playing with a dead mouse. gag me. I am still in my pajamas at 11:47 and I dont care. Fireman doesnt like it. Well, if he'd let me get a dog, I'd be dressed and up early. Right? It is not like i haven't blogged, written, created, and made the grocery list for him

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love, love, love your little houses - you are so talented! How about a hair salon, antique store, general store, pet shop or even a school? Am loving your crochet too!
    Best wishes from the UK...

    ReplyDelete
  24. Oh, I just love those little houses! Are they painted on all sides? I would love to have a 360* view! I can't wait until you paint more! How about a shoe store, haberdashery, bakery, toy store or tea room? Oh the possibilities are endless!

    Grace & Peace,
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  25. Love the description of your office/craft room. Mind if I borrow it? It describes mine to a "t"!

    ReplyDelete
  26. It is the syncline hat on ravelry

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love comments and thank you so much for taking time to leave me a note. :-)