Friday, January 18, 2019

Sweet Pea and Hyacinth

Hello there!  Thanks for stopping by.  Want to see my completed 2 weeks of blanket in the Crochet-a-long I'm doing with Lucy at Attic24 blog.. and about 3,000 other crocheters around the world?  You do?  OK!  I must say I'm loving the pinkness of this!  I adore the Spring and floral colors and the way the greens bring in the leaves and stems.. almost watermelon colors.


Did you notice I dropped the maroon color in the 2nd repeat?  I like this without it.  In the next repeat I'm going to move the light lavender above the purples up to the lighter colors, it seems out of place with the deeper colors.  As you can tell this will not be a perfectly organized blanket.. but that fits my personality.  LOL!


Seeing it with my tablecloth makes me realize that the colors Lucy chose for this blanket fit right in with the bright colors I already love to have in our home.


I've been sewing in the ends as I go so I can actually use this as a blanket in between working on it.. and even when I am crocheting it warms my lap.  


Alas, our tulips faded and had to go into the bin, but I asked my dear husband to pick up some hyacinths the last time he went grocery shopping.  Yes, I am spoiled, he took over that duty when he retired.  He also cooks!  I tell myself that I did all of those chores for eons while he was working.


Oh how I love putting my nose close to these blooms for the aroma of natures perfume.


I'm not sure why these flowers flop like they have, but Dayle tied them up with some of my yarn.


We did not get the snow and ice that they said we "might" get but now they're saying it will rain all weekend.  Me.. I plan to crochet on my blanket.  But today I'm off to swim my laps.  Do you have any fun weekend plans?  ((hugs)), Teresa :-) 

17 comments:

  1. Vera and I are meeting up on Saturday morning, but once I get home, I'll be staying home until at least Monday. We are expecting a major ice storm Sunday. Not fun, but with plenty of knitting and soup on the menu, we'll be cozy and fine.

    Your crochet blanket looks VERY cozy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our weekend plans are to deal with all the snow we're supposed to get. Actually it isn't supposed to start until 3 or 4 on Saturday afternoon, but it will go all night and into Sunday. We're supposed to get 14-22 inches! Pete does all the cooking here, too. I also remind myself (and him) that I used to do it all when he was still working. And I do all the clean-up. Your blanket looks just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. When my husband retired I was happy. I did remind him that I would not be retiring from household duties and he very kindly helps me in a lot of ways around our home.
    Our daughter is coming on the train for a visit this next week. Glad she will be here before the snow storm hits up north.
    Your colorful blanket is lovely. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your blanket is coming along beautifully! We are expecting about 12 inches of snow starting tomorrow and going into Sunday. I plan to "hunker down" and knit my way through the storm!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your blanket is coming along very well. I agree with the changes in your color sequences. I think they will look wonderful. I meant go to Trader Joe’s to get some fresh flowers today when I was out, but I completely forgot. I love to have fresh flowers in the winter time.

    Dennis spoils me rotten and has done a lot of the housework over the last several months when my back is been so bad. I hope that will change with all of the physical therapy and now the injections. Thank you for all of the help that you give me all the time with my blog. I truly appreciate it. You’re a great friend to me. I hope you have a fun weekend.

    Blessings, Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your colorful post is a joy to behold! Thank you for publishing it! Carolyn has been given several pots of bulbs and we really enjoyed watching them leap skyward. I want to get some bulbs, too. Tomorrow in the mini-van I plan to pick up the sleep sofa I ordered and then Gary and Lis are going to stop by to help unload it...so grateful! Happy weekend! xxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your blanket is coming along beautifully. I love the amazing colour mix, it really does go with your beautiful colour choices of your home. No real plans as yet, certainly a little crochet will be on the agenda.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You’re making good progress with your blanket; it’s lovely the way it keeps you warm as you work. I’ve not had much luck with the hyacinths I’ve bought this year. Not a good year for them and they do always flop just as they are looking perfect! Have a lovely weekend. B x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your blanket is looking so beautiful Teresa, and you are right, I do think the colours are very "you". I'm waiting for some red hyacinths to come into flower, I'm so excited to see them but they are growing veeeeery slowly at the moment. Lovely to visit with you as always xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. your afghan is pretty and cozy looking too! I'm not doing much as I'm recovering from root canal yesterday, but little pain but still a bit tired. Lunch out, head to Trader Joes then home after church. Rained some today...alot yesterday on our way home from dental appt. Glad Megan was driving! Have a good weekend! x--x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your blanket looks wonderful Teresa. I love the colors. Wow, 3,000 people making that blanket is amazing! I bet Style Craft yarn is so happy with Lucy!!!!! You have picked the perfect color pack, it is gorgeous. Enjoy your Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your blanket. I actually do like the burgundy/maroon stripe in the first part but I like a mix of light and dark shades, but you’ve got to like it so I don’t blame you for omitting it if it’s not working for you.

    Rachel (https://thelittleroomofrachell.com)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi,your blanket is looking so pretty,love the colours.I like Hyacinths too and yes they do drop,I wonder why but I still love them.Great photos as always.Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely post Teresa as always. Here we looked after April and Cooper xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your blanket is looking gorgeous! It's too hot for blankets here. I thinks it's supposed to be 36c here tomorrow and I'll probably take the kids to the beach in the morning for a swim before it gets too hot. I do love the sweet pea colours. They remind me of Spring.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Teresa, Sue at Mrs Micawbers Recipe for happiness has a cute new hat pattern for crochet. I thought you'd want to look at her photos . Cute hats!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi i have oredered my yarn for Lucy's sweetpea blanket i like the way you have done the colours for your blanket i'm not sure about what goes where yet but i do like the way you have done the colours how may packs of yarn did you buy for your blanket

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love comments and thank you so much for taking time to leave me a note. :-)