Friday, March 29, 2019

🐣 Easter Explosion 🐥

🐣 I have brought out my Easter decorations and my goodness.. I have collected a lot of cute things!  LOL!!  I'm not embarrassed or apologetic.  I love them. 🐥  

Michael picked me a little bouquet of wild Violets yesterday which I placed in one of my vintage Devon Violet perfume bottles.  They smell so wonderful!


Almost all of the things on the table.. lol.


My first vintage clay bottle is on the left.. then last year I found the one on the right on eBay or Etsy.. with the original stopper and even the lavender ribbon.. which had seen better days.


See the name on the one on the right?  As a potter I can tell you that they glazed the bottle and then let it dry, then used a pointed tool to etch out the words before it was fired.  Neat, huh?


OK.. now to show you some of my newer cuties.. how about this little girl in a chicken suit carrying a tiny basket of eggs?  :-)


These 3 came together and are named Easter Kids Parade by Bethany Lowe.  Sooo cute!


My little collection of Royal Doulton Bunny figurines, the newest is on the left.. Vintage Royal Doulton Bunnykins "Daisie Bunnykins".


Kristi surprised me with this cute bunny last year.


The bunny on the left I actually made in art class when I was in 7th or 8th grade when I was 12 or so.  It's ceramic and I sanded the mold marks off, glazed and painted it.  You stick cotton inside and pull it out of the tail to use.. so funny.


Here is my vintage glass bunny that came filled with candy from the 1940s!  As old as I am or even older!  I filled this with colorful jelly bean eggs for fun.


My basket filled with my own crocheted Easter eggs.


At our White Elephant sale at our last Portland Women's Forum meeting I picked up this set of woven baskets that my friend Shirley brought for the sale.  Someone else brought these cute little egg ornaments which I snagged for a quarter a bag.  :-)


These little eggs have cute vintage looking transfers on them.


And two bags of little painted wooden eggs and a fuzzy bunny.


Here is a birthday gift Shirley gave me which is a cast iron bunny holding two metal woven baskets.


Yesterday was so nice that I orchestrated a deck clean-up.  I swept some leaves, asked Michael to carry some things down to the garage, tie the deck chair cushions on and trim off the spent flowers on my hydrangea and then trim the dead leaves off our ornamental grass by the bird feeder.  I gave him some spending money for the help.  :-)


He also cut and pulled out some blackberry shoots and pulled some potted plants out of the grass.  


All the while we were getting the deck area tidied up, Dayle was driving the tractor around the pasture and into the woods to haul out fallen limbs and carry them to the burn pile.  He also was mowing the pasture while he was at it.  A very productive afternoon.



I'm so enjoying the sweet nature of Mocha.  She hops up on the footrest of my chair and enjoys a petting from me while I'm working on my laptop.  Which is what Buddy would do.  She has really filled the hole in my life left with the loss of our little dog we loved for 15 years.


I'm late posting today as we attended a Volunteer Training Workshop for the Friends of Multnomah Falls this morning.  It was held in the beautiful ballroom of McMenamin's Edgefield.  I  will show you some photos on my next post.  :-)

Happy Spring!!  🐣  ((hugs)), Teresa :-) 

14 comments:

  1. Oh love that clay pot and is very special to me as Paul's uncle lives in Devon, Torquay London and we have been there twice ♥ Love all of your special decorations Teresa ♥Also love those crochet eggs, must make some myself lol Michael sure looks happy to help you. Sweet Mocha xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Teresa,

    I thought I’d drop a quick note before I head off to bed. We unexpectedly went out to dinner tonight with some friends and so I am late catching up on blogs, as they came home after dinner and we visited for a few hours. I enjoyed seeing all of your Easter decorations again. I love your newest Little blue bunny. So sweet. You’re amassing quite a collection of spring decor. I always wonder where you find places to store all of your beautiful collections. I struggle with that myself and I don’t have very much.

    We had a very gray and rainy day here both today and yesterday, so not much yard work is getting done but tomorrow is supposed to be beautiful. We’re going out to breakfast with friends and then taking a drive over to Idaho and visiting Camping World on the way. I’m hoping the snow will start melting up at the lake before too long and I can be in my beloved trailer once again.

    I hope you have a wonderful weekend and tell Dayle hello for us.

    Blessings, Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  3. My goodness what a wonderful collection of Easter decor you have, each one bringing its own joy and memories for you. We have yet to make a start on our garden, so you are ahead of us in that regard. I have sorted out all our decorations but have yet to arrange them. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved seeing your beautiful Easter decorations. And, Mocha is a sweetheart. Enjoy your Saturday. 🐇🐇🐇

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mocha has such a sweet face. It doesn't take long to fall in love with them, does it? I was completely smitten with Giroux from the first moment I carried him over the door step.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so thrilled that lil dog has captured your heart and helped it heal!!!!! I love your bunnies one and all. Oh my gosh. Your collections are unique and precious Teresa! I had a Barn meeting this a.m.
    I have to email you about a situation you could shed some light on...re ;volunteering

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have quite a collection of lovely Easter decor, Teresa! I love the little bunny with the cotton tail you made as a child! Darling...Every piece is sweet. I'm glad the warm days are coming your way and you have a helper in your garden. Mocha is irresistible!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your Easter decorations and as usual am in awe that you have somewhere to display and store all of your lovely seasonal things. My house is too small with not much storage room so Christmas is really the only celebration we truly decorate for. Mocha really is the sweetest dog. xx Susan

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your table is such fun Teresa, so many sweet things! Enjoy all the spring clearing and have a lovely Sunday, it's Mother's day here in the UK.. Happy Mother's day! Hugs xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Glad you are getting so much done. It is nice to have a big strong young man to help. Mocha is adorable. Have a wonderful week.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy Spring! You are making a great start in enjoying the season...decorating inside and out. Friday Lis and I drove south to Sonoma, CA to visit my nieces and pick up old family albums Lis has agreed to digitize and sort through. Now Lis is driving us back to OR. We stopped at a vista point and enjoyed taking some photos of Mt.Shasta nicely covered in snow. Have a happy week 🤗

    ReplyDelete
  12. Always enjoy seeing your seasonal decorations. Hugs Anne X

    ReplyDelete
  13. Teresa , Please thank Dayle for his service to this Great country we live in. Im so glad he came home safely. Welcome home

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such a Spring-filled post. Your table looks so pretty Teresa. Nice to finally have a day or two where you can be outside comfortably isn't it? Hope your weekend was a good one.

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love comments and thank you so much for taking time to leave me a note. :-)