Friday, April 26, 2019

🌊 Celebrating at the Beach 🌊

🌊 We are really enjoying our time at the coast.  I found something I'd been eyeing for a few years, a driftwood hanging.  It looks perfect next to the door in the caravan.  :-)


I think the trailer/caravan is so much cozier with artworks and crocheted blankets and pillows around.  



I might hang it on our gazebo at home for the summer.


We visited a plant nursery to look for sea oats, a nautical grass plant, and I saw this in the shop and snapped it up.



My sister Denise was here on Tuesday and Wednesday and here we are at Kyllo's for lunch before she headed home.  She spent one night in Taft and hung out with us for 2 days.  She's a precious sister.



We've spent a lot of down time in the trailer watching for whale's spouting right out of our picture window.  Our darling little Mocha has fit right in as a beach dog.  This is how she cuddles in and sits with me.  :-)

t

Yesterday we had my birthday lunch at Tidal Raves in Depoe Bay with fellow blogger Betsy and her husband Dennis.  We enjoyed the lunch and mostly the chatting.  :-) 


The waiter treated me to a warm cookie, vanilla ice cream, a lit candle and 4 spoons.  :-)  We hugged them goodbye on our way out as they headed home this morning.  

  
After lunch we watched for whales spouting at Depoe Bay, then drove south a bit so I could take a photo of this wonderful concrete totem pole.  I just love this.



It is a native person, I like to think it's a woman, all dressed in native regalia, a blanket with local native motifs, a carved rattle and hat.



It guards the entrance to Little Whale Cove, a gated community.



Then on south on Hwy 101 to see my favorite stone house that sits on a cliff with an amazing view of the Pacific Ocean.. there is a waterfall into the ocean here that I also love to snap a photo of.



It's pretty cool to have a waterfall flowing into the ocean.



Here is Cragganmore, the stone house of my dreams.


Next stop was to pick up a new toaster for the trailer.  I asked Dayle to get a red one.. lol.. and look what he found?  It's called the "Retro Series".  I just love it and it reminds me of a mid-century luxury car, two tone with chrome bumpers.  :-)


The sunset on Wednesday was the best of the week so far.



Such pretty colors in the sky!



Last night's sunset was majorly pale compared to the other one.


I just snapped this of Mocha looking out the window.  LOL!  Another sunny day.  We're heading out soon to find some lunch and see what kind of adventures we can find.  :-)  I've seen 4 or 5 whales spouting and one's back as it rose to the surface right out there!


On a sad note, my friend Sally passed away this morning.  I remember 4 years ago she told me she dearly wanted to visit the beach again.  A bunch of her friends pitched in some $ for her to go on a trip after her retirement from Vista House.  So I booked us a hotel and drove us down and I took her to all my favorite places and she told me stories of how her family came down here often as a child.  She had not been to the beach for 20 years when I brought her here.  I'm so glad we gave her this trip down memory lane.  Click HERE to see our first day and HERE to see our second day adventure with Sally.

If you have a special friend, make sure you see them and tell them you love them.  You never know when you might lose them.  ((hugs)), Teresa :-) 

14 comments:

  1. What an amazing time you have Teresa. Lovely that you could meet up with Betsy and her husband.
    I just adore the driftwood hanging.
    Beautiful sunset there.
    Love the new toaster!
    So sad to hear the news about your friend, hugs. Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Arh Mocha is so cute, very suited to holiday life with you. Such a beautiful sunset. Sorry to hear about your friend but glad you have fond memories of making her happy. Cx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Teresa! Again, I'm sorry to hear of Sally's passing. It sounds as if you two had a special friendship. How was your lunch at the Otis Cafe? We're still driving. We're in Washington now and have been driving since 8:45 with a stop at Multnomah Falls and before that Troutdale to pick up a jade plant at the Antique store where we saw them last Saturday. We have about 2 1/2 more hours to go.

    I love your driftwood hanger. It looks right at home in the caravan and you know I agree wholeheartedly with having crocheted blankets and pillows. Dayle did a great job picking out the toaster. I love the style.
    It was SO good to see both of you. Hopefully it won't be so long before we're back again.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sad to hear about your dear friend Sally ♥ You have so many memories to treasure and gave her a wonderful time to express her memories while away together. Love all your pics of course and Mocha sure looks like she loves it all too. Here very cold and a bit of rain. Going to farmers market today xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Teresa, I'm so sorry you've lost your friend Sally. How wonderful that you were able to fulfill her wish. And a good reminder to make sure we let people know how much we love them.

    That picture of Mocha looking out the window is just precious!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Teresa, I'm so sorry to hear about your friend's passing. I'm so glad you were able to take her to the beach. Telling those we love how we feel about them is so important.
    I love the views of the gorgeous ocean! How neat to be able to park right by the ocean and view whales in your caravan. Your new driftwood piece looks right at home.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for introducing me to Sally years ago at Vista House. I have admired her through your eyes since then, and am so glad you had a dear friendship filled with good memories.
    Dayle, you did a great job picking out the toaster, and the driftwood hanging is lovely. It is wonderful your were able to see whales, and I love to see the special sights that you appreciate. Sending you both love and hugs, and am so grateful for your friendship.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The perfect location to enjoy your birthday. Happy Birthday by the way. Loving your sunsets. B x

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a wonderful trip you are enjoying Teresa and Mocha just fits in perfectly bless her. So sorry to hear about your dear friend, life is so very short and precious. My best friend and I tell one another how much we love one another every time we meet...our 47 year friendship is so precious. Enjoy your weekend, hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sorry to hear of the sad loss...so glad you got to take a trip down memory lane though...beautiful and heavenly views...reminds me of the area around Cornwall in the U.K. best wishes x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Dear Teresa,

    I’ve just read your latest blog post and I’m so sorry to read of the death of your friend. I also went back to read about your trip, which I remember well, you really did give her a good time away. It’s incredibly sad that she hadn’t been to see the sea for 25 years and so I’m glad that she had the opportunity with you.

    Very best wishes,

    Rachel

    The Little Room of Rachell

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh I'm so sorry Teresa about your Sally. So sad. Keep her memories close to your dear heart. I love that Mocha is so clearly your dog. She is amazing. Happy Birthday Lady ! I'd love that dessert! Always love your photos. They are spectacular. !

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a wonderful time you are having on your lovely beach trip Teresa! Happy belated Birthday wishes! Such great photos...love your driftwood hanging, it looks perfect there! And little Mocha looks so happy to be with you at the coast too. Glad you had your sweet sister to visit, and your friends too.
    So sorry to read about the loss of your friend Sally...so sad. Life is precious and we have to make the most of it....glad you have such happy memories of your friend. Enjoy the rest of your stay. XXX

    ReplyDelete
  14. Teresa, I am so sorry at your loss. Sally sounds wonderful and how kind of you to take her to the beach to see it again. Your trip sounds amazing and I am so glad you, Dayle and Mocha have enjoyed yourselves.

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love comments and thank you so much for taking time to leave me a note. :-)