Monday, April 29, 2019

More Sunny Days at the Beach

It's been a heck of a time here at the beach for us, waking up to sunny beautiful days.  This is the ocean from the door of our caravan.  The Pacific Ocean as far as the eye can see.  If I sailed straight west from here I'd reach Asia.  Thanks, Google. :-)


Looking south.. Australia is down there.. hi Wendy, Dorothy and Susan!  :-)  We used to park our caravan on the front row but you ended up looking at the trailer next to you.. now we look out at the sea.. much better.



Yes, this is a better view.



On Saturday we headed out on our daily safari to find a hot meal.. around 2-3 pm. We fix our own coffee and breakfast in the caravan but we like to get out and about and see some of the beautiful scenery each day.  This day we drove north to have lunch at this tiny cafe.  At one point the whole town of Otis was for sale.  LOL!



The inside of this cute cafe.. 4 booths and 1 table and a lunch counter with 4 stools.  :-)



I had a bacon, mushroom cheeseburger, they even bake their own buns.  Dayle had biscuits and gravy, eggs over easy and a big pancake with syrup.  LOL!


After lunch I asked a local on his bike at the tiny Post Office directions to Pacific City.  I obviously was confused and took the "scenic route" over a mountain through deep forests and a very bumpy road.. fortunately we made it out the other side without meeting any bears or a bigfoot.



We pulled into the public beach of Pacific City.


This huge big rock out in the sea is Haystack Rock.  Yes, we have two of them.  :-)


The rock is backlit by the sun in this shot so you can't see the texture of it, but I do like the sparkling sea around it.


When we returned "home" the sun was slanting in illuminating the table decorations.  *snap*


Day is done, gone the sun...



Sunday dawned to another gorgeous warm day.  Such a relaxing week.


I did some tidying up on Sunday and thought I'd snap a few photos of the interior of our home away from home.  The kitchen is really roomy which is one of the reasons I fell in love with this model of travel trailer.



I spread my Sweet Pea Trellis blanket over the sofa and it goes pretty well with the pillow I made years ago.


The dining area and our two recliners.  My small lap blankets add color and homey-ness to the place.  Mocha's crate and her toys.



I just did a little photo shoot of the bedroom.. including spreading the Sweet Pea blanket over the bed and putting my crocheted pillows on top.  It's a pretty comfortable bed.


Someone asked where the bathroom is so I snapped a photo of it.  There is a door so it's private.  


And here is the bath sink and shower - it's between the lounge and the bedroom.  


The lounge where we spend so many peaceful hours watching the ocean waves and sea gulls flying by.

What you see when you enter.  It's amazing what you can have in a small space.. the two slide-outs make it so much roomier.



Another sunset.. our 10th.  Two more before we head home.




The sun really warms up our space as the big window faces west.



Little Mocha has really settled into enjoying our little home at the beach.  I wonder what she'll do when we go home?


We went to Momiji Sushi and Japanese restaurant for lunch yesterday, we had noodles with shrimp, beef and chicken which was delicious.  Then we drove into Taft to a public beach there and I walked over to get a few photos of the seals sunning on the beach.  To be honest the sun was in my eyes and I had no idea if I'd gotten a photo but I did.  This is the best beach to take children as it's protected from the ocean but you can still enjoy seeing it.


Zoooom.. snap.. hmmm.. oh.. I got the seals!  Cute fuzzy things.


Another nearly cloudless sunset but I do love the colors in the sky.


When Dayle walked Mocha this morning he came back all excited to tell me there is a dead whale on the beach in front of our caravan!  Oh my!



It's Monday now, our wonderful son Travis and DIL Kristi are bringing the boys down this evening after he gets home from work and they're staying in a motel.  They'll spend the next day visiting us and enjoying the beach, then on Wednesday they'll help us pack up and hook up the trailer to leave.  Travis will drive the trailer home for us.  Aren't they great kids?

I wonder what adventures we'll have today.  What are you up to?  ((hugs)), Teresa :-) 

20 comments:

  1. Enjoyed the tour of your trailer, very spacious and pretty with your sweetpea blanket. Mocha looks very much at home. Cx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have the yarn for the new blanket waiting for me at home.. yippee!!
      Hugs, T

      Delete
  2. Really enjoyed the tour of your cozy "home away From home"....am curious as to where the bathroom is located in your floor plan? We keep our trailer stored at Pismo Beach here in California since we don't have a tow vehicle and the storage yard transports the trailer to and from the site when we make reservations. Works great for us and we are right at the beach in our own little nest and not in a hotel!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Helen, I took a photo of where it is to show you, it's got a privacy door so you don't see it unless you open the door. :-)

      Delete
  3. As a girl were you part of CGIT? Christian Girls in Training? I'm not sure if it was a purely Canadian group or international. The United Church ran it up here and "day is done, gone the sun" was always the closing anthem.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Brenda, no I wasn't a part of the CGIT, but I did go to the US Girl Scouts summer camp and I loved that song and many other camp songs. :-)

      Delete
  4. The great weather seems to go on and one. This was one of our most enjoyable weeks at the coast as far as the weather went. So much sunshine that it was very hard to leave. Dennis and I ate in the booth on the right at the Otis Cafe last Wednesday and my burger looked much like yours, minus the bacon. :-) . Dennis had the bleu cheese burger.
    I am missing the coast and Dennis had to go back to work today. He called at noon and said it's crazy. Sometimes you have to wonder if vacation time is worth it when the work piles up while you're away.
    I adore your kitchen in your caravan. The entire trailer is so cozy and homey. I could have stayed and visited all day. Thank you for the warm welcome. I spy some new eggs in your basket! :-)
    Enjoy your last few days at the beach.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish you two could have spent another week here, you'd have enjoyed it. Glad you made it home safely. TK

      Delete
  5. Hello Teresa. Loved the tour. It looks huge to me! Would absolutely love it I know. My idea of a perfect holiday! Mocha is so sweet, glad she enjoys her 'home away from home' as well!
    Poor whale :-(
    Today I have been having a big tidy up. Tomorrow is Graham's ( DH) birthday. Yesterday was youngest son's. Next weekend we will, all being well be together to celebrate.
    Safe trip home. Hugs Anne x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Anne, *H*A*P*P*Y* * *B*I*R*T*H*D*A*Y*!*!*!* to Graham and your youngest son!

      Delete
  6. Hello Teresa, waving back at ya ♥ Fabulous rig you have and always enjoy a tour through it. Ours little 5th wheeler is coming home soon. Oh the poor whale but sure something to see. Yes your kids are awesome and great driving the rig home for you. Enjoy the last few days xoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've wondered why your trailer needed the repair.. was it too many bumpy roads?
      Hugs, T

      Delete
  7. I'd say you have the perfect caravan. All the comforts of home and a perfect view! I love the ocean and would be perfectly happy to be there. Sorry about the whale--I hope it was because of old age. So many seals--how pretty with the diamonds on the sea! That's great your son and his family is coming to help you all get home. You are blessed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are usually way more seals there.. most of them must have been out fishing!
      Hugs, T

      Delete
  8. Thanks to your beautiful posts I feel like I am enjoying time at the beach, too! I appreciate your efforts to post. I hope your poor whale does not become unpleasantly odoriferous! Yesterday I went to see the amazing movie, "Breakthrough." Then today I took the van to be checked and it looks like I need to have the signal mechanism repaired or replaced, but whatever else I have been doing I have been loving the sunshine and all the pretty flowers in bloom! So glad your great kids are coming to help you head home! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for enjoying my posts.. I look forward to visiting with you soon.
      Hugs, T

      Delete
  9. I'm waving back!!! What a gorgeous place to holiday and it sounds like you are all (including Mocha) having a wonderful time. I'm still playing nurse here with Rachel home from school after her appendix operation. She's mending well though which is good. xx Susan

    ReplyDelete
  10. Mocha darling mocha. Your homes are gorgeous. Wonderful sweet touches everywhere. Enjoy those grands!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your trailer. My husband and I have been thinking about getting one. Relaxing there and watching the ocean seems so peaceful. Good to catch up a bit. I haven't been home a lot, so I am missing my blog friends.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a great tour of your trailer. It almost felt like I was there. So glad you're having good weather and you sound so happy! Mocha just fits right in wherever she goes. Enjoy your last couple of days.

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love comments and thank you so much for taking time to leave me a note. :-)