Friday, April 5, 2019

Pretty Puppy and Celebrating Grands

Our darling little pup is now 10 months old and I finally convinced Dayle that we needed to get her groomed.  He liked her wild rough coat and I wanted some of the rough coat removed so she'd be softer to pet.  So, he took her to the groomer while I stayed home as we had our painter here.  I am SO pleased with how she turned out!!  Softer to the touch, more streamlined but still a Cairn rough coat look and you can see her eyes!


We're so pleased with how cuddly and sweet she is.  :-)



At our Portland Women's Forum meeting yesterday, our speaker was the historian from Edgefield who told us about the history of the poor farm, and some of the interesting people who lived there, how it later was a nursing home and jail.. at the same time!  I learned so much.  He showed many photos of how bad the condition of the building was before the McMenamin brothers bought it and rescued it.  A great program.



We celebrated the birthdays of our dear grandsons, Caleb and Hayden this week.  I only took one shot of them and H's eyes are closed.. note to self.. always take at least two photos.  LOL!  We took them out to dinner and told family stories, then came back to the farm to open their gifts from us.  Legos for Hayden and a selfie stick, tripod and microphone for Caleb who wants to make YouTube videos.


Our sunny weather went away and we're having rain.. which I know we need.. but all my daffodils I wanted to photograph are all wet and drooping.. lol.  But Dayle managed to get a photo of this one when he walked the dog.. wet much?  :-)


No big plans this weekend.. how about you?
((hugs)), Teresa :-) 

19 comments:

  1. Just relaxing - at least that's my plan. Mocha looks like a lady now:-) very sweet. Happy Birthday to your grandsons! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Run Toto Run! I don't know what kind of dog was in the Wizard of Oz but it reminds me of this little pup. Adorable photo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Toto was a black and gray Cairn.. our little girl is a Black Brindle.. which means her coloring on her body are striped with black, gray and brown. :-)

      Delete
  3. ๐ŸŽถHappy Birthday๐ŸŽถ Caleb and Hayden!! To me Mocha looks sweet and regal and well groomed. The photo Dayle got of the daffodils is beautiful! Thanks for posting. This weekend one of my hopes is to get my taxes submitted. I managed to get one glitch on my laptop unglitched and now am waiting for a DVD/CD player for the laptop to arrive via Amazon. ๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your pup looks so lovely. We had a grandson birthday last week too. Thanks for posting the flower photos...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday to your darling grands! Mocha is so darling with her new look. The daffodil is beautiful with the raindrops. We just returned home from the beach with our grands, so we'll be home this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. ๐ŸŽถhappy birthday dear boys ๐ŸŽถ๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ˜€ Gorgeous Mocha ๐Ÿ’–๐Ÿ’– Still in the city back home Sunday....have steam trains tooting past xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Birthday boys, time is just flying by. What a great job the groomer made of Mocha. Mickey is ready for cutting and brushing I am hoping to get him done over the weekend before the Grands arrive. Beautiful daffodil, Mother Nature at her finest.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mocha was already adorable but oh my word....even more so now that she has been groomed. She is a very pretty girl.
    Hugs-x-

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love Mocha's new look, so cute. Happy Birthday to the grandsons. The sun is out here so my weekend maybe spent outside. CN x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ive missed seeing those boys! Thanks for sharing them with us. Perfect gifts for them I think. I LOVE Dayles photograph! WOW. I wonder why you don't bathe your pup? She's so little. I think it would be easy. We even shave Tank on our own, but then you know that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We do bathe our dogs. But we take her to the groomer for her hair cut and nail trimming. We don't have the skills or tools to do as good of a job as the professionals do. :-)

      Delete
  11. Happy birthday to your grandsons! They are adorable and very good to pose for you. Mocha looks so sweet with her haircut! Love her expression, those eyes and that button nose. She is hard to resist!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sounds like an interesting lecture, especially seeing the photos of how the farm used to look. Those grandboys of yours sure are growing up. Mocha looks like a love.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a darling Mocha is..sweet girl! We have Bear staying for the day and he sends a woof! Happy bday to the boys they are growing up so fast. I demoed at the Crafting show in London at Alexandra Palace yesterday..such fun! Enjoy your Sunday Teresa. Hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Anniversary's and birthday's, so much to celebrate. And Mocha looks wonderful. My boys got a big trim yesterday, they look soooooo skinny now! Have a wonderful week Teresa with all of your beautiful blooms.

    ReplyDelete
  15. How sweet Mocha looks after her grooming session...really nice to see her cute face! Happy Birthday to your boys...they are growing so quickly. Love the photo Dayle took of the rainy narcissus. Have a happy week dear Teresa XXX

    ReplyDelete
  16. Happy Birthday to your grandsons!! I always keep clicking the capture button so I have plenty of photos to choose from. You can usually count on someone to have their eyes closed or mouth open because they're talking!! Mocha looks lovely. xx Susan

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love comments and thank you so much for taking time to leave me a note. :-)