Monday, April 15, 2019

Trilliums and Time with the Kids

Nothing says Spring more than when the Trilliums bloom in our little forest.  We took these photos from the French doors in our master bedroom that face the woods.  I say "we" because I got the camera and stood by while Dayle wedged the screen door open and took the photos for me.  LOL!  


This is our view from our room.. see the little Trilliums on the forest floor?  We battle the English Ivy which climbs the trees and chokes them to death.  In fact I wish nurseries would banish this ivy from sale as it's taking over whole forested areas here and killing the trees.  Please don't ever plant this in your garden.


Do you have Trilliums where you live?  It's important to never pick these as it can damage the rhizome and can kill the plant.



We were invited to dinner at our son and DIL's home on Friday.  Their puppy Ozzy was fun to hold as he's so soft and wiggly and cuddly and licky.. lol.  



My darling grandson Caleb drew a picture for me.. he asked me what he should draw and I suggested an Easter basket.  Didn't he do a fantastic job?  


Hayden showed me the Lego things he made from the kits we gave him for his birthday.  He even staged them in battle and took a photo of them with my iPhone.  He so enjoys playing with these.



Kristi made fried chicken, biscuits and had some deli salads with a buttermilk pie for dessert.  My son showed me this huge bush covered with red flowers, they didn't know what it was, I told him that it was a Camellia bush.  He picked a few flowers and sent them home with me.  A nice evening with our son and his family.



Dayle has been getting our trailer ready for a trip to the beach, we leave on Friday.  I'm excited to breathe in the sea air and visit our favorite places like the lighthouses.  You can expect some blog posts from there next week.  :-)
((hugs)), Teresa :-) 

14 comments:

  1. No we don't have those plants here as far as I know but we do have ivy. My neighbor planted some years ago and it is a constant battle stopping it wreck my wooden fence and choke everything.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ozzy looks a very handsome puppy, cuddly & sweet, beautiful flowers too. My sons (many years ago) would have loved playing with the lego. Enjoy your trip away, Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  3. A weekend well spent :-) Caleb's drawing is really nice, one to keep. I am not very fond of ivy, find it suffocating. We had an entire wall covered in the stuff and one of the first things I did when we moved here was to pull it all off. I must look out for trilium on my cycle ride to work, which takes me through woodlands. Wishing you a lovely trip on Friday xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing the lovely flower photos. English Ivy is awful when it invades. Tim worked so hard to pull it off of trees out on the Orient property. Caleb did do a great job drawing the Easter basket, and Hayden did well building with his Legos, as well. Our kids all enjoyed Legos, too...I still have a big basket of them for visiting kids to play with. I am looking forward to your birthday celebration days at the beach posts :-) Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  5. That Easter basket drawing is awesome - so are Caleb's curls! What a handsome boy. We don't have any English ivy, but around here there is a big problem with male bittersweet which does the same thing. It wraps itself through the trees and strangles them. It is nearly impossible to get rid of! Hope you have a wonderful trip to the beach.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm looking forward to the lighthouses you post, Teresa! Caleb is a darling child--I love his Easter basket drawing. We have trilliums in Va and you are so right--never pick them! And don't get me started on English ivy--evil, pure evil. We had a neighbor that planted it and it took over an area in our garden. It about killed me getting rid of it. Have a great get away!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh the trailer!! an artist and ozzy and all great spring photos > Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  8. We have lego battles here too which always seem to be very noisy! I think it gets too hot here for ivy but we have a similar problem with lantana which takes over everything and is nearly impossible to get rid of. It's not a well liked plant in our area. Enjoy your trip to the beach. xx Susan

    ReplyDelete
  9. Have a great time Teresa, ours is in for a mega fix up xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the Trilliums Teresa. Have fun at the coast, looking forward the lighthouse photos. CN x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love Trilliums! We do have them around here and my parents would always look for them on their walks/hikes. So nice that you have them on your property. I should try to put some in our woods!

    Your dinner and time with family sounds so nice. Enjoy your trip to the beach. We are getting ready to head out on our camping trip the following weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Well, it sure looks like Caleb inherited your artistry skills. That's a beautiful basket. Our grandkids all like legos too and we have several tubs here that belonged to Jamie and Alex that are well used when they visit.
    I'm looking forward to the ocean too. Wish we were bringing our trailer and we could camp together. Maybe someday soon. :-)
    See you next week. We'll be at D'Sands Sunday afternoon.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  13. We have Trillium here, but it is a small hike away, next to our natural springs. Such a beautiful flower. We have the red and white varieties.

    ReplyDelete
  14. No Trillium here so I will have to enjoy ours. Glad you had a wonderful time with your family. Ozzy is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love comments and thank you so much for taking time to leave me a note. :-)