Monday, May 13, 2019

A Lot Going On

I missed my last two blog posts, I usually check in on Monday, Wednesday and Friday.  But life got crazy on Wed. and I gave a eulogy for my friend Sally at her memorial service on Fri.  I have to say it was sweet when two of my blog friends emailed me to see if everything was okay.  Thank you Betsy and Gracie :-)  

I've been working on my Dune blanket, by Lucy at Attic24.  I arranged the colors from the bottom starting with the sandy beach, then the aqua of the ocean and deeper green on the horizon of the sea.. then the pinks of a sunset, turning to lavender and an evening blue sky at the top. I have 2 more blue colors to go.  Do you see what I'm painting with yarn?


I have decided to make two afghan sized blankets, one for each of my granddaughters who will be visiting this summer.  :-)


The Spring new green of the leaves on our pin oak tree amaze me and the Rhododendrons are open.. I will show you some close-ups of them on Wed.



My daughter Amy, in Ohio, sent me this bouquet of flowers for Mother's Day.  I am so enjoying seeing them on our dining table.  Thank you, Amy!  My son Shawn wished me Happy Mother's Day, twice.  :-)  And my son Travis brought over two big hanging baskets that we ordered and hung a mirror for me and brought my dear grandsons for a visit.  I got to Facetime with my two granddaughters in Ohio, too.  So a very nice Mother's Day for me.  Plus, Dayle took me out for a steak dinner.  


Sally's adopted granddaughter Dallas gave some of her things to her friends and I ended up with this antique brass mirror.    Each time I look in it I will talk to Sally.



We drove down to Sally's house last evening to pick up a few more things that Dallas wanted me to have and Sally's Wisteria was in bloom.  My grandson Hayden picked one for me and I have it on my table, it smells wonderful.  Do you think if I keep it in water it might send out roots?



I'm heading to the pool again today.. I started out easy and need to build up my stamina.  We've had a sunny streak but the rain is predicted to return.. I will have to photograph my flowers before it hits!  I hope you are well.
((hugs)), Teresa :-) 

17 comments:

  1. So sorry about your friend Teresa. It's lovely that you have something to remember her by. Your garden always looks glorious at this time of year, I hope the flowers survive the rain. Nice work on the blanket, the colours are gorgeous, perfectly dune-like, and I love the texture of that stitch. I really wish I could crochet nicely! CJ xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for another lovely post, Teresa. I especially appreciate your effort to share this with us knowing of your loss, and yet celebration of Sally's life. I am glad you had a good time on Mother's Day. I will be interested to see if your Wisteria will grow roots. I love the afghan colors and pattern you are making for the girls!! Will you stop by after swimming today? :-) xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good to hear from you Teresa. So sorry for your lost of a friend. You are making another beautiful and colorful piece...the artist in you is coming out. Glad you had a nice Mother's Day. It is cold and wet here! Where is May???

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sorry about your friend Teresa, it's lovely that you have such fond memories though. Your dune blanket is looking great, pretty colours and fine crochet work. Such beautiful flowers, have a good week, Cx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Teresa, the color combination you've chosen is beautiful. It certainly does remind me of the ocean. I'm glad that you have something to remember your dear friend Sally with. The mirror will be a lovely reminder each time you see it. Memories like this are why I have such a difficult time doing the minimizing thing that's so poplular. Much of what we have has memories attached of the person who gave it to us or the place we were when we found it. For example, the glass float you gave me sits under a painting of the coastline in France, painted by a good friend. Each time I see both items I think of you and of Fabrice. I could never part with either one.
    It will be fun to see if your wisteria grows roots. So far my jade plant I bought in Troutdale at the antique store is still alive...but then it's only been a couple of weeks. Ha!
    I'm glad you had such a good Mother's Day. I heard from all of our children too. That was really nice. Piper, (Mandy), sent me chocolate and pictures. In the late afternoon we headed back to the lake which is where I am right now, sitting in my trailer. Rain is supposed to arrive later this week so I'm enjoying it while I can. Have a wonderful afternoon my friend.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good to see you back! Your blankets are always so nice. Im glad you had a good Mothers Day Teresa!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful mirror and such a lovely way to remember your friend. I'm glad you had a wonderful mother's day as well. Spending special time with your family is such a blessing after losing a close friend. xx Susan

    ReplyDelete
  8. So sorry for the loss of your friend, Sally. The mirror is a nice remembrance and it was kind of her granddaughter to make sure her friends had something to remember her by. Your dune blanket is so summery and the pattern is just beautiful. Your granddaughters will love them, I'm sure. I'm determined to take a couple of crochet lessons this summer, and then maybe I'll give one of Lucy's blankets a try.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's nice to hear from you, Teresa. I don't post as often as you, but I did wonder why I didn't see one from you. I like where you hung the mirror that was your dear friend's. How lovely her family gave it to you. I'm glad your Mother's Day was good with flowers and visits.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I was wondering where u were Teresa. Sorry for the loss of your friend. Nice things you got to remember her by. I have a cross stitch piece from my girlfriend Laura who died a couple years ago. It was in the downstairs bathroom I used when I visited her. Good memories. My rhody bush is blooming beautifully!! I had a nice mother's day too. A nice lunch at Dennys with Phil. Take care my friend!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So sorry to hear about the loss of your dear friend Sally. You were gifted with a beautiful reminder of her. The blankets are stunning and will make great gifts for your Grandaughters. I was thrilled to read you had such a wonderful Mothers Day, you are blessed with such thoughtful children.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am sorry to hear about Sally. I am so glad you have something beautiful to keep her memory alive. I forgot about Mother's Day in the US because ours was back in March. I am glad enjoyed a lovely day. Your new Dune blanket has such soothing colours, I like it very much. I hope your swim was fun. I need to get myself to the pool. One day. Hugs to you xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am so sorry about your friend Teresa. You must have been very special to her and her to you. I am wishing you a wonderful week.

    ReplyDelete
  14. So sorry to hear about the loss of your friend. The mirror is lovely and will certainly remind you of her every time you look into it. Sending lots of hugs your way.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hello Teresa. I was pleased to see you post. I was a little worried that you had been missing. Love the memory and you will think of her every time you look into it. I really love the colours of the blanket, Lucy puts some wonderful ideas together.
    we used to have a beautiful wisteria - sadly lost it one year :-( I shall be interested to see if yours roots. Hugs Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lovely post Teresa and sorry about Sally. Lovely mirror and nice sentiment. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  17. So sorry for losing your friend Teresa..good to see you back. What lovely memories you will have looking in her mirror. Your garden is looking glorious, we too have had a gorgeous week of sunny skies. Hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love comments and thank you so much for taking time to leave me a note. :-)