Wednesday, May 15, 2019

Garden Flowers and Dayle's Saga

I promised to show you how our flowers are growing in our wild farm garden.  So this morning I took my iPhone out in a light rain and fulfilled my vow to you.  This Rhododendron is my favorite, the tree/shrub is 20 feet tall.


The Rhodie on the left is white and the blooms are already spent due to the warm sunny streak we had.


My big bush of dark purple throated Rhodie.



Behind the office/studio is a tall pink Rhodie and this magnificent orange Azalea that Kristi bought and planted for us.


I must say I love this, this bloom is stunning!



My Hostas have come to life.  I am thinking I need to hire a gardener to do some work in our garden.



Our new hanging baskets are starting to look prettier by the day.  


We got this new Rhodie last year and I want to get it planted, I've always loved the purple ones but the one I got a few years back didn't make it.


This cute little variety of Lilac that Kristi brought home is doing well, too.



I have 2 varieties of Clematis planted together and they're opening up.  Do you pronounce it Clem-AT-us or CLEM-uh-tus?



Another dark pink one and a white one with yellow throat markings.



On the left is the dark purple marked one.


The yellow marked one.



My patch of Lily-of-the-Valley.. they are nearly done.. wah.. I missed picking a bouquet of them.  Life has been way too busy this month.



My pink rosebud Azalea is beginning to bloom.



My brother Rob has found out some interesting info about our family history - we are descended from King Charlemagne from the 700s!

Statue of Charlemagnelocated in St. Peter's Basilica, Vatican.


Imperial Coronation of Charlemagne, by Friedrich Kaulbach, 1861.


I stopped by to visit my blog friend Gracie after swimming on Monday.  She had an ailment this winter and lost a lot of weight, she looks so nice!  She's doing better now, thank goodness.  


She showed me some beads that I gave her and wondered if she should make the necklace longer, but when she put it on I thought it was the perfect length.  These are vintage beads from the 20's or 30's - cobalt blue - Gracie collects cobalt glass.



Now.  About Dayle.  My dear husband of 49 years.  He'd been telling me that he felt a lump in his throat, so I told him to talk to the doctor about it.  He did and they sent him for an ultrasound.  They identified that his thyroid was twice the size that it should be.  Surgery was scheduled for yesterday.  We were up at 5 and out the door at 6:15 for a 7 am check-in.  They got him prepped for a 9 a.m. procedure.  After HOURS of waiting the surgeon came to talk to me.  It turned out that the growth was as big as her hand and wrapped around his windpipe and spine.  It took 2 surgeons 3 hours to cut it out.  I brought him home today.  They kept him one night.  It will take 3 days to do a biopsy.  Wish us luck on this.  I'll keep you in the loop.  


((hugs)), Teresa :-) 

26 comments:

  1. Your garden is absolutely beautiful with all the spring flowers. I hope your husband Dayle will have a speedy recovery. Wishing you all the best. Pat 🤗

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh dear ... poor Dayle. I hope everything turns out ok for him. Teresa, your garden looks amazing as always. I loved seeing your Rhododendrons - I have a bright pink one which I love but its around the ‘other’ side of the house and so I don’t see it much. How about you tracing your family history back to the 700s .. wow !!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a beautiful garden. Wishing Dayle a speedy recovery you will be in our prayers. Wow, fancy tracing your family back to the 700's, impressive.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Poor Dayle, wishing all good things. Your garden is beautiful, love all the gorgeous flowers. Wish we had room for Rhodies too but you need big spaces like yours. Your sun porch with the baskets looks great too. B x

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a worrying time for you. Hope he heals quickly and no more problems found.
    Beautiful colours in your garden and everything is so big! You must have just the right weather for all that's growing

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh dear Teresa, I do hope that Dayle recovers swiftly, what a shock for you both. I pray it's all been caught successfully in time. Such beautiful flowers and gorgeous colours in your garden. Take care Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Safe wishes for your lovely husband Dayle. I am sure everything will turn out ok. Your garden is amazing and you both must have spent many years developing it. Hugs.Lee

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such vibrant colours on your rhododendrons and clematis, it’s a shame they don’t flower for longer though. I’m sending Dayle my best wishes for a speedy recovery and good outcome, I bet he’s happy to be back home. X

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am keeping my fingers crossed for Dayle's speedy recovery and an unremarkable biopsy result. I am glad to see him smile despite it all.

    Your garden looks particularly beautiful at this time of year, thanks for sharing the photos. We have lots of rhododendrons here in Scotland, the climate must be perfect. I love the outlandish colours and size of their blooms, nothing really beats it. They are an invasive species in the wild here and I sometimes feel guilty for liking these shrubs.... xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I hope Dayle has a swift recovery and that it is nothing to worry about. You are both in my thoughts. Your garden is looking glorious - that deck is SO pretty. CLEMatis here! How amazing to have traced your family history back so far, I bet it has been an interesting journey. Hugs to you both, CJ xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Dear Teresa - sending heartfelt wishes to Dayle for a clear biopsy and speedy recovery. Thinking of you too at this worrying time.
    The owners are beautiful. Hugs Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  12. lovely flowers, Teresa. Someone has a green thumb, or shall I say hand! I will certainly keep Dayle in my thoughts. He has a strong constitution. It's always fun to search our heritage! One never knows what you will find. I enjoy "Finding your Roots" with Dr. Henry Louis Gates on PBS.

    ReplyDelete
  13. FIrst, and most important of all, you can rest assured that Dayle is in our prayers. In fact, I woke Dennis up last night when I saw your comment on my blog and we prayed right then and there. We will continue to do so. Dennis REALLY enjoys Dayle's company and we both wish we lived closer and and spend more time with the two of you.
    Your blooms are gorgeous. We finally planted some marigolds in the flower bed yesterday evening. The unwritten rule here is, no planting untill after Mother's Day or until the snow is gone from Brown's Mountain, whichever comes first.
    I love the purples and the pinks in a lot of your blooms. So pretty. The photo of Gracie is a really good one. She is a gem and a wonderful friend. I'm so glad God put you both into my life.
    Lots of love and give Dayle a hug for me.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  14. Keeping Dayle in my thoughts and prayers Teresa. So scary!!

    Your flowers are beautiful. Love that orangey azalea.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Aww Teresa I am so sorry to read about Dayle, sending my very best wishes for a speedy recovery. Bless him he is managing a smile there! Your garden looks lovely. Hugs, to you and Dayle xxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Prayers that all turns out well for Dayle. I know it must be a very hard time for you both, but in the picture he looks healthy and like he's got it all under control.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh Teresa, I have no words. SO sorry you have been going through this with Dayle. I am sending you both positive thoughts as you make your way through recovery and through the next steps of this issue. Hopefully there is only good news ahead. Love to you both.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'm sending bucket loads of wishes and luck to you both and I hope the biopsy is clear. Your garden is glorious and I can envision spending many hours on your beautiful deck crocheting. It's such an inviting, beautiful spot. xx Susan

    ReplyDelete
  19. Teresa! Im praying for your dear hubby! Thyroid is such a tricky gland. His smile says its all going to be fine. Long 3 days, but you have all of your blog pals right here for you. IF you need us, you let us know! I did notice Gracie's weight loss immediately. Im glad she is healthy. I love your gardens lady. Your rhodos are prettier than any I'v ever seen. They don't do well in the midwest. Hugs hugs hugs

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh Teresa sure hope Dayle is ok and good result news. I had partial thyroidectomy many years ago and now take daily tablet. He sure does look good and lovely smile. That garden of yours is fantastic and thanks for the tour around xoxoxo Love to Dayle and you from us here xo

    ReplyDelete
  21. Dear Teresa, praying all is well with Dayle. Scary how it wrapped itself around some very important parts. Good thing he went to the doctor and the surgery went well. Your flowers are all so very gorgeous. I say ClemATis but what do I know. I learned many, many years ago that I was saying PeOny wrong because apparently it is PeUHny. Who knew! :) Big hugs, T

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh goodness. So thankful Dayle got checked out quickly and got it taken care of. Praying for his healing. Your purple rhody bush is like mine. Mine's very tall as well.My roses are blooming! Glad you visited Gracie. She's a sweet friend. Have a blessed weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Asking the Lord for healing for you, Dayle, and strength and faith for you all as you go through the healing process. Thanks for sharing your beautiful flower photos and interesting family history with us, Teresa, as well; it was wonderful to visit with you last Monday. I look forward to our next time together, Teresa and Dayle.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Dear Teresa....I'm so sorry for what you and Dayle have been going through. Sending much love to you both and and healing wishes to Dayle....I hope he soon recovers from the surgery and the news is good. Will be thinking of you. Your flowers are so beautiful there, thank you for sharing these lovely pictures. Hugs to you both. XXX

    ReplyDelete
  25. Sending good wishes to Dayle. Look at the smile, even after surgery! You have married a very special guy.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Your Kristi is a treasure as well as the rest of your family. Hope Dayle is feeling better. Love always seeing your flowers. Thanks for sharing your pictures and prayers for all especially at this time. Dorothy

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love comments and thank you so much for taking time to leave me a note. :-)