Wednesday, May 29, 2019

🍓 A Field of Lupine and First Strawberries 🍓

🍓 Hello my friends, thanks for stopping by.  Yesterday I took Dayle to his follow-up appointment with the surgeon.  She removed the bandage on his incision and checked him over.  He has to go back in a few months for a second surgery.  But needs to heal and improve from this one first.  

Afterwards we went for lunch and he ordered the beef and vegetable soup and was able to get it all down.  More soup is on the menu here for him.  

On the way home we passed this field of wild Lupine and we got a few photos of it.  


It amazes me how prolific this wildflower is in open pastures.



We drove up east of Corbett to stop at a farm-stand that we'd heard had the first strawberries of the season... score.. they had some!  Then we drove on up to Portland Women's Forum, I did not take a photo as for once it wasn't pretty, a grey haze filled the gorge.  But I did snap a photo of some wild honeysuckle growing there.  I was unhappy to see the view was being lost to a lot of trees and shrubs.. I think I will have a word with Oregon Parks & Recreation Dept. about trimming back and reclaiming the view!



Driving through Springdale earlier we pulled over to snap a photo of the little chapel there which had a big magnificent Rhodie in bloom next to it.


Home again and I had to admire the Dianthus/Pinks/Sweet William that reliably comes back every year.  I should get more colors of this wonderful plant.


Such a pretty bloom.



Our first fresh strawberries of the season, cut up and marinated in a bit of sugar, over a bowl of vanilla ice cream.  🍓 *YUM* 🍓



This man loves his little girl dog.  Me too.. except her new thing is to jump up on my lap and on up onto the back of my recliner.  Where she sits looking out the window.  Where her feet poke into my head and pull my hair.  Any suggestions on how to break her of this?  :-)



I'm off to swim today.. what are your plans for the day?

((hugs)), Teresa :-) 

18 comments:

  1. Sorry that Dayle will need another surgery, I hope he mends quickly from this one. Beautiful flower photos, I do love this time of year. We've had a few strawberries here too, the first ones are always delicious. How sweet your little pup is. You may have to sit somewhere else - that's what Bertie likes us to do! Dianthus are some of my favourite flowers. We used to have lots in the garden when I was little and I used to pick bunches for my grandmothers. All the best to Dayle, and to you to. CJ xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all the flower photos, but I believe the first photo shows Lupine flowers not foxglove. Foxglove blossoms are more of a trumpet shape with dots o the inside of the trumpet. Lupine grow wild here in Oregon. I have some white Lupine in my backyard. They reseed easily.
    Dayle and Miss Mocha are looking grand. Hope all is going well for them both.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous flower photos, Teresa...you do find some lovely ones for us! Can you make another place for Mocha to do her window viewing that doesn't involve treading on you?? The strawberries look delicious. I hope Dayle feels better soon and heals quickly. Love to you both. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous photos Teresa..but the wild flowers are lupins I think not foxgloves? I'm glad Dayle had his bandages off. We have Daisy staying til Friday..great fun. Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for sharing the lovely flower photos! I'm glad the appointment went well and Dayle is healing. A hummingbird has visited my patio and I put up a feeder yesterday and am putting some Petunias in pots out there this afternoon. I have four Dianthus plants, 3 light pink and 1 a different sort of red than yours. I so enjoy the spicy scent of the blooms and hope I can keep the plants alive! After the baby blanket making group this morning I mailed a package. Is there enough room on the window sill behind your chairs for Mocha to perch to look out the window? Hope you had a good swim....I've done some looking for a swimsuit :-) xxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad Dayle post op visit was good ! Every day towards healing and not infection is a big day! He looks a bit thin in the face in the image. My dianthus never grew in our old backyard. I love yours! I am excited about the seeds I put in last year, when a friend gave me thousands of her seeds off her echinacea, and some other plants. She also gave me 22 tall grasses this spring and with all the rain, at least 19 of them are going to make it. Prayers continue for Dayle

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those lupine's are beautiful and that bowl of strawberries looks delicious. Strawberry season is just starting here too as they're a winter crop in our neck of the woods. I'm thinking I may have to go in search of some today. xx Susan

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love seeing the wild lupine blooming! That's beautiful. Your flowers are always beautiful. Little Mocha just wants to be close to you. Glad to hear Dayle's appointment went okay. I love fresh strawberries and your's look delish. We had some today with our dinner--so good.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the wild lupine, so beautiful. All the flowers are looking good. Wishing Dayle a speedy recovery, I’m sure with those delicious strawberries he’ll be on the mend soon. B x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous lupine flowers and the rhododendron at the little church is amazing. I love rhodies. The strawberries look delicious.
    I'm glad Dayle's post-op visit went well and he was able to eat the soup. I think he looks like he's lost a lot of weight since last month when we saw him but I guess that would be normal since he hasn't been able to eat. We're continuing to pray for healing and a good report after the next surgery.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fresh local strawberries - it can't get much better. It is still too early here for outdoor grown berries but there are some in the shops grown in tunnels. The wild lupins are beautiful, I have never seen wild ones before. My garden ones are the slugs most favourite food. No plans today other than work and try and stay dry on my commute (it is miserable here).

    I hope Dayle continues to recover well, my best wishes to him xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love lupine. We tried growing some, but it didn't do so well in our yard. Best wishes to Dayle for continued (and fast!!) healing. Sorry to hear he needs another surgery.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What beautiful flowers! Those strawberries look delicious. We should have fresh strawberries her in another couple of weeks. Sorry to hear that Dayle has to have another surgery, but glad to hear that he is healing well.

    ReplyDelete
  14. The strawberries look so tasty my mouth is watering. Your flower photos are beautiful, especially the wild lupins. Hoping for success for Dayle with his follow up surgery. Take care, Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thrilled to read Dayle is recovering nicely. Hopefully his next surgery will be the same. The wild lupin's look amazing, so pretty and the strawberries a real delight.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hello Teresa. Pleased Dayle had dressing removed. Pray he continues to improve and get stronger for his next surgery.
    Love all the blooms. I have tried to grow Lupins here in our garden,they don't like it though. My brother grows beautiful ones, different soil.
    Yum to strawberries and vanilla ice cream. I would really love some now! :-)
    Take care Teresa. Hugs Anne X

    ReplyDelete
  17. So glad Dayle is getting good reports from the doctor and behaving, well except for riding on that tractor. The flowers are beautiful and Miss Mocha is a delight. I am still trying to get my boys to behave so I have no words of advice.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Blog catchup as away limited internett. Good to see Dayle and Mocha. Beautiful flowere 💖💖💙💙

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love comments and thank you so much for taking time to leave me a note. :-)