Friday, May 24, 2019

Peony and Shell Crochet 🐚

The Peony is a lovely flower.  Our potted one put out about 6 blooms this year, it did need staked up, but it's worth the effort.  A big black and yellow striped bumblebee was "posing" in this flower but by the time I got my iPhone to the camera app, it flew away.  


I'm 3 rows into the 2nd color run of 14 colors, the "beach".  Two more sandy colors then hues of ocean, sunset and sky.  If I had it to do over, I would add more sea, sunset and sky colors as the "beach" colors are 5.  If you're interested in this pattern, do check out the designer's website - Lucy at Attic24 blog.  


A close-up of the shells.  I love them.


The crochet and online Scrabble and Words With Friends (care to start a game with me?) are how I pass my time while keeping Dayle company and getting his soft foods so he is fed.  I just made baby food oatmeal with a bit of brown sugar and butter and some baby food pears.  We give him fortified drinks and jello and such.  His voice is improving and I took him out for a ride yesterday and we picked up a few things such as chicken food.  

I hope you have a good weekend.  We're celebrating Memorial Day, it is observed on the last Monday of May, honoring the men and women who died while serving in the U.S. military.

SO.. I'm off to swim again.  What an effort!  :-) 
((hugs)), Teresa :-) 

11 comments:

  1. Such a pretty Peony and beautiful blanket and good progress report on Dayle's healing! I hope you enjoy your swim. Just when I think I have all change of address needs sorted, something else crops up and I spend more time on the phone like I did this morning and may more this afternoon... but first more Scrabble and WWF :-) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been away from my blog for awhile....just lurking a little now and then work permitting. I have just read your post about your husband and I wanted to add my very best wishes for a speedy recovery.

    all the best

    Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your peony is gorgeous, Teresa as well as the shell blanket. Our peonies are now over. We had a bad storm come through yesterday that took them with it. I do pray your husband continues to heal and get stronger each day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the colours in the Dune blanket. I want to make a big blanket for my bed this year but can't decide which of Lucy's packs to use. Her colour combinations are gorgeous aren't they? The peony is beautiful. xx Susan

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty Peone.....here we are exhausted looking after 2 and 3 year old grandies. So cute and them napping while we veg out lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad to hear Dayle is on the mend. Love the colours in your blanket. Have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry I'm late in commenting Teresa. We're at the lake and my internet wasn't cooperating. But all seems well tonight so I'm "making hay while the sun shines" as they say and trying to catch up on blog reading.
    Your blanket is coming right along. I think it's beautiful just as it is and I love the colors. Your stitches are so even and "perfect". It will be gorgeous when it's done.
    We're glad to hear that Dayle's voice is getting better and that he's eating well. You must be a good nurse.
    We always had peonies when I was a child. I wish I had gotten some starts of my Mom's plants. They were so pretty and and back in Nebraska/Iowa, they always seemed to bloom the week before Memorial Day and we all took them to decorate the cemeteries.
    I was thinking of you guys this weekend and wondering if Dayle felt up to doing his usual decorating of the graves. His dedication and loving care of the gravesites has always been an inspiration to me.
    Big hugs to both of you.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is such a pretty shell pattern Teresa. I am glad that Dayle is improving. Enjoy the bank holiday , we have on here too in the UK. Hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beautiful Peony. Your Dune blanket is looking fantastic. Thinking of you all. Abi x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Swimming efforts greatly appreciated here! Hiked all over Zion Natl Park and told everyone I met that my FRIEND volunteers at Multnomah Falls. So many folks from your area! Hugs to Dayle

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love peonies and yours is beautiful! Ours are a couple of weeks still from blooming. Glad Dayle is feeling better. I love banana-apple-berry blend baby food and recommend it highly!

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love comments and thank you so much for taking time to leave me a note. :-)