Friday, August 9, 2019

Crochet on a Cloudy Day

This is our 3rd cloudy day and it's fine by me.  It kind of suits my mood.  We spent this week running errands and getting some things done.  We drove to Vancouver, WA to the US National Guard office to get my new military ID card.  Then to get my shingles vaccine.  Here's my little darling Mocha sitting with me while I crochet on my shell afghan for my granddaughter.


Our son's German Shepherd Meeka with us.  Our son is looking for a home to buy so one day soon we'll just have one dog and two upstairs guest rooms.  Some remodeling will be in order then.  


Dayle went to the surgeon today for a consultation and she presented options and the path they chose was to wait 3 months and have another scan and see then how to proceed.



I brought this Peace Lily home from my sister's memorial service.  I put it on the table next to my chair and it has soothed me to have it close.  I sure do miss having her a phone call away.  


I am reading a very good book, "The Black House" by Peter May, it was recommended by Lorraine at MamasMercantile blog.  I'm only in it a short way but already it's very good.


Kristi called to see what happened today at the doctor and invited us to join them for Chinese dinner tonight.  So things are just rolling along here. No plans for the weekend.. how about you?  ((hugs)), Teresa :-)  

11 comments:

  1. Love seeing little Mocha. Dogs provide so much companionship and comfort, or at least I think so. Love seeing your progress on the afghan. Maybe a craft fair for me tomorrow and a Kroger Click List grocery pick up. Not too much else on the agenda and I like it that way :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your afghan just gets more and more beautiful every time you post it. I will spend tomorrow loading up the camper as we head out for a week of camping with our son and his family on Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The photo of Mocha is my favorite...and the blanket is a joy to behold! Having the Peace Lily nearby is a lovely remembrance of Roberta as you miss her. Thanks for the book recommendation. This weekend I hope to absorb some of the practical inspiration from the Global Leadership Conference I attended Thursday and Friday via video...so many amazing stories of folks making a positive difference in the world as they combat social injustice issues. You and yours are lovingly in my thoughts and prayers as you move forward and as you anticipate Dayle's next scan. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I enjoyed catching up with you and your family today. Your blanket is coming along beautiful and I'm sure Mocha will miss it when it's done. I was wondering when Dayle's follow-up was but didn't want to ask with all of your family things going on. I'm glad it was pretty good news if she's willing to wait three months.
    I went to the doctor today and was diagnosed with a raging sinus infection. My only real symptom is a headache that hasn't gone away in two weeks. He said it's from the smoke. :-( Apparently they are seeing a lot of it. We did have a bit of rain today and it was 20 degrees cooler than yesterday. Now it smells like a wet campfire! Seriously. More rain predicted tomorrow and Sunday and that's very welcome news as long as there is no lightening. Maybe it will help the firefighters get control of the fires here. It's really unusual for us to have this cool and rain in August. Normally we have no rain from the middle of June to the middle of September. This has been a strange weather year all around.
    Still not sure if we're goiing to the trailer tomorrow. Definite no if it's still smokey but there is a lot of ash to clean up. What to do, what to do! Ha!
    I hope you have a nice relaxing weekend Teresa. Tell Dayle hi for us.
    Blessings always,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you have your family close for support. I’ve just read the Black House too and thoroughly enjoyed it. Love the setting on those bleak Scottish isles. Your crochet is looking beautiful as always. B x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Teresa. Mocha is so cute and I'm sure such a comfort to you at this sad time, I do love the colours in the blanket you are working on. Hugs Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like Dayles plan with his doctor! Im not ready of gray skies, but IM not grieving so that s the deal. Nice of daughter in law to call and suggest a gathering!!! Your pup is too cute.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Teresa, your crochet shell afghan is lovely. I hear your heart speaking in this post. Sending you love and hugs as you remember your sister. It's so tough to lose a sibling. I lost my dear sister nearly ten years ago and I still feel the pain of not having her close by. Take care of your heart, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sending good vibes to Dayle that all goes well. It is SO hard to wait sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I hope Dayle's next scan brings good news. The Doctor obviously doesn't think there's any urgency, which must be a good thing. You've both had some trying times lately, Here's hoping they're at an end and things will brighten for you now. x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Things are rolling along here too. Mocha looks gorgeous snuggled up in the blanket and suggesting Dayle wait for 3 months is a good sign that there's nothing urgent right now. Hugs to you and your family and I hope the crochet helps with your healing. xx Susan

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love comments and thank you so much for taking time to leave me a note. :-)