Monday, October 7, 2019

Crystal Ball Images

As I was scrolling down my Facebook feed I saw an ad for a photographic tool that fascinated me.. you take a photo through a crystal ball and people are having a lot of fun with it.  I found one for $13 on Amazon and it arrived in 1 day.  We had a lovely day yesterday so I convinced Dayle to go for a ride with me to test it out.  We headed for Portland Women's Forum to try it with the Columbia River Gorge in the background.


I set the ball on the old stone wall.


This image is not mine but it shows you why I got interested.


We put the ball in it's bag and took some traditional photos.  I use my Lumix bridge camera with the good zoom on my long range photos.



This is a shot of Vista House from Portland Women's Forum State Scenic Viewpoint - 1 mile away.  :-)



I do love living close to this view.  It takes us 5 minutes to drive there from our farm house.



I also snapped a few photos of the red rose hips left from the wild roses that bloom there.



And the moon.  Of course.  :-)


We then drove another 5 minutes to Vista House and drove around it.. because that's what you do.. :-)  That is Washington State behind it, across the Columbia River.




As we drove home I pulled onto the side of the road in front of the Corbett School to get a photo of the top of Mt. Hood that looms behind it to the East.


There was a tree full of red leaves so we snapped this.. I saw "we" because I was driving and Dayle was on the passenger side of the car so it was him taking the photo this time.  I love this one!


I posted the photo above on the local FB group page and so far it's gotten 125 likes!  I erased the last names of the two people listed.  :-)


When we were almost home I pulled into the driveway to the property across the street, it's leased for flower growing to several Laotian families.  I wanted to see what flowers were still blooming.


There is a whole field of Dahlias in bloom!



They grow them and sell them at several farmer's markets in the Portland suburbs.. I wish they sold bouquets across the street for us to buy!


There is a whole row of yellow.. something.. do you recognize it?


The sun was shining on it and it just glowed!


I had to show you Dayle's roast beef dinner he made for us when our grandsons were here for a sleepover.  YUM!


Hayden loves to play with Mocha.. I thought this was cute.  :-)



Today is swimming, after I have some reheated beef stew Dayle made from the leftovers of the roast "beast".  I hope you have a wonderful week ahead!  ((hugs)), Teresa :-) 

18 comments:

  1. Your pictures are always so interesting and a joy to view! I can literally smell the moist fall air you have there when I look at them. How your grandsons have grown! Thanks for sharing all the color/beauty that is your life!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful photos! Don't you just love the colors of fall? Dayle's pot roast look absolutely delicious, hope you enjoyed the leftovers! Hayden and Mocha look like good buddies!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hayden is growing up fast I think, that's a lovely picture of him and Mocha. The crystal ball is brilliant, you'll get some really fun images with it. I love the dahlia field, so pretty. CJ xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have been thinking of getting one of these balls for photography. I like your shots. Hayden is surely growing up :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful photos including that grandson. I love the colors and food of fall.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I absolutely will look into that lovely photo ball! Reminds me of a gazing ball for the garden--fascinating! Your photos are fabulous. I so enjoy seeing your beautiful area. We must plan a trip there one day. Your grand and Mocha is so darling.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That crystl ball is quite interesting. It sure makes a new perspective and pictures doesn't it? Both yours and Dayles photos of Mt. Hood are gorgeous.
    Hayden is growing up. He's lost that little boy look. Dayle can come cook for us anytime. Yum!
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous photos Teresa and a joy to come and enjoy while I do very little this week lol

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well, I haven't seen the crystal ball images but for $13 it looks like you are going to have some fun. Vista House is a beautiful location for sure. Love that Fall photo of Mt Hood. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The crystal ball photos look so much fun, very artistic. I could see myself "losing" a lot of time if I had one of those balls.... Autumn is a beautiful time of year (at least the time before it all goes soggy and brown). Could you know on your neighbours door and ask to pick some flowers for a small donation? I imagine not all are picked for the market. Have a lovely week x

    ReplyDelete
  11. The crystal ball images are amazing....have never seen this before! Love all your scenery photos...how beautiful Mt Hood looks in autumn. Your picture of Hayden and Mocha is a lovely one too...how grown up he looks! Enjoy your week dear Teresa XXX

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely blog! That golden flower is a childhood fave of mine - Goldenrod - yarn should definitely come in that colour?!! xxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks so much for another beautiful and interesting post, Teresa! I never tire of seeing the wonderful scenery in our neck of the woods through your artist's eye, and I am so glad for the happy times you know with your loved ones :-) ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great post Lady!!! Your grandson is growing out of little boy look! I love the crystal ball idea!!! Thanks Teresa! !

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely photos. I especially like Dayle's photo with the red leaves, it looks a bit like an impressionist painting! As Christina said, I'm sure your neighbours would let you buy a bunch of flowers. Worth asking. xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous photos. The crystal ball ones are wonderful. I hadn't heard of them before and can imagine you will have some fun with it. xx Susan

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Teresa, I'm a new 'follower' living in Wales UK - our mountains are merely hills compares to yours! I love to see the photos you show, of your beautiful neighbourhood - the tall feathery yellow plant is Solidago (Golden Rod) my grandfather grew it at the back of an herbaceous border and the bees love it. I'm fascinated by the photographic crystal ball, just the inspiration I need for a small gift for a new friend into our family - thank you for that :} Regards, V

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your grandson looks so grown up with all that cool hair! Love the photos with the crystal ball.

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love comments and thank you so much for taking time to leave me a note. :-)