Friday, October 4, 2019

The Joy of Autumn

Look what was on the dining table when I arrived home from my meeting yesterday!  While I was gone Dayle had a test done for his doctors appointment next week.  Then he went grocery shopping and bought a chuck roast and potatoes and carrots that he is going to prepare today and that gorgeous bouquet.  Guess who gets a brownie point and gold star?


I am really enjoying seeing this from my easy chair.. it makes me happy.


My dear husband knows me so well.


The weather was supposed to turn to rain on Wednesday so I was pleased that when I emerged from my swim that even though it was cloudy I could still see Mt. Hood from the parking lot!  


The maple trees are turning glorious colors.


When I picked up my friend Diane on the way to the meeting, this beautiful Japanese maple tree was next to her walkway.  Wow!


Diane and her son Shane were at our house the other day helping a friend and I told him how impressed I was with the amazing cookies he makes and shares on Facebook.  He promised to make some for me.. and look.. he did!!  Diane gave me a box of them yesterday.  


He makes them in all kinds of wonderful flavors, these are peanut butter cookies!  And yes, they taste as good as they look.  Isn't the embossed design simply amazing?


This one has oak leaved and acorns.. perfect for Autumn!!  Thanks, Shane!!


Today will be busy.. our older son will be coming over to move a few more things to their new house.  Our 2 grandsons are arriving soon for a sleepover.  Anna, our housekeeper is coming to do some cleaning for us.  I'm doing my blog post now.  I need to send my Friends of Multnomah Falls newsletter to the printers.  We'll be roasting the pot roast.  

For those who are wondering if we're lonely since our son and grandson have moved to their own home.  Ummm.. for the first time in 6 years we're the only ones here and we're still getting used to the quiet.  But we're managing.  :-)

Do you have any fun weekend plans?  ((hugs)), Teresa :-) 

18 comments:

  1. The flowers are beautiful and so are the cookies. How wonderful to see a mountain so clearly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Autumn photos are beautiful and I enjoyed seeing your current table setting as well with the lovely flowers Dayle chose! The cookies are wonderful works of art and a quick search led me to this interesting site https://www.ilovespringerle.com/ . I plan to spend the weekend prepping for and attending a meeting at church and preparing for several other meetings during the coming week. May the Lord bless you and yours. ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your husband is a sweetie, Teresa. I note that he brings home flowers often, so sweet! Autumn is certainly happening in your area. Again, I love the photo of Mt. Hood. You can show it anytime you like as far as I'm concerned. And those cookies are beautiful, almost too pretty to eat. Ha Ha.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful fall colors in the trees and the flowers. Your hubby sounds like a keeper. And those cookies - Wow. Cookies are my favorite treat - hands down - and those are a work of art.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love those trees and their colours here is Spring lol Oh boy I would love those cookies 💙💙😀😀

    ReplyDelete
  6. Finally an empty nest syndrome!! I enjoy the quiet at times which is good. Enjoy Megan though as we have fun together. Nice bouquet of flowers Dayle surprised you with. We're going to open house at the fire station tomorrow. Working on printing more photos for my calendars for an holiday bazaar I'm at next month. Rain is here!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a gorgeous bouquet. Dayle did well. We had a storm tonight that brought marble to almost tennis ball size hail. Dennis had just gotten home from work about 10 minutes before the hail hit. Our yard was white with hail. I'm so glad he got the truck into the garage in time! I'm sure there will be lots of damaged vehicles. We've had some crazy, crazy weather here this year.
    Those cookies are amazing Teresa. I can't imagine how much work he puts into them.
    Roast, potatoes and carrots sound wonderful. I've been spending much of every day since we've been home with my best friend Jenny who had hip replacement last Friday. She can't be alone yet and we're having a grand time chatting. Anyway, I haven't cooked much since we got home because I've been gone. It's almost like working again and I'm not used to that! I am enjoying being with her though and feeling like I'm helping her a little. Boy, the exercises they gave her yesterday are doozies. So much pain and she's one tough lady.
    Anyway, we're closing up Larry and Nita's trailer for them tomorrow and then I'm cooking my homemade chicken and noodles, and homemade biscuits, green beans and cranberries for Neal and Jenny for dinner tomorrow. We're going to stay and eat with them. I haven't decided on a dessert yet. We'll see how my back is holding out by then. :-)
    Have a great weekend my dear friend.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  8. It still sounds quite busy chez vous! The flowers are gorgeous. Oh for a husband who buys flowers and prepares meals. Those cookies really are amazing aren't they. Hope you have a lovely weekend. CJ xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I empathise with you Teresa. An empty house without family is strange. Our youngest left six months ago and it still feels strange even though they all visit regularly. Beautiful bouquet and the maple trees are glorious. Not that much autumn leaf colour here yet. Often we lose the leaves before they change colour due to all the gales. Hopefully they will hang on a few more weeks. Have a lovely weekend. B x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Teresa. Can you please send Shane to Wales. What incredible cookies! I would love some please! I bet it feels strange to have your house to yourselves. It’s funny, isn’t it,...... there are different stages of life and, it seems, you just start making adjustments & settling in to one way of being so that it feels comfortable....then...it changes again! All the best in this new stage in life. Enjoy the cookies

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my goodness! Those cookies are absolutely gorgeous! Wow! And the colors of Autumn are looking very beautiful in your corner of the world. I miss the colorful changing of the season. Enjoy your weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Those cookies look simply amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  13. It must be an adjustment. I m glad they did not move out of state!
    I want those cookies. I really do!
    WE helped out extra at the barn this morning. Saw some friends both students and volunteers today and the was so nice. Friends having US for dinner tonight. Other friend s coming tomorrow from Milwaukee for dinner here. Knit knit knit...I have yet to pick up the needles today but soon

    ReplyDelete
  14. Those flowers are gorgeous and perfect fall colors! Dayle did good! The cookies look delicious as well as beautiful. You sound busy despite having an empty house. It took us a while to get used to the quiet when all our kids moved out, now we simply enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Not only does Dayle bring you flowers, he picks out such beautiful ones! And those cookies - wow - amazing! Do you think you could find out where he gets his stamps/molds for those?

    ReplyDelete
  16. I see it wasn't quiet for long with the grandkids coming over for the night. I hope you enjoy those beautiful flowers. Happy Fall!

    ReplyDelete
  17. How lovely to come home to those gorgeous flowers. And the cookies look (almost) too good to eat! You're so lucky to have such glorious scenery on your doorstep. xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gorgeous autumn post...love the beautiful scenery pictures, the lovely flowers Dayle bought you and those amazing cookies!! Happy Autumn! XX

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love comments and thank you so much for taking time to leave me a note. :-)