Monday, October 14, 2019

Halloween Decor and More

We finally found the bin of Halloween decorations.. LOL!  And the tablecloth that I got last year.  So over the weekend I transformed the dining table into a fun tableaux.  This is the little witch and cat on a moon.


I lit the candles for full effect.  You might notice one candle is unlit.. well.. they weren't even height so I had to burn two down.. right?



I've had this cute little group for several years.. it's 3 little trick-or-treaters in front of a black picket fence and a pumpkin.. there is even a bat flying above the fence.. this makes me smile.


The little witch and my favorite, the porcelain scarecrow candelabra covered with dripped wax and a sparkly little haunted house lit from within.



I so enjoy having my dining room set for the seasons, I can see it from my easy chair in the den.  See the little skeleton lady hanging from the light fixture?



On Saturday evening Dayle made dinner for us, this recipe is called Chinese Noodle Casserole, but when we first made it we thought it looked like dog food.. lol.. so that's what our family calls it.  It isn't a pretty meal but boy does it taste good!!



It also looks fun in the daytime.


I also have velvet pumpkins, my crocheted pumpkins and blown glass ones, too.



My oldest granddaughter, Jenna, is a freshman in high school now and attended the homecoming dance with a group of her friends.  They did some photos first and her little sister Paige posed with her.  So cute!



I was able to get a photo of the Hunter's Moon last night, between clouds.. lol.  


Now I must tell you a story.  Dayle has had heart issues in the past so I wanted to get him an Apple Watch which helps monitor many health issues.  He ran a test on his heart and the watch told him he had Atrial Fibrillation!  He had a doctors appointment last week and told the doctor what the watch said.. and so he listened to his heart. He then had an EKG test and lo and behold.. the watch was spot on!  So now he is getting more testing for this and will be getting the help he needs for it. 

Atrial fibrillation is:


The heart's upper chambers (atria) beat out of coordination with the lower chambers (ventricles).
This condition may have no symptoms, but when symptoms do appear they include palpitations, shortness of breath, and fatigue.
Treatments include drugs, electrical shock (cardioversion), and minimally invasive surgery (ablation).



The moral of the story is to get your annual exams!

OK.. I have to jet.. I have a DAR meeting and then swimming.  ((hugs)), Teresa :-) 

13 comments:

  1. Love all your festive and heartfelt decorations. My grandma used to make that casserole back in the 60's - I have her recipe and have shared it with cousins that remember it, too. So glad that your Dayle has that watch and will be treated now. Great investment!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, glad Dayle has that watch. Keeping track of one's health is so important. I did not get a good shot of the moon last night :( Didn't look too good when I left for work, either!

    ReplyDelete
  3. #1 The moral of the story is to listen to your body and let your spouse help you. YOU were TERRIFIC Teresa!!!!!!!! I have been asking for a 2 week arrhythmia monitor and I m wearing it now. I don't think I have a - fib. It is more common in men. But I am having some palpitations etc. I decided to go out of network to see a WOMAN Practitioner as women hearts are different than mens. IM so so glad Dayle is under great care. I heart how you heart him

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your Halloween decorations! My granddaughter came today and helped me decorate... I'll post photos later this week. I chuckled about the unlit candle... that is so something I would do! Your granddaughters are adorable, hope Jenna had a great time. Thank goodness for the Apple watch... hope they can get Dayle on the right track soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's extraordinary about the watch although I know you can't always rely on them. I'm off for my annual check up today and it's one thing I always make sure I do. Love the 'dog food'. I make a pie with layers of roast vegetables and other things and Michael once asked me if the vegetables were for the compost when I was putting it together. Hence it's now known as Compost Pie in our family! xx Susan

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Apple Watch has already paid for itself! So glad Dayle is getting the help he needs! Hope you had a good meeting and a good swim, too. My meeting ran late and I did not get home till after two, but got some extra exercise clearing out the spent leaves on the Calla Lilies. Your moon photo is beautiful! :-) ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  7. That Chinese noodle dish looks absolutely delicious. Will Dayle share the recipe with us? I'm glad that Dayle got checked out and his doctor listened to him. My "old" cardiologist, (electrophysician), has been pushing me to get an ablation for the past year but I've been putting him off. He is retiring and so I was assigned a new electrophysician and he didn't mention it at my semi-annual check last week. Yippee! I believe that watch has more than paid for itself hasn't it?
    Have a wonderful Tuesday Teresa! Hi to Dayle from Dennis.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  8. First off, I'm so glad Dayle is seeing his doctor after such a warning from his watch! Gracious, take care of him.
    You have the most darling Halloween decorations. I'm not a big fan of very scary Halloween decor, and your's is darling. I can imagine you love looking at your dining room decorated so lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yay for that watch...we are regular health checkers. LOVE the decorations Teresa my favourite time of year 🦇🦇😁😁 My home has black bats all year round on the walls and a few skulls decorations 💀💀 When April saw decorations in store she said 'just like Grannys house' lol

    ReplyDelete
  10. Incredible that a little device would give a diagnosis. That is crazy. You know how they say things happen for a reason. Well, it seems that watch did the job of getting Dayle the treatment he needs. A friend's mom had atrial fibrillation; definitely a condition that needs to be managed. All your Halloween decor is so sweet. Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Teresa. Lovely reading your blog and seeing your beautiful decor. May I ask what series of Apple Watch did you purchase? I'm interested in getting one for my husband. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your decorations are wonderful Teresa. Good that Dayle has that watch! Hope all the testing goes well for him and you!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Loving the decorations Teresa. One of mum's health problems is Atrial fibrillation. She has a pacemaker now. Hope all goes well for Dayle. Your granddaughters are beautiful. Anne X

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love comments and thank you so much for taking time to leave me a note. :-)