Wednesday, October 16, 2019

Leaves of Gold and Family Dinner at Tads

I was enjoying my drive home up the Sandy River after my DAR meeting on Monday.  These maples were aglow with the Stark Street Bridge over the river.


The trees clinging to the cliff were yellow and orange.


I pulled off the Historic Columbia River Highway and snapped this image of the sun sparkling on the river.  I do love living here.



We have a Chrysanthemum that came back from last year and the yellow flowers are so pretty.


Now that's a pop of yellow for you.



I have a "hardy" Hibiscus I got a few years back but the silly thing grows all summer and puts out a few flowers right when it's time for them to shrivel for winter.  I would put this plant in the negative column.  :-)  But what a pretty center!



The plant I brought home from my sister's funeral is happy after we re-potted it in one of my favorite old pots and I left it outside on the patio table for the summer and it obviously liked the outdoors.  


My precious little dog Mocha continues to enjoy being on the top of my easy chair in order to keep an eye on the comings and goings... and then she drops her head right on top of mine and falls asleep.  What a goof.  I have to tell you it's not comfortable for me!


I ordered her a new pink furry bed which was delivered yesterday.  She seems to always sleep in that spot.. so I put the bed there and hoped she'd find it and enjoy it.  Lo and behold I looked up and there she was.  :-)  The print was a gift from Kristi when Caleb spotted it at the thrift store.  It looks just like our little Buddy!!  Behind her is an antique cast iron doorstop I found a while back of a Westie and then another with 3 little kittens in a basket.


Kristi brought the boy's school photos for me.. I add them to a frame on the wall each year, putting them atop the last one.  When they graduate I will have all 12 of them in the frame.


Kristi came, the boys took the bus home and Travis drove here after work and we all hopped into our Flex and drove down to have dinner at Tad's Chicken 'n Dumplins last evening.  


We enjoyed spending time with our family and the dinner was delicious.  Tad's is up for sale and I'd wanted to go there before it is sold.  I'm so sad it's being sold.  



A new owner could change the name, gut the interior, change the cuisine and raise the prices.  WAH!  The locals call it the "Chic Dump" affectionately.



I just snapped this shot of our wild vine maple tree turning colors in the front yard.  Such a pretty time of year.



I will be heading to the pool.. in the rain.. brrrr.  But I gotta do it.  In one week we'll be on the road south to California!  We'll drive for 8 hours or so and then spend the night in a hotel.. the next day we'll drive 4 more hours to Yosemite and check into the Ahwahnee Lodge for two nights.  I sure do hope we have nice weather.  My friend Shirley and her husband John will be house and dog sitting for us.  What are you up to this week?
((hugs)), Teresa :-) 

16 comments:

  1. Mocha's fluffy bed is just like the one we had purchased for our Hamish. He love's that bed.
    Sorry to have to tell you, but your doggie door stop isn't of a Westie, it is in fact a Scottie. A Wheaten colored Scottie, just like our Hamish. If you go to my Instagram account @little.robin.cottage then scroll way down, you'll see a couple photo's of our dear boy. In the past we've had several black and brindle Scotties (all rescues), Hamish is our first Wheaten. Miss them all so much.
    Those are great school pic's of the boys! They're so handsome!
    Sorry about Tad's being sold. Fingers crossed the new owners don't go crazy and destroy what has been established.
    I'm loving this time of year. The colors, the cooler days, rain, everything feels so cozy & makes me want to snuggle up under a blanket and knit all day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lots to love in your post. You certainly do live in a wonderful place. You must be very proud of your handsome grandsons. B x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yay to such a fun roadtrip....would love to see Yosemite maybe in my future lol Those handsome boys so grown and their pretty mum Kristi ❤❤❤😀😀

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nooooo! The Chic Dump can't be sold! I hope they keep it exactly the same. I want to visit and eat there with you and Dayle once again. Actually, we had thought about making a trip down there this weekend. I hadn't said anything yet to you about it because we weren't sure. Then Dennis had some clients tell him they were looking forward to seeing him Friday. They're flying in from Hawaii so there went our weekend away! He has one more vacation day to use by the end of October. I had looked forward to visiting you, Gracie and Becky and we were going to go to IKEA and the McMinnville Air Museum. Dennis has always wanted to stop there and we just never have. Oh well. Now it will probably be spring before we make the drive again.
    I'm so excited for you going to Yosemite. I have never been there so I will live vicariously through your photos. I know they will be gorgeous.
    Have a wonderful Thursday Teresa.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mocha on your head definitely does not look comfortable. :) You sure do live in a beautiful area. Wonderful to be surrounded by nature in all its wild glory. Have a great trip.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mocha looks so comfy in her new bed. Wonder if they make human-sized ones? Much more comfortable for you having her sleep there than on your head! You certainly live in a beautiful part of the world. The colours are spectacular! You are, quite rightly, proud of your grandsons. Such happy, smiling faces. Enjoy your trip. xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. So many gorgeous pictures here! You live in a beautiful place! It's a shame that Tad's is being sold, I know you've been going there a long time. I hope they keep it the same! I've seen those little dog beds and wondered about getting one for Molly....they obviously do love them. Your trip sounds very exciting and I look forward to hearing about it. Have a wonderful week dear Teresa XXX

    ReplyDelete
  8. WHAT? Tad's is for sale? bummer - hoping for the best

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for stopping to take photos of the gorgeous trees! I have been enjoying seeing the marvelous colors around us on the routes that I have been driving recently, but I have not stopped to take photos. Hopefully Mocha will find her new bed more inviting to sleep on then your head :-) I am glad you were able to go to Tad's with your handsome grandsons, their pretty mom and [and Travis and Dayle, too]. I have good memories of the times I have eaten there and hope that if it needs to be sold it will have new owners who honor its good history. While I am enjoying my new fall schedule, I am spinning around like the leaves falling from our trees. Life is whirling with lots of new-for-me details! ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh how I enjoyed eating at Tad's chick and dumplings restaurant! Been there 2x with ya. Working on diffuser bracelets and photos for calendars and cleaning on vacation from work. Getting ready for a holiday market that's a few weeks away. Love the pretty flowers. Enjoy your trip to CA!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So many lovely photos to comment on, Teresa. First off the autumnal colors in your area are pretty. And that photo of Mocha on your head is so funny! Maybe now that she has a new bed she will prefer it to your head! Your grands are darling. Hopefully your special dining spot will be bought by folks that you will enjoy. I hate it when a favorite spot is sold. We're at the beach and tomorrow we'll drive back home. Looking forward to your trip to Yosemite--one of my favorites!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You do live in a beautiful part of the country. Thanks for the photos. So nice you could spend time with your family too. That is the best.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such pretty tree pictures! Thanks for sharing them. It;s so sad that your favorite eatery is being sold. Hopefully, the new owners will only make positive changes and not anything drastic.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such gorgeous tree photos Teresa. Your boys are growing up so quickly and I love their school photos. What a shame your restaurant is being sold but fingers crossed they may not make too many changes. Have a wonderful weekend. Hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your trip is going to be wonderful. Those boys are growing up so fast I can't believe the change in them.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful photos. Spending time with family is the best!Anne X

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love comments and thank you so much for taking time to leave me a note. :-)