Friday, November 1, 2019

Back to our Regularly Scheduled Program

Hello!  Yesterday my friend Shirley and I volunteered at Multnomah Falls for the afternoon shift.  It was the first time one of my days fell on Halloween!  


I snapped this when we were leaving at the end of our day.  



Shirley brought a bucket of Halloween candy to share with visitors.  I wore my wrinkled old witches hat.  We had fun with all the visitors.



Meet Joel.  I have a funny story to tell you.  I noticed he had an accent so I asked him where he was from.  He said Australia.  I said.. my sister is in Australia, Tasmania actually.  He said he was from Tasmania.  I said my sister had sent me a photo of a lake they'd hiked around.  I showed it to him and he said.. that's Dove Lake and Cradle Mountain.  So, I texted my sister and asked her if that was the lake and she texted right back and said - "How did you know that!?".  So I told her about our visitor and she got a kick out of that.  



Dayle had gone to the falls the day before and snapped a few photos for me.. the falls were icing up due to the cold snap we had.



I've never seen it ice up this early!


I promised to share my dollhouse with you after Shirley did some dusting and arranging.  She has collected miniatures for most of her life so she had fun checking out all my little things.  The outside front of the house.



There are even lights inside!


The little brass plaque on the house.  I have googled for more info but can't find the history on this house.


The whole inside part.


Starting at the top on the right is a little room in the turret.  I've set it up as a place to read a book or do some sewing.  There is a balcony outside the door.  I love the tiny wicker table and chairs and the old wood sewing box.



Next to that is the fully appointed bath, the old time water closet is the same as in our house.  We also have the clawfoot tub, antique medicine cabinet wall-mounted sink.



The second floor has the nursery.  The nanny is putting the baby into her canopy crib while watching the little boy play on the floor with his toys.  The painting fell off the wall, I have to put it back up.  :-)



Next to the nursery is the master bedroom.



The light was dim in this room so I used a little flashlight to light it up a bit.  Notice the hand-crocheted granny square coverlet and pillows?


The dresser in this room is wonderful, and all the drawers open.  Note the tiny inkwell with quill pen?  That was a gift from Shirley.  She also gave me the tiny glass vase with a yellow rose.  


On the first floor is an entry hall with a real glass etched window in the door and also serves as a music room with the young lady of the family filling the house with piano music.



The living room is quite something, the floor is beautiful inlaid wood.  



The LR is decorated for Christmas with a tree, presents and stockings on the mantel. Mom and Dad are on the sofa and the table is set for a party with a pie, cakes and cupcakes on the buffet.  


I also used some extra light to show you Mom and Dad and the tree.  I also have some Williamsburg pewter, such as the bowl and candlesticks.  On the dining table is a pitcher and 2 mugs and a platter.


A closer photo of the buffet with a chocolate cake and cupcakes on a little cake plate with matching green glass candlesticks.


And the dining table with a pie on a hand crocheted lace doily, a cake and the pewter mugs and pitcher.  I realized the pie pan is a bottle cap.  :-)


I wish the kitchen was bigger, it is hard to photograph.  There is a potbelly stove in the back for cooking on and a sink in a cabinet.  I hope you enjoyed the little tour.


I've been waiting for the Pin Oak to turn red and it finally has, I just walked out to snap a photo of it before the East Wind blows all the leaves off.  :-)


I have never regretted painting the house and outbuildings red with white trim.



We still have the ghost bride and skeleton hanging up, time to take them down for another year.  :-)  In fact I'll be packing up all my decorations today and getting things out that gobble.  :-)


It's a beautiful, breezy day, 51 deg. F.  We have our grandson's here.  They spent Halloween with us.  They watching a scary movie and Dayle made us dinner of spaghetti and garlic bread and for dessert?  Halloween candy, of course!  We watched "The Lady in White" - a classic old scary movie before they headed to bed.  They're spending another night, we love having them here.



OK, time for me to get busy.  Have a super weekend.. any fun plans?  ((hugs)), Teresa :-) 

20 comments:

  1. I am in love with your dollhouse. What is it about miniatures that fascinates so many of us?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just WOW to your magnificent doll house 😃😃 And of course love the falls. Fancy the coincidence of a Tassie man visiting while your sis is all the way over there xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for a good visit in your amazing little house as well as your beautiful farm and the Falls. So glad you are enjoying time with the boys, too! I visited the St. Ritas craft fair today and errands and gatherings are on the agenda for this weekend...I just cleared the leaves off the patio and in the garage yesterday and guess what the East wind blew in today :-) ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful photos of the falls and the farm. I love seeing the color changes. I have heard of a weather thing called "The Grand Solar Minimum". I just read about it a few days ago. Some think we are heading back into a colder spell, a sort of mini ice age. They tell of the past few years that the temperatures all over the earth that are cooling. It did make an interesting read and our weather has sure been much cooler than normal the past few years. The snows here this year have broken all records since they began keeping them. Oh well, one thing is for sure, the weather will change again soon, one way or another! :-)
    I so enjoyed your dollhouse tour. I remember you showing it to me when I visited one time. Now I wish I had looked even closer. The details are amazing. I had that same picture of the angel and the children in our kids room when they were small.
    To answer your questions on my post. I delivered the mittens last week, I think it was Thursday, but I didn't get to see the children this year. They were in a special assembly when I arrived. The scrubby yarn IS very hard on my hands. I made the gray ones in the post and then stopped for a few days. My hands were very sore, especially my finger where I tension the yarn.
    I hope you and Dayle's backs improve. Mine is still very tender. I have GOT to get up and get some exercise soon or it will never get better.
    Wishing you both a fun and relaxing weekend to recover from your trip. I'm glad you've got your grandkids there. You are blessed.
    Love and Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  5. The building at the Falls is beautiful, it sits very prettily in its surroundings. The inside of your dolls house is amazing - all those fantastic little details, it's wonderful. Thank you for your lovely comment on my last blog post, I really appreciated your kind and reassuring words. I shall reread them again from time to time. Thank you. CJ xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. The falls are right at the top of my wish list of places to visit....when I win the lottery:) Such a beautiful sight.
    What a lovely doll house....so much tiny detail. We used to have two doll house shops near us that are sadly no longer in business and I could spend hours just looking at the all of the miniatures.
    Have a lovely weekend.
    Hugs-x-

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very beautiful creations and amazing photos!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your doll's house is gorgeous. Wish I could move in and explore! xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've never had a doll house and wasn't really into dolls....I was horse gal! LOL! It is beautiful though with so much detail. The falls are gorgeous with the frost on them. I took down the outside decorations today and I'm packing away the Halloween decor inside. It's 55 here and sunny but frosts overnight. Enjoy your weekend and your grands!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your dollhouse is enchanting, Teresa! I love the wallpaper and all the furnishings. Did you collect the pieces over the years? I can just bet you made the coverlet for the bed. The falls are gorgeous! How neat your sister and your guest at the falls have a connection! It's a small world!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The Falls look incredible with the ice, wow it is so early for that. Your ls amazing, thank you for taking us on a tour. Hope you had a wonderful visit with the grandkids. Hope you are having a wonderful weekend. t is finally around 80 today with hopes of it cooling off tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful photos. Looks like you had fun. And that dollhouse - so much intricate detail. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I loved your dollhouse tour! My daughter's dollhouse is here (she has two little boys) and I am wanting to "re-do" it and you gave me a lot of ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  14. oh my such treasure trove of photographs! that view!!! a-m-a-z-i-n-g...
    oh' i sooo love that dolls house, my twin sister collects and makes dolls house pieces and clothes and i will show her your photos she will love it!.
    She has an enormous dolls house and im always admiring all the little people and rooms inside...Loving your halloween outfit!... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Do you remember Mott's Miniatures at Knott's Berry Farm in Buena Park? It was a fabulous place. I remember the teeny tiny TV that really played programs. And the Candy Shoppe was fantastic. Each and every house, business, etc. was perfect in every detail. It's sad that they didn't take the offer to sell out to Knott's, as it would have all been preserved in one place and cherished for many, many years to come. But now, you can only see some of the items online at their various websites. It's nothing like seeing it all in person. The fine details you can only capture with the human eye are now lost.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your dolls house is beautiful. Growing up my neighbours had an incredible dolls house that their Grandfather made for them with a lit up fire place and everything. We would spend hours playing with it and when they moved they had a special alcove built into the house for it. The ice at the falls looks incredible. I love seeing your photos of the falls and how they change through the seasons. xx Susan

    ReplyDelete
  17. Loved having another tour around your dolls house. The falls look very pretty. Hugs Anne X

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow, Teresa the dollhouse is amazing! i will definitely show it to Amelia, she will love it! Thank you! XO, a

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thank you for sharing the photos of your lovely Victorian dollhouse.
    I just love the details & miniatures! It is a totally different style & era than mine which I must show you some time...

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love comments and thank you so much for taking time to leave me a note. :-)