Wednesday, December 11, 2019

Lighting up the Farmhouse

While I was at my DAR meeting on Monday, Dayle hung up our icicle lights on the front of the house.  I enjoy the lights on these dark evenings!


I went out in the frosty air last night to take a few photos of the lights.


When people drive by they can see our tree all lit up through the windows.


We found these amazing lights a few years ago, they even twinkle.



It's kind of fun to see it with our red and white trimmed old farmhouse.



We're making headways on decorating the living room, we have the angel on the tree and Santa's sleigh and 4 reindeer on the mantel along with two tiny decorated trees.  We need to find the stockings to hang on the mantle!



A closer photo of my beloved Jim Shore Santa and sleigh and reindeer.


I thought I'd share a few of my ornaments in each post over the next few weeks.  I love this patriotic one.



This is one of the crocheted ornaments I did using the inspiration and pattern devised by Lucy at Attic24 blog - the pattern is on the sidebar of her blog under "Bauble Decoration".


I have a small collection of vintage cherub angel ornaments from Italy.  :-)


I crocheted this one, too.. but can't find the pattern on Lucy's site, although I was sure she posted it.



This darling hand carved old wooden spool was a surprise gift from Dayle some years ago.  



I thought I'd show you the fun place we had our December meeting of the Portland Chapter of the Daughters of the American Revolution.  It was held in an old school room from McMenamins Kennedy School on 33rd Avenue in north Portland, Oregon.  A wonderful old schoolhouse from 1915.  This is our past member giving a program about Edgefield Manor which is another of their properties.


I am the official group photo organizer.  I announce it's photo time and then try to get everyone lined up and ready and find some poor soul to take the photo for us.  LOL!  Here we are!



Today is gift wrapping day, a bit more decorating and tidying up.  How are you coming along?

*********************************************
 *H*A*P*P*Y* * *H*O*L*I*D*A*Y*S*!*!*!*
*******************************************

((hugs)), Teresa :-) 


15 comments:

  1. Your living room is looking beautiful, you're so good at seasonal decorating. And it looks SO cosy from outside and the icicle lights are really pretty. You are inspiring me to think about digging out the decorations! CJ xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. The picture with your fireplace and tree is so warm and welcoming. And your outside lights look charming on your vintage home. A very merry place indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everything looks absolutely beautiful! I love to see ornaments collected or made over the years.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have the gifts, but not wrapped just yet. For whatever reason I don't feel rushed this year. I like seeing you Christmas lights. Very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We're coming along with our decorating, but there is shopping left to do. Your porch looks so pretty lit up, as does your home. Great photo of your DAR group.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pretty lights, and I enjoy seeing the other decorations and your DAR group as well. I got some holly and added it to the Advent wreath I put together and am working on cards and gifts and a small group service project. ((hugs)), Gracie :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Teresa all lovely and look forward to more on your decorations. Here I have actually finished and wrapped pressies and posted cards hoping 1 particular 1 gets there lol πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ahhh! I love seeing your decorated home. In person it's even better! :-) . I always look forward to seeing your Jim Shore Santa and sleigh. I think you're right about the heart ornament being Lucy's. I also made some a few years ago.
    All my decorating is done. I went and knitted this afternoon with the ladies at the nursing home and then after dinner Dennis and I went to Michaels so I could use my 60% off coupon on a BIG skein of yarn for mittens. That's too good a deal to pass up. On the way home we drove around and looked at lights on houses for awhile. I was fun. I haven't been out after dark except for airport runs for a few weeks now. I don't do well this time of year with the short days. Once the sun goes down my energy level definitely drops.
    Hello to Dayle and I really enjoyed visiting with you the other day. Thanks for being my friend, Teresa.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looking very festive, Teresa. I love all the old decorations that people collect over the years. So many memories. Yes, that looks like a "Lucy heart". I think the pattern may be the one she designed a few years ago for Yarndale, and the flower looks like her May rose. Either way, it looks lovely! xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your house looks so festive Teresa. Great photo of your group. I think I finished my shopping today but nothing is wrapped yet. We have our trees up and Billy has written his post for tomorrow!! Merry Christmas! xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your house looks so inviting and warm, I really like it. I could sit in your living room for hours and admire all the beautiful decorations.

    I'll finally put some decorations up after Alistair's birthday on Saturday. xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. You look like such a lovely bunch. Love your beautifully decorated house Teresa.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh how beautifully festive your home is looking! I am a bit behind after a busy week and so enjoying catching up on your gorgeous posts now. Your new banner is just perfect! XXX

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your house is looking very festive and beautiful and I love the mix of vintage and handmade decorations. xx Susan

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love comments and thank you so much for taking time to leave me a note. :-)