Friday, December 6, 2019

Trimming the Tree and City Lights

Our grandsons arrived on the bus after school for an overnight visit with us.  While Dayle ran into Popeye's to get 4 chicken sandwiches for our dinner, the boys and I hung all the ornaments on the tree!  The Angel is yet to go up but the tree is laden with memories and fun ornaments.  


What is amazing is they could reach the higher parts of the tree.. and they are only 10 and 11 years old!  Last year we depended on Kristi to decorate the top.  :-)


Caleb did bring a chair over to stand on to get the very tip-top area decorated.


And look at Hayden.. wayyy up there!


Then grandpa arrived and we all tucked into their famous fried chicken sandwich which we all just loved.  If you have a Popeyes near you, you should try one.


A new decoration arrived yesterday, my sister's husband had gotten one of these last year and she told me I really needed one.  That's all the encouragement I needed, I found one at Home Depot.  We opened the box and plugged it in and oh my goodness.. it's so fun to watch!


I took this photo this morning when there is more light.  It's automated and the lights blink and twinkle and change colors.  The Christmas tree rotates and there are skaters on ice in the gazebo below the tree.


The skating pond is lit and the light morphs from white to red to blue to green to purple.  The trees all are covered with sparkling "frost" and a tree is in the middle of the pond.


The are people admiring the tree.


There is even a Santa Claus handing a child a present.


There is a post office on the left and a bakery on the right and lanterns along all the walkways and all the windows are lighted.


There is more to do to get everything all set up for the holidays, I have my sister and Shirley coming for luncheon in a few weeks.  Do you have any parties to put on at your house on the run up to Christmas?  

*************************************
 *H*A*P*P*Y* * *H*O*L*I*D*A*Y*S*!*!*!*
*************************************

((hugs)), Teresa :-) 

13 comments:

  1. I love that.Iwant one!We have no parties planned apart from Xmas Eve,Xmas Day and Boxing Day.Our son in law was due to have a brain tumour removed next Tuesday and they have cancelled it and rescheduled for Feb 4th.We were all prepared for hospital visits,helping with the grandchildren etc.All presents are wrapped,lots of food bought etc.Now we have two and a half weeks with nothing to do!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoy seeing your decorators decorating and enjoying chicken sandwiches! The latest pretty decoration reminds me of the good years I enjoyed living in small towns where ice skating on small ponds or man poured ice rinks was a part of the winter fun. I just displayed in the living room a miniature book shop we were given years ago...cosy. I may have some of my kids over during the holidays, but mostly I am grateful to have been invited to drive to various gatherings around and about in the area. ((hugs)), Gracie :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, those boys are tall now aren't they. They made a lovely job of the tree and it all looks so beautifully cosy now, with the fire and your new decoration, brilliant. There's something so enchanting about houses with lit windows isn't there? It's one of my favourite things about this time of year. I love the throw on the wooden chair next to the tree as well, amazing colours and geometric design. I hope you have a lovely weekend. CJ xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. How lovely to have your grandsons visit and join in decorating the tree. Bet you had a lovely evening. Everything is looking very festive. Have a lovely weekend. B x

    ReplyDelete
  5. We had our Christmas lunch at work today. More coming in the next two weeks with our traditional "snack table" days. Always my favorite. Tables full of finger foods and we have some great cooks at my school. Love the village decor.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh boy love your latest xmas decoration ❤❤❤ Here I do very simple as we are back and forth so much. Going to a party today at son Rays. Those boys sure are tall. πŸ˜€πŸ˜€

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your new decoration is gorgeous and your grandson's really are getting tall. We decorated our tree this morning in 37c (99F) heat and climbing as that was at 10am! Supposed to be over 40C today and not feeling very Christmassy at all right now :( xx Susan

    ReplyDelete
  8. It looks like Mocha wants to try that sandwich too. We don't have a Popeyes here but I've heard they are delicious. Maybe next time we visit the Portland area we'll have to try it. I can't believe how tall the boys are now! They have sure shot up over the past few months haven't they?
    Love that new winter wonderland decoration. We only have one Christmas party for Dennis' work. We always have our Bible study party at our house the first week in January because people tend to be so busy in December. However, we really don't have anything going on. All gifts have been purchased and most given to the recipients last week. It seems kind of strange, but now we can focus on the reason we celebrate without any distractions.
    Wishing you a wonderful weekend Teresa. Hope all is well with Dayle these days.
    Love and Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  9. How lovely to have your grandsons to help decorate the tree. I bet there was a lot of reminiscing over the tree trims. Your home is looking very festive and cosy. xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's nice you had two grands to decorate the tree. They did a beautiful job! They are growing up so fast. My grands are the same, growing up too fast! I love your new Village. So neat to have it all in one piece. We have both of our children and grands come and spend a week with us at Christmas and end it with a big party with extended family in our home.

    ReplyDelete
  11. The boys are indeed growing taller, and so handsome. Looks like a lot of fun was had by all.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your new decoration... very pretty. We had two grands here last night to help us decorate too.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a beautiful tree Teresa and how nice to have your grandchildren over to help you trim it. They did a fabulous job. I bet those chicken sandwiches were delicious!!

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love comments and thank you so much for taking time to leave me a note. :-)