Friday, January 17, 2020

Blooms, Snow, Crochet and Farm Animals

Sally's Christmas Cactus is blooming beautifully.  She had red hair so these really remind me of her.


Our weather forecasters had been predicting snow for days and days.. we had a dusting the other day and this was this morning.  It's all melted now and it's 40 deg. F.  I do hope that we have at least one real snow before Spring.  :-)


I'm almost done with the 2nd color section of my Dahlia/Lucy blanket.  I must say the colors are brightening my winter!  Another thing is these colors remind me of fire.  


These colors kind of go BOOM, don't they?


A bit closer, this stitch is easy to memorize and work on, it's a joy.


I haven't shown you my little collection of farm animals.  I put them on our entry cabinet.  Everyone comes in the back door on the deck.  We use the front door so seldom we even have a sign on the gate, "Welcome, Please Come to the Back Door".  


This little group is fairly new, I found them on Wayfair.  There is a goat, cow, sheep and pig.  What is kind of weird is they are all the same height.  LOL!  What drew me to this group is the goat.  We raised them for years and I love goats.  We also had one sheep and a "volunteer" pig that visited from the neighbors house. :-)


We've been staying close to the hearth during this time of predicted snow and to be honest, I think I must be part bear as I hibernate in the deep winter.  Do you do this?


What plans do you have for the weekend?  Any wild parties?  Jet setting around the world?  Writing the great novel of the world?  Painting a masterpiece?  Me, I'm going to crochet.  ((hugs)), Teresa :-)  

11 comments:

  1. Last night at just before 9 pm I hopped in my car to drive about three blocks home from a knitting group and was shocked to realize my car had a little coat of ice on the windshield. We had a dusting of snow/ice last night but it is all melted this afternoon and your post is warming my thinking thanks to Sally's Cactus plant's pretty red blooms, and the vibrant warm colors of your blanket. Love seeing your farm animal collection :) Plan to head to meetings at church on Sunday. Hope you and yours have a happy weekend! ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  2. My dear friend, you are welcome to any of our snow that you would like. We're supposed to have heavy snow again tonight and tomorrow. Bleh!
    Your banket is lovely. The colors remind me of summer and heat. :-) I also enjoyed seeing your farm animals. It does seem odd that they are all the same height though. My favorite is the sheep. They're always my favorites of farm animals.
    We have no big plans. We're supposed to go to a memorial service tomorrow but it's way up in the mountains and with the snow I'm not sure we'll be going. We'll have to see what it's like. Otherwise, I spend most of my days in my chair knitting, crocheting and reading. And I love it.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your blanket does look like fire. I imagine it is warming you as you work your way back and forth. We are expecting a sleet event tomorrow with snow possibly to our north. What a love blossom on your cactus! The darling farm animals look nice on your table. They look right at home there. Enjoy your weekend in your cozy home.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your blanket is definitely a bright spot. Very gray and windy here today. I'm still trying to decide my next project.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Like you, I'm just planning on sitting quietly crocheting. It's been a lovely, bright day here today, but cold. No snow as yet. Hopefully none to come! I think I go into hibernation mode too. Roll on spring! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely bloom Teresa. Lovely animals. SO cute.
    Plans : Shoveled snow. Done.
    made snowdog
    done
    Knit...getting there
    Meeting a blog knit pal for first time tomorrow sTAY TUNED

    ReplyDelete
  7. Part bear lol Here I like cold but of course we have fires and floods happening. Love those ornaments and blanket making. Snow nice and cool ☃️☃️
    Playing with my new Panasonic lumix tz80 30 x zoom think just like your little one xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely colours, plant and yarn. On Saturday morning I had nine ladies come to craft. Chillies out in the afternoon. Today ( Sunday) I made some cards for own use and cooked dinner. It is nearly 10 pm now so will be going to bed shortly. Hugs Anne X factor

    ReplyDelete
  9. My cousin came to visit for the weekend and we sat by the fire and knitted and went to watch my grandson play in a hockey tournament. We discovered the PBS show Poldark and started watching that. We've had quite a bit of snow so we are in "hunker down" mode!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thankfully no snow here which I must admit I am glad about. Loving the crochet project and the vibrant colours of the yarn. The farm animals are a delight and make a stunning display.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Trying (key word there!!) to catch up on blog reading. Cute farm animals and I like seeing the pictures of snow at your place.

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love comments and thank you so much for taking time to leave me a note. :-)