Monday, January 27, 2020

Eagles, BBQ Ribs and Lightsabers

We drove to The Dalles to see the Eagles on Saturday afternoon.  We did see several but a friend of mine went earlier in the day and saw way more than we did.  But it was still fun to see them.  I was very disappointed in the clarity of my zoom shots, but the light was very poor and the big bridge camera I have has not lived up to my expectations... so the images are not optimum.  BUT.. here they are.  :-)


The late hour of our visit and low light due to cloud cover did not help.  But isn't he pretty?


Here are 3 eagles, 2 mature ones and a young one which is all brown.  It takes 3 years or so for the head and tail to turn pure white.


Here is what I HOPED to get when we went.. lol!  This I found on the internet, the Eagle is just rising from the water after catching a fish in his talons.  This was taken in the spot we were at.  The Dalles Dam.


On our way home Dayle snapped this shot with my iPhone as we sped along at 75 mph.  :-)  Oregon on the left, Washington on the right, the mighty Columbia River in the center.


I love living here!


Our son Travis invited us for dinner yesterday, he BBQed pork ribs for us!  Kristi made garlic mashed potatoes and corn on the cob to go with the ribs.  What a delicious meal!!


Our grandsons each have a lightsaber and were showing us their moves.  They even make sounds.. vrooomph.. fun to see.  The camera does not pick up the true red and blue of their sabers, but trust me, it's colorful!


Kristi looked out the back door the other day and was surprised by Hayden and snapped this photo of him and his lightsaber.. I thought this was a pretty cool shot.


That was our weekend.. eagle-ing and spending time with the kids.  A good one!  What were you up to?
((hugs)), Teresa :-)  

9 comments:

  1. Hi Teresa. Your dinner looked/ sounds yummy. Beautiful views, magnificent creatures. Like the photos of the boys, especially effective the last one.
    Our youngest and family came to visit on Sat afternoon. Other than that I did a big of crafting and chores:-( Hugs Anne x to

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks like you two had a great weekend. We have several eagles that nest at the lake and I love watching them in the summer. One evening during the week a couple of years ago when there were no boats on the lake and few people were even at the resort, Dennis and I were sitting outside looking at the lake when we saw an eagle swoop down to get a fish. The eagle went under water! Then it popped up but couldn't take off. It swam across to the bay using it's huge wings to paddle. I've never seen anything like it before or since. We googled it and apparently it's a very rare thing. The fish was so big te eagle couldn't take off again and so it swam to the shore with it. We both count ourselves blessed to have seen such a majestic sight. First the dive and then the amazingly huge wingspan being used to paddle/swim. I do hope you and Dayle get to see that someday. I'll never forget it.
    The light sabers are really neat. I could see Caleb having a blast with one. I'm so glad that you still see your family so often even since they moved out. Is the house big and lonely now after having it so full?
    It rained here most of the weekend so we spent it inside watching Netflix and Amazon Prime. I've watched the entire three seasons of "The Crown" and now Dennis wants to see it so I'm re-watching it with him.
    I hope you two have a great evening.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally understand your disappointment in your camera as I am suffering the same disappointment with mine. Those eagles are so majestic... you are lucky to be able to observe them. I love the light saber photo that Kristy took of her son... very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Even though you were disappointed in your eagle photos, I enjoyed seeing them...exciting you saw so many eagles at once! While driving along the coast in northern CA years ago, an eagle swooped down over my car going in the same direction I was headed, north. The wing span seemed wider than my car...a vivid thrilling memory still. When I asked a local friend who had worked at the national park nearby if she knew of eagle sightings in the area [because I could hardly believe what I thought I had seen] she confirmed that there were recently along the road I was on. So glad you had a good visit with Travis, Kristi and the boys and the impressive looking light sabers :-) Friday I visited with Lis and Gary and Gary's brother, wife and son who are visiting from where they work in Cambodia. They showed us some interesting video of the area where they live. On Saturday I got to experiment with watercolors with a small group and a facilitator who shared some techniques with us. Sunday I enjoyed worship at church and then meeting with a women's life group. ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the lightsabre photos! I'm a Trekkie and I love Star Wars too. I too love birds of prey, they're so majestic. Best, Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful to see those amazing eagles even if you were disappointed with your pictures. We have had a lot of low gloomy light here recently too...very grey and shadowy. Glad you enjoyed time with your family....great light saber shots of the boys! Hope you have a great week! XXX

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fun pics of the kids with their light sabers! the eagle pictures are nice too. My girlfriend has gotten some great shots of eagles around the Conowingo Dam (Susquehanna River). They are so majestic, aren't they? Our weekend was pretty wet, but I managed to get out and meet up with Dee.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Eagles!!!! Oh how I would love to take pics of them. Recovering from fever vac here and enjoyed this xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cool photos Teresa both of the eagles and your grandsons. Happy Wednesday, hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love comments and thank you so much for taking time to leave me a note. :-)