Monday, June 8, 2020

Rainy Weekend

Well.. Mother Nature watered the garden this weekend.  :-)  We happily cozied up by the fire and I crocheted and played Words with Friends and also Scrabble Go.  I miss the old Scrabble, this new one is crammed with annoying ads.  If I forget to turn the sound off of my iPhone or iPad the loud and annoying music scares me.. I almost dropped my phone when it started yelling at me.  :-)  I just went out to get some photos of the water saturated garden.  This is my beloved Mock Orange bush.


It's across from the chicken coop.  


This yellow Day Lily is starting to bloom and is covered with buds.


Pink Yarrow.


The moss on the garage/barn roof turns neon lime during rainy days.  Dayle is embarrassed of the moss but I love it.  :-)


The Crocosmia is shooting up in front of the Clematis and the Mock Orange is around the corner.


A zoom with my big Lumix on a Rose Campion flower.  Swoon.


The flower baskets are complaining about the lack of sunshine.  :-)


A huge cherry tree is covered with fruit high up from the ground.  The birds are happy.


4th of July peeking through the porch railing.


I tried to get a photo of the Hummingbirds dining at our feeder but only got his back.  I am wearing a bright pink shirt and they were buzzing me to see if I was a very large flower.  :-)


My friend Shirley brought me this fabulous pot of sedum for my belated birthday gift.  We were not able to meet for my birthday lunch out this year due to Covid.  Isn't it neat?


I have been watching the demonstrations and marches for equality.  I think actual progress is being made.  I think, I hope, that police should be learning that they're actually hired by us to protect US, not to beat us and gas us and hit us with bats.  Those of us who supported NFL players who took a knee to protest police brutality of people of color were right.  We need to spend more of our taxes to uplift those who need help, not pump it into the military and police forces who are being sent to beat us down.  We shall overcome!

((hugs)), Teresa :-)  

14 comments:

  1. Neat shotof the hummingbird's back side Teresa! And gosh ALL of your flowers are so beautiful. I love the moss on the roof - it is gorgeous! Wishing sunny skies for you my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sedum is really cool looking and I love the hummingbird photos. We had a cool rainy weekend too and in the last five minutes rain has started falling again on the trailer roof. One of my favorite sounds ever. I love quiet weekdays here best of all. Wishing you a wonderful week my friend.
    Blessings and hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  3. We had a lot of rain here this weekend which allowed me to refinish an antique rocker. It has been a big project. I have watched as much news as I can, I can't feel privileged enough to turn it off like it is too much. It is nothing compared to all that the Black community has gone through every day. I saw a hummingbird outside today!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I adore your darling hummingbird photo! Such a lovely color. The mock orange is beautiful! I do like the moss on the roof as well! So pretty. I'm praying our nation will finally do something about police butality!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooooh a humming bird so cute. Praying for all, many protests here and shocking the abuse that goes on. Love your mossy roof too Teresa 💜💙🙋‍♀️

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for so many beautiful views: flowers, hummer, cherries, moss, Teresa! I do not like the new Scrabble Go format either and don’t want to pay a monthly fee to play...sigh... 💞💐💞

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your flowers and your farm are beautiful! I too love the moss. I don't play scrabble but I have learned to turn my volume off on my pc when I go to bed for the very same reason! It's scary to be woken in the night hearing voices in your house!
    I agree with you about changes needed in so many places! I agreed when Colin Kappernick put a knee down and I watched the horror of Ferguson Missouri and so many others. It seems no one in authority is held to the same standards as the rest of us. Things have got to change! Bless those who are peacefully protesting and I pray they stay safe. I am so very grateful to them. If I was younger I would be out there with them! Stay well and stay safe!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such beautiful blooms! You certainly live in a gardeners paradise. Araignee

    ReplyDelete
  9. teresa!
    my clematis hasn't bloomed yet. it's new this year. maybe next year?
    awesome shot of the hummingbirds back. i watch our hummingbirds shoot into the dryer duct and take pieces of lint.
    i would love to see your chickens.
    the demonstrations and protests in town are causing some things to change, some people to resign. we need to keep up the work.
    peace and love from PDX,
    melissa

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your flowers are gorgeous always TERESA ! I'm sure a hummingbird would think you a flower!!!!
    Yes ,we need to overcome. We need to help each other in so many ways. Nice post

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like the shot of the hummingbird. Great detail! Rain here, so I don't have to water everything, thank goodness :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Teresa, We saw a pond today with huge fish that I think were Koi. I made fireman take me to the house where a man began planting 20 rose bushes when his wife died. Today he has over 400 rose bushes. It was beautiful and he also had a hedge of peonies. We had our masks on . It was just him, his dog and the two of us. The winds were howling. Storms on the way, so my rose shots are a bit blurred. But I thought of your pond!

    ReplyDelete
  13. You have such gorgeous flower photos...they really are amazing! I loved seeing the hummingbird...they are so sweet it must be lovely having them there! We have been watching lots of little birds in our garden too, it's fascinating. Hope you and Dayle are having a good week dear Teresa XXX

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your flowers are just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love comments and thank you so much for taking time to leave me a note. :-)