Friday, June 5, 2020

Skein 2 and Girl's Visit

I finished the first skein of purple yarn and my trusty assistant held the skein while I rolled up ball #2.  I have to say, working with this yarn is a delight, it's soft, it's got character, looks hand-spun and the color is spectacularly gorgeous!


Here is the shawl so far, I'll crochet the next ball and hopefully it will be big enough so I can start on the edging.  That is going to be fun to decide which color to use on each row.  Exciting!


 Here she is ready to add in.  



What would you make with this?


Today my sister Denise and my friend Shirley and her husband John came for a visit on the deck.  No hugging and we social distanced.  Dayle picked lettuce and I washed it and tore it by hand, put a wet paper towel over the top and put it in the fridge so it was crisp for lunch.  Dayle sauteed some chicken thighs, boiled and chopped some eggs, had a bowl of black olives, grated cheddar cheese, sliced our own radishes - Shirley brought tomatoes and avocado and Denise brought fresh baked bread.  We had 1,000 Island dressing and also Uncle Dans Ranch dressing.  John and Shirley are avid birdwatchers and identified birds and enjoy watching the fish, too.  They saw American Goldfinches, Lesser Goldfinches, Pine Siskins,  Black-Headed Grosbeaks, a Red-Breasted Sapsucker, Robins, Black-Capped Chickadees, Red-Breasted Nuthatch and Scrub Jays.


What a yummy lunch and it's so neat to have grown our own lettuce and radishes.  



I plan to work on my shawl this weekend.  Do you have any plans?  Have a good one!  ((hugs)), Teresa :-)   

16 comments:

  1. You have the perfect property for socializing with distance. :) Looks like it was a lovely time. Your shawl is going to be gorgeous. I've been using what I've got on hand to make whatever I possibly can. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your meal looks so delicious and how fun to be able to eat the food you're growing yourself. I am especially happy that you were able to get together finally and have lunch. I know you've missed everyone. Your life is usually so busy and social.
    Your shawl is so pretty and you KNOW that's my favorite color. You should make a hat to match. You always look so stylish in your hats with your shawls.
    It's raining here tonight at the trailer. I love that sound. It's supposed to be a cool, cloudy weekend. I love weekends like that. Coziness.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely time together Teresa and wow to that food yum Here still working on my Sophie and ran out of grey but thankful 2 towns away had some at spotlight.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad you had a lovely visit and are making good progress on your pretty shawl. Lis took me to Freddie's for groceries and I got two rectangular planters and some sugar snap pea plants. I hope to get some patio gardening done between rain showers tomorrow. Love and hugs :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That looks delicious, home grown food is the best, and so lovely that you were able to share it with your sister and her friend as well. What a wonderful list of birds you have in your garden, I shall tell my oldest. Some of those birds are familiar to me, but I imagine different varieties, such as the nuthatch and goldfinch. I hope you have a good weekend. CJ xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, your salad looks so yummy!!! Fresh veggies are such a luxury these days.
    No plans here but the same old, same old. Getting out and about with all these tourists is just not going to happen this summer I'm afraid. Araignee

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well done on the salad crop,it’s great to eat homegrown. Your shawl is going to look lovely. B x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh your gathering ,small but so sweet and safe.
    ;I changed my plans for the weekend. We walked 5000 steps and then went to a outdoor patio with our masks on and our wipes. NO ONE was wearing masks besides us. WE asked to sit 6 feet away from others . The little waitress took us to a table for 6 , oblong, and asked if she could seat two others on the other end. I marked it out and said, that's 3 feet, not 6, please no. SO we got the table to ourselves. It is unreal how this lovely little tourist town is pretending there is no COVID!!!!! We had one drink and left. To end on a good note: I plan a full porch night and I'm going to try to catch the moon with my camera as well as you do. Thank you for your comment today Teresa on my blog

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your meal looks delicious Teresa! Home grown salads are the BEST!!!! That purple yarn is yummy. Looking forward to seeing your shawl grow.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I can't wait to see the edging for your shawl! Your lunch looks delicious... I can't wait until we can eat our own lettuce and spinach in a salad.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a lovely outside space you have, how nice to able to meet up there :-)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. How lovely to spend time with people you love, eating delicious food and still staying safe. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yummy salad. We had romaine lettuce with canned chicken 🐔 and a few other veggie I'm there for dinner and French bread. Did a bit of shopping Sat!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Amazing salad.....shared with dear friends. Lots to love about the day!!!
    Love the shawl....and the yarn shows up perfectly on that fabulous doily!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such delicious salad...and homegrown too! Well done on your kitchen gardening. So nice to have a little safe and socially distanced time with loved ones...glad you were able to do that in your lovely garden. The shawl is gorgeous....your crochet is always just so neat. XXX

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love comments and thank you so much for taking time to leave me a note. :-)